"I'm loving Clinique skincare" plus questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know Clinique gets bad press about its skincare but everything I've tried has been great! I'm really loving the Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser (been using it for about a year now or maybe more and have had no problems with it), City Block SPF25 (oil-free sunscreen for the face...works so well), Advanced Stop Signs SPF15 eye cream (just bought this and love it) and Take the Day Off make-up remover (for eyes and lips). I just got this in a 50ml bottle in a gift set and definitely want to get the full size at some point. I'm yet to try the pore minimizing serum and the other pore minimizing thing you use with hot water to open the pores...anyone got any rants/raves about these? Also, when and how do you use the serum (as in morning or night, with moisturiser or without, under make-up?)? I have 30ml of the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel but haven't tried it yet. Rants/raves about this? Does it make a huge difference to the skin? I already have an oil-free, fragrance-free moisturiser I like so will stick with this unless the Clinique one is meant to be amazing.

Originally Posted by Violet I know Clinique gets bad press about its skincare but everything I've tried has been great! I'm really loving the Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser (been using it for about a year now or maybe more and have had no problems with it), City Block SPF25 (oil-free sunscreen for the face...works so well), Advanced Stop Signs SPF15 eye cream (just bought this and love it) and Take the Day Off make-up remover (for eyes and lips). I just got this in a 50ml bottle in a gift set and definitely want to get the full size at some point. I'm yet to try the pore minimizing serum and the other pore minimizing thing you use with hot water to open the pores...anyone got any rants/raves about these? Also, when and how do you use the serum (as in morning or night, with moisturiser or without, under make-up?)? I have 30ml of the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel but haven't tried it yet. Rants/raves about this? Does it make a huge difference to the skin? I already have an oil-free, fragrance-free moisturiser I like so will stick with this unless the Clinique one is meant to be amazing. Violet I agree with you with the City Block SPF25, I use it for 2 years and it's a very very good face sunscreen!!I haven't bought any other Clinique's scincare producr except once I bought Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel but I return it because it was like water on my face it doesn't moisturize at all!! It's only an oil-free lotion that you have to put under your ordinary moisturizer!! The clinique MUA told me this but I bought it and when I realize that I gave 30 euros for just a lotion under my ordinary moisturizer I changed it and I bought Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop moisturizer!! I use it for one year and a half and it does really miracles to my sensitive oily face!!If you have oily skin I suggest you to buy this instead of Different Moisturizing Gel!!!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Violet I agree with you with the City Block SPF25, I use it for 2 years and it's a very very good face sunscreen!!I haven't bought any other Clinique's scincare producr except once I bought Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel but I return it because it was like water on my face it doesn't moisturize at all!! It's only an oil-free lotion that you have to put under your ordinary moisturizer!! The clinique MUA told me this but I bought it and when I realize that I gave 30 euros for just a lotion under my ordinary moisturizer I changed it and I bought Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop moisturizer!! I use it for one year and a half and it does really miracles to my sensitive oily face!!If you have oily skin I suggest you to buy this instead of Different Moisturizing Gel!!!
icon_lol.gif
Thanks. I might just stick with my Boots No7 one, though. It's quite cheap and seems to work really well. I think all I need is a simple oil-free lotion that hasn't got any medicated ingredients in it (they seem to break me out!) but that moisturises enough (but not too much). The Clinique one sounds pointless if you can't use it on its own!

i really like clinique's 3 step although i find the bar soap not strong enough to just use alone. but so far i love the moisturizer i just find it to work out really well for me. and total turnaround. ooo weee that was the best thing ive ever use.

I once saw this woman with gorgeous skin and I asked her what she uses and she said Clinique skincare. So, of course, I tried it and it made my skin really soft. I only used it for a few months just b/c I like to keep trying different things until I find something that works perfectly for me. My best friend swears by the pore serum and she says it make a huuuuge difference. She has complained about her pores for the past two years and she said she is finally starting to see a difference because of the serum. She uses it at night so that her skin can breathe and so that her pores can absorb the serum throughout the entire night. If you apply it in the morning, it probably won't work as well underneath your makeup.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by ChristinaK I once saw this woman with gorgeous skin and I asked her what she uses and she said Clinique skincare. So, of course, I tried it and it made my skin really soft. I only used it for a few months just b/c I like keep trying different things until I find something that works perfectly for me. My best friend swears by the pore serum and she says it make a huuuuge difference. She has complained about her pores for the past two years and she said she is finally starting to see a difference because of the serum. She uses it at night so that her skin can breathe and absorb into her pores throughout the entire night. If you apply it in the morning, it probably won't work as well underneath your makeup.
icon_smile.gif
Welcome to MUT.

Welcome, Christina! Does your friend use the serum with moisturiser or just on its own?

GOOD SKIN CARE IS WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. IF I WORKS FOR YOUR SKIN
claps.gif
KEEP USING WHAT WORKS. M

Originally Posted by Violet I know Clinique gets bad press about its skincare but everything I've tried has been great! I'm really loving the Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser (been using it for about a year now or maybe more and have had no problems with it), City Block SPF25 (oil-free sunscreen for the face...works so well), Advanced Stop Signs SPF15 eye cream (just bought this and love it) and Take the Day Off make-up remover (for eyes and lips). I just got this in a 50ml bottle in a gift set and definitely want to get the full size at some point. I'm yet to try the pore minimizing serum and the other pore minimizing thing you use with hot water to open the pores...anyone got any rants/raves about these? Also, when and how do you use the serum (as in morning or night, with moisturiser or without, under make-up?)? I have 30ml of the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel but haven't tried it yet. Rants/raves about this? Does it make a huge difference to the skin? I already have an oil-free, fragrance-free moisturiser I like so will stick with this unless the Clinique one is meant to be amazing.

I have a few comments about Clinique Products for those of you who use it...as a former Clinique Consultant, I 100% love and still promote these products.......not everything works for everyone, just remember that.....I've never seen the oil-free DDML your talking about..I don't think we have that here yet, but I'd be excited to try it.....the poor minimizing products are excellent...I used to use them on my customers as I was doing makeovers...the refining lotion is a product that is designed to actually shrink pores .....the pore perfect or is used to topically make the pores seem less visable and serves as a shield to prevent makeup from sinking into the pores....the

the serum is used over your moisturizer....if you are using the 3-step skincare system, it's always 3-step first before everything else.....the Pore minimizer t-zone gel is just to control oil and refine the look of pores that product can be used last if your using all three and the t-zone gel can be used under makeup and overmakeup and before touch-ups.......I'm not familiar yet with the new thermal warming product, but it sounds kind of like a wash to clean out pores.

claps.gif
The three step skincare system is very effective, but for the best results, it is wise to follow the advice of the Consultant and use one of the makeup removers prior to washing the soap....reason being, the soap was not designed to wash off makeup, it was designed to cleanse your skin affectively.....in order for the soap to do it's job, the makeup must be removed and out of the way.....that is what the foaming cleanser and oil-free cleansing gel are for.........then after the makeup is removed with either of the removers, and the face is cleansed with the bar, the Clarifying lotions can do their job which is to ex foliate and return skin to normal ph balance and also freshens and refines......then your ready for DDML....if you are oily, only place the DDML around the places of the face there is no oil...then apply your booster moisturizer..........Cliniques Philosophy is this "Always three step-first" then your turnaround cream, then booster moisturizer...........hope this helps....glad to help more if you need it
icon_cool.gif

For my skin Clinique products are the best. I really love the brand.

Cheers,

Audrey

I used the three step system for a little less than a year. At first it seemed to be wonderful for my skin, so smooth, clear and soft. But over time it was just too harsh for my skin. I first changed to the mildest versions but even these where too harsh. It got my skin to be flaky with larger pores and started to be irritated and uneven. I know it was the 3step that caused this, and it took some time to get my skin into balance again and I have never before had any problem skin it has always been, "normal" with just some blackheads around my nose.

I still use other skin care items from Clinique but not the 3 step, except the DDML that are fine and sometimes the 7 day scrub. I also use their makeup removers.

//Jenny

Originally Posted by Alammy I have a few comments about Clinique Products for those of you who use it...as a former Clinique Consultant, I 100% love and still promote these products.......not everything works for everyone, just remember that.....I've never seen the oil-free DDML your talking about..I don't think we have that here yet, but I'd be excited to try it.....the poor minimizing products are excellent...I used to use them on my customers as I was doing makeovers...the refining lotion is a product that is designed to actually shrink pores .....the pore perfect or is used to topically make the pores seem less visable and serves as a shield to prevent makeup from sinking into the pores....the the serum is used over your moisturizer....if you are using the 3-step skincare system, it's always 3-step first before everything else.....the Pore minimizer t-zone gel is just to control oil and refine the look of pores that product can be used last if your using all three and the t-zone gel can be used under makeup and overmakeup and before touch-ups.......I'm not familiar yet with the new thermal warming product, but it sounds kind of like a wash to clean out pores.

claps.gif
The three step skincare system is very effective, but for the best results, it is wise to follow the advice of the Consultant and use one of the makeup removers prior to washing the soap....reason being, the soap was not designed to wash off makeup, it was designed to cleanse your skin affectively.....in order for the soap to do it's job, the makeup must be removed and out of the way.....that is what the foaming cleanser and oil-free cleansing gel are for.........then after the makeup is removed with either of the removers, and the face is cleansed with the bar, the Clarifying lotions can do their job which is to ex foliate and return skin to normal ph balance and also freshens and refines......then your ready for DDML....if you are oily, only place the DDML around the places of the face there is no oil...then apply your booster moisturizer..........Cliniques Philosophy is this "Always three step-first" then your turnaround cream, then booster moisturizer...........hope this helps....glad to help more if you need it
icon_cool.gif

Thanks, but I don't use the 3-step. I mix and match products from different brands - Clinique, Boots No7, LUSH and Clarins. I've also been using the Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser at night to take off make-up (first wash) and to cleanse (second wash) and that works really well. I don't get on well with using soap on my face. I'm pretty sure the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel is out in the US because I've seen reviews from US people on make-up sites.

Jenny,

Sorry the 3 step didn't work for you.....it could be your skin is sensitive to the alcohol in the clarifying lotion..I don't know without seeing your skin...what matters most is that you are using quality products of some kind to care for and protect our skin.....when you go to the cosmetics department to purchase skincare, , make sure you get someone who is trained and experienced to help you ...most of the time cosmetics companies take great pains with training to ensure that they are giving the you the right advice.

Sophia,

Have you ever tried Moisture in Control?? that is an oil-free, fragrance free moisturizer sold by Clinique...right now, I'm using Cliniques Super Defense moisturize with spf 15 and I just love it!!

Originally Posted by Alammy Jenny,Sorry the 3 step didn't work for you.....it could be your skin is sensitive to the alcohol in the clarifying lotion..I don't know without seeing your skin...what matters most is that you are using quality products of some kind to care for and protect our skin.....when you go to the cosmetics department to purchase skincare, , make sure you get someone who is trained and experienced to help you ...most of the time cosmetics companies take great pains with training to ensure that they are giving the you the right advice.

Sophia,

Have you ever tried Moisture in Control?? that is an oil-free, fragrance free moisturizer sold by Clinique...right now, I'm using Cliniques Super Defense moisturize with spf 15 and I just love it!!

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Welcome to MUT Alammy!!I had once a sample of Moisture In Control but I didn't like it!!It was like water and I want something to moisturize my skin!!But I want to try Super Defense SPF15 but it's a little bit expensive and I prefer my Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop which is really a very good moisturizer!Super Defense is good?Did you have any allergic reactions?This is my fear to any new moisturizer I am going to buy!
icon_wink.gif

Welcome to MuT Alammy! I'm Laura from Ireland. If you need help with anything on this site just shout. Looking forward to chatting with you
biggrin.gif

Hello Sopia,

Thankyou for the warm welcome
icon_smile.gif
I guess you have to be pretty oily to use the moisture in Control......the superdefense is a little richer feeling...I'm pretty sure it's oil free too and the fact that it has an spf of 15 is something I really like about it.....no it didn't irritate my skin at all...but I don't know how it would affect you...if you try it and it irritates you, just bring it back and keep the receipt..that is a valid excuse for making a return at the cosmetics counter......I'm going to purchase another jar of SDF Cream in August because there is a gift with purchase at my Marshall Fields store....I just got a GWP in Lord and Taylor.....I love all the little samples to take on trips and try new products.....It's in my blood...when I worked in cosmetics, it was an exciting time because the vendors always invite you to their mini-trainings at your store and ususally give you one of their products to try....so I've had the opportunity to use many very high end products...I think the most expensive product I've tried was from the Strivecten vendor..you know the stuff that is for stretch marks and is supposed to make wrinkles vanish????? I didn't like that at all and either did many other of the girls....reason being, it's way to greasy for normal to oily skin.......I threw the $125.00 tube in the garbage
icon_rolleyes.gif
and I wouldn't sell it to anyone after that...it's just a lot of hype, and being an honest and straight foreward sales person, I would steer my customers away from it and suggest something else...I just can't see a person throwing their money away like that.....enough said.....I'm going away this weekend, leaving today and I'll be back on Monday!! have a great weekend!!!

Hello Laura!!!!

Thanks for the welcome!! I look foreward to chatting more with you too....how's the weather out there?? It's stifling hot here!!

Originally Posted by Alammy Hello Sopia,Thankyou for the warm welcome
icon_smile.gif
I guess you have to be pretty oily to use the moisture in Control......the superdefense is a little richer feeling...I'm pretty sure it's oil free too and the fact that it has an spf of 15 is something I really like about it.....no it didn't irritate my skin at all...but I don't know how it would affect you...if you try it and it irritates you, just bring it back and keep the receipt..that is a valid excuse for making a return at the cosmetics counter......I'm going to purchase another jar of SDF Cream in August because there is a gift with purchase at my Marshall Fields store....I just got a GWP in Lord and Taylor.....I love all the little samples to take on trips and try new products.....It's in my blood...when I worked in cosmetics, it was an exciting time because the vendors always invite you to their mini-trainings at your store and ususally give you one of their products to try....so I've had the opportunity to use many very high end products...I think the most expensive product I've tried was from the Strivecten vendor..you know the stuff that is for stretch marks and is supposed to make wrinkles vanish????? I didn't like that at all and either did many other of the girls....reason being, it's way to greasy for normal to oily skin.......I threw the $125.00 tube in the garbage
icon_rolleyes.gif
and I wouldn't sell it to anyone after that...it's just a lot of hype, and being an honest and straight foreward sales person, I would steer my customers away from it and suggest something else...I just can't see a person throwing their money away like that.....enough said.....I'm going away this weekend, leaving today and I'll be back on Monday!! have a great weekend!!!

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Have a great weekend to you Alammy!!

Latest posts

Back