I'm really considering "Natural " skin care....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natural is fine; I love natural but if the line is missing up to the minute antioxidants, (enought to make a difference in the way you want your skin to look) than its just a standard skin care. Boring at the very least.

Hi! Thanks for your recommendation. I've heard good things about Dermalogica too.

Originally Posted by Suzq1 Some suggestions are Sundari...Zen Med...Pratima skin care....Aubrey...Boscia...I'm worried that all the copper peptides, retinoids,etc etc, etc are taking a toll on our skin...whadya think??
icon_redface.gif

HI, i have changed to natural skin care and love the mi essence organic products from australia , they really sink into the skin . THe company say that their products "feed" the skin
icon_wink.gif
.Ive started using natural products for shampoo , shower, toothpaste and the mi essence foundation is fab , it doesn`t feel like its gunk like other products i`ve tried.

Burts bees are fab too, have you tried them?

XXXX

I really like natural skincare products, I haven't been using a lot of natural skincare stuff because its really expensive and I have a whole bunch of commercial products that I either need to use up or throw away. Someday, I want to go all out but not at the moment. The Wild Oats in my town, have a lot of great "natural" skincare stuff and Whole Foods does too. You should check those places if you have them or search on the web, there is a lot of "natural" stuff out there. Some natural skincare stuff I like: aubrey organics, miessence and terresentials.

Originally Posted by Dixiediva
icon_smile.gif
THE NEW, NATURAL WAY TO GLOW!Cleanse, Exfoliate, Polish, Nourish & Moisturize With

Two Luxurious Layers of Lathers

It’s The New Way To Glow!

Imagine a clay polish -- gentle enough for facial cleansing -- used and loved by women in 700 a.d.! Well this is it. Rhassoul remineralizes your skin. It contains lithium, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and zinc. You know that magnesium promotes elasticity within the muscle and as well as vigorous blood circulation. And in the second layer of lather, the Prairie Oat Mint bar moisturizes and nourishes. You will see results after the first treatment. It’s more than exfoliation. It’s resurfacing, retexturizing your skin while it controls oiliness. And it's a totally individualized system. You can use the components with any frequency and in any combination you choose to adapt to any condition you encounter in your skin. In the beginning, I strongly recommend that you Rhassoul no more than three times a week in the morning. Then as us familiarize yourself with the system and how it works with your skin type, you'll find your own rhythm based on your skin's condition, time of year, time of month etc.

Here’s how to use the five Rhassoul System products together. In the beginning, we reccommend you use your Rhassoul three times a week. Rhassoul is one of Mother Nature's gifts that requires each person to find their individual level with and the frequency will change from season to season as your complexion changes.

PREP Cut your Rhassoul bar into 6 cubes and store 5 in a brown paper bag. They will last a long time! Cut your complexion bar, the Prairie Oat Mint or Almond Cream, in quarters. Use the extra pieces as sachets in your linen closet or lingerie drawer; both are great fragrances.

1. First, remove the day's accumulated surface dirt, dead dry skin cells, excess oils and debris by swabing your face with our Rose Petal Toner. Make sure to use only 100% cotton pads. Synthetics are too harsh.

2. Now wet your face AND neck. We often overlook our neck but not with the The Rhassoul System. Wet the piece of Rhassoul. Rub it gently and directly all over your face and neck in upward motions and keep doing that until you have created a thick, creamy lather. It might be helpful to put some water in your palm to get started or boost the lathering process. Use a light touch, but do use the rhassoul directly on your skin. No washcloths. You want all rhassoul’s minerals to get in there and polish!! Allow the lather to rest for 30 seconds. Do not rinse.

3. While you're waiting, take your Almond Cream or Prairie Oat Mint, lather it up between your hands and apply that sudsy lather directly over the Rhassoul lather. Gently wash the entire face until the two lathers are blended, about 15 to 30 seconds. Now rinse. Rinse thoroughly with a washcloth or with splashes of water. Take three times as much time for rinsing as compared to what you took for lathering. Blot damp ... not dry ... with a soft towel; vigorous rubbing with coarse material aggravates and tugs at your skin.

4. Using the Only Face Feed, place three dots on each cheek, four on your neck and any other dry spots. Now lightly finger-tap the dots into your skin with your fingertips. Allow it to penetrate for 60 seconds. The Only Face Feed got its name from the fact that it contains only the finest, most exquisite rare plant oils, oils known to be rich in phyto-nutrients the skin needs. Our Only Face Feed contains: 100% all-natural oils of emu, avocado, sea buckthorn berry pulp, calendula Co2, St. Johnswort Co2, borage seed, rosehip, sweet almond, vitamin e, vitamin a. It also contains essential oil of frankincense, known to be helpful with wrinkles. As its name suggests, it feeds your skin, replenishing lost vitamins, trace minerals and other

nutrients.

5. Now take the Pore Seal & Protect, carefully pump out an amount the size of a pea. A small pea! Dot that all over your face and neck blend in. Great tip I recently discovered: You can also mix it in with your foundation for beautiful, moisturizing sheer coverage. That still leaves moisturizing and that brings us to Pore Seal & Protect. That is designed to seal in all the benefits of the Rhassoul, Prairie Oat Mint and Face Feed. It also has contains Only's rare veggie oils complex in addition to a special Honey & Beeswax Blend I add in to give it lasting power. 100% all natural, it's made with vegetable glycerin, chamomile tea with calendula & comfrey infusion, aloe vera gel, beeswax, vegetable emulsifier, emu oil. jojoba, wheat germ, vitamin E & sunflower oils. shea butter, honey, lanolin, vitamins A & C. preservative. It's fragrance & color free.

The result? A beautiful glow – dubbed “that Rhassoul radiance†by it’s fans -- that only Rhassoul facial polish and its trusty sidekick Prairie Oat Mint complexion bar -- makes possible.

Dermatologists agree good skin care must include and balance the 5 basic skin cleansing functions which are:

1. Polishing. Exposing and stimulating the bright, glowing layer of skin beneath the dead dry cells. Rhassoul ... does it again!!

2. Exfoliating. Lifting off dry, dead skin cells. Rhassoul ... reporting for bigtime duty!!

3. Cleansing. Dissolving surface debris, oils. Drawing out toxins, lifting away cosmetic product build-up. Prairie Oat Mint emulsifies all the skin's nitrogenous and hormonal wastes, dead skin cells and dried perspiration in a rich, deep cleansing lather.

4. Nourishing. Delivering vitamins and minerals to this new layer of skin.

5. Moisturizing. Only Face Feed & Pore Seal & Protect envelop the new skin in a soft blanket of plant oils to preserve and maintain that Rhassoul radiance!

Rhassoul completes steps one through three. Prairie Oat Mint or Almond Cream gets job #4 done. And Only Face Feed & Pore Seal & Protect wrap it all up with #5. Thousands of women agree. Let me know if you do too!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

THIS is totally great! it sounds like a good natural skin care. Do you know if it takes make up off though??? Boy would I like to cut down on the time, money and products that I use everyday to keep my skin looking good! I have been WORKING at my skin all my life! Coming from a mediterainean European family, the women start skin care at a very young age, but I do have to say, even in her 80's before she passed my grandma had soft, hardly lined, moist skin. she had some wrinkles and aging but if you touched her face it was SO soft and it LOOKED good! I am 52 and get mistaken for being in my 30's all the time, they tell me , Oh well, you're too young to know about such and such and I have to tell them, No, I was THERE! and they make me show my license! People say, Oh you have such nice skin. I always tell them that I have to work at it, it doesn't just happen with a bar of soap in the shower. But I WISH it did! I am presently looking to simplify too! And I wonder what ARE the long term affects of all these acids and chemicals we put on our skin?? I have never heard of this company but let us know how you like it and if it works well for you and where we can check it out. Thanks for such a complete and nice article on the skin care. It was great!
claps.gif
Chermarie

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I know.. I know..
icon_redface.gif
I've tried - quit for awhile... but ended up going back. Still smoking the Ultra lights though - haven't gone any stronger... and cut back a lot - so i guess its some progress
icon_neutral.gif
I hate to get on you, BUT, please stop smoking! Not only is it nasty, it kills the equivalent of a completely filled jumbo jet liner crashing and killing everyone aboard EVERYDAY! It has affected two people in my family. My dad got the stomach cancer and other cancers that are related to smoking and THANK GOD he made it through. We buried my uncle, my dad's brother, a week ago. My dad is on oxygen all the time now and he said if he had the chance he would take every ciggarette and the companies and smash them all because all they do is kill. Just think about it. You are too pretty to have something so ugly control you.
icon_exclaim.gif
Chermarie

Originally Posted by Suzq1 Some suggestions are Sundari...Zen Med...Pratima skin care....Aubrey...Boscia...I'm worried that all the copper peptides, retinoids,etc etc, etc are taking a toll on our skin...whadya think??
icon_redface.gif

I was looking at lush and it looked like they had some nice products! Let us now what you find.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Chermarie

Originally Posted by Laura Must try herbal tea sometime! I myself LOVE water & think its the best thing for skincare. Anyone could see when i'm not drinking 2litres of water a day by my skin.. I start to have mild breakouts on my chin. WATER girls WATER. It's the best thing ever! Laura,
icon_smile.gif
another great way to use tea, of course drink it, I always have a cup full of tea or water at all times, but you can also make a tea up with herbs that are good for your skin and after it cools put it in one of those little fine mist spray bottles you can get at the pharmacy. it helps hydrate and soothe. you can even make a facial steam with it (tent a towel over your head and a bowl of steaming herbal tea ( I know a lot of people who use "swiss criss" which is a body cleanse and detoxifier) or mix the herbs and use with or without a clay base as a facial (mix some of the tea water in for healing). It helps sinus and respiratory things too! Also If you add a little lemon juice to your water it helps cleanse and is supposed to help your skin. My grandma drank hers warm in the morn with some honey. She put some lemon slices in the water as she warmed it so it would release the lemon essence. It doesn't taste bad either! It might help with the breakouts on the chin, my accupunturists says those are usually digestive related...can't hurt!
icon_biggrin.gif
Chermarie

I do believe that the more simplistic my routine, the better my skin is!!! But do beware, just because it's natural doesn't mean it does not have ingredients that are irritating to the skin, etc. I guesss everything is all about trial and error. For instance, I tried Dr. Hauschka's (sp?) rejuvenating mask, and that was a big mistake. The smell was sooooooooooo nauseating, and I made my skin that was good at the time, breakout (in such a weird way too)!!!!!!!!!! I would never use Dr. H's products again, even if someone paid me too! But like I said everyone is different. I do like jojoba oil for dry areas, and for my hair. And I do like the good old acv
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Red Well, I read all about the Daybreak. Sounds good. Went to web site, filled out personal skin care profile. Waiting for my personalized skin care recommendations.Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info!!

Welcome to MUT!

Hi,

I'm a big fan of natural skincare--home made. Many so called nautral products can cause irritation. Read the ingredients very carefully on any manufactured product. Everything natural is not good. Have you heard/read about the latest craze, emu oil? It comes from the ostrich looking, long legged animal that is now being farm raised in this country. People are really slathering it on!!

Also, drink plenty of water. Natural skincare starts from the inside.

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 Hi,
I'm a big fan of natural skincare--home made. Many so called nautral products can cause irritation. Read the ingredients very carefully on any manufactured product. Everything natural is not good. Have you heard/read about the latest craze, emu oil? It comes from the ostrich looking, long legged animal that is now being farm raised in this country. People are really slathering it on!!

icon_biggrin.gif
HI! You are SO right. Alot of people think, Oh it's "natural" so it can't do anything bad. But you can still have allergies or some things might not be good to use or freshness might be an issue, it could get bacteria because without preservatives to keep it fresh and stuff to stop bacteria from growing it could be really bad if you use it if it is old. Plus you have to make sure their is nothing that could be a toxic or if it is contaminated. yeah I know a lot of people who are using the emu oil! They love it. From what I understand it is the closest you can get to human natural skin oil and the molecules are small enough to actually penetrate the skin cells and be absorbed. BUT, because of this you HAVE to make sure you use the triple refined or whatever process they call it to make sure it is pure and has no contaminants or toxins in it that will penetrate with the oil or cream. You just have to be careful what you use and not just buy some jar or bottle of something because it says emu oil and is cheap and you found it somewhere online or on a shelf or something. Look into it and make sure it is pure and refined or pasturized or whatever they do to it. Kim uses it, I think, and she knows a lot about stuff and I am sure she would have info on this. She posts under "Naturally" and did the apple cider vinegar thing. She knows a lot so you might want to check with her if you want to try it.Good luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Chermarie

Originally Posted by Red Just ordered mega $$ worth of stuff from Day Break Lavender Farms. On list of ingredients, emu oil is noted. At this point, my old face needs so much help I would use it if it had gun powder, just so it works!
Thanks for the info/heads-up on the ingredients. Much appreciated.

If I were a brave soul, I would take before and after photos to share. I will contemplate this! At least I will do the after, if it works!!

icon_smile.gif
That is COOL! I checked out the site and they had some REALLY nice stuff that looked like it would be REALLY good for your skin and body. They looked like a company that was very careful and you could depend on to have good quality products. I hope the products work well for you. Let us know what you think of them and all the details! The emu oil should help and I read from another member that she uses theri stuff and it did wonders for her skin. I'm sure they have good ingredients that you dont' have to worry about. There are a lot of natural things that are used as preservatives, like Vit C. and other things that can used to prevent bacteria that are not synthetic chemicals. Just watch for allergies like you would any other product, if your skin is already in a sensitive state. I hope it improves and you love it!:icon_love Chermarie

Back