IMATS LA 2012: Bdellium Tools

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

As I was walking around on Friday at IMATS I saw many companies selling their cosmetic brushes but what caught my eye and made me pause to molest the brushes were these beautiful green brushes from Bedllium Tools. I haven't brought my cameras down yet to transfer files to post so here's one of their official photos. Annelle's photographer took some pictures of their brushes for me so I hope to get those soon. The Green and Yellow Bambu brushes are among their newer products. I absolutely LOVE these brushes and am kicking myself for not picking these up while there. Next month at Cosmoprof I'll get more information on each brush.

Green Bambu also comes in Yellow Bambu and the only difference between the two is the price. If you like one color more than the other it's $10 more. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just kidding, it's an inside joke between Daniel, Edward and myself, sorry. lol

These brushes are so soft, I'm not kidding, every time I passed their booth I had to stop and molest these brushes and I'm so not joking about that. So while I don't have pictures from IMATS yet here are the official photos of the kabuki brushes. The brushes are sold individually and sold in sets. I'll have more information later up in the product review section and here in the forums.

(fixed broken images)

I didn't get much info from these guys, but I had to wipe off some drool that Zadidoll left behind before getting these photos, lol.  She and Irene interviewed the bdellium team.  They have a new green and yellow dyed line, that has the quality of their other lines.  I'll let them add more info on this thread!

Photography Sal W Hanna

Drool is an understatement. If I could get a bedspread and sheets made out of the fibers used in those brushes I'd be a very happy woman.

The handles of the brushes are made from sustainable bamboo while the bristles are all vegan soft and 100% cruelty free. As I mentioned above the only difference between the Geen Bambu and Yellow Bambu is the color - one is green and one is yellow - other than that the two types are completely identical.

Each of the 15 piece set comes with a pouch (not pictured). IMATS price was $65 while the normal retail price is $108.90 but on their website it's sold for $89.10. Basically it's a savings of $23.90 at IMATS.

The 15-piece set contains the following brushes:

1. #980 Powder
  2. #964 AP Blusher
  3. #955 Duet Fiber Finishing
  4. #949 Pointed Foundation
  5. #947 Small Foundation
  6. #936 Concealer
  7. #785 Tapered Blending
  8. #780 Pencil
  9. #775 Duet Fiber Shader
  10. #772 Small Shader
  11. #740 Sponge Applicator
  12. #733 Lash
  13. #762 Small Angle
  14. #710 Eyeliner
  15. #542 Bold Lip.

Also available are three other sets:

Foundation 4pc. Brush Set 

1. #957 Precision Kabuki
  2. #955 Finishing
  3. #953 Duet Fiber Foundation
  4. #948 Foundation

Retails: $38.70

Mineral 5pc. Brush Set

1. #959 Powder Blending
  2. #942 Slanted Contour
  3. #934 Precision Concealer
  4. #787 Duet Fiber Large Tapered Blending
  5. #778 Large Shadow

Retails: $36

Smoky Eyes 5pc. Brush Set

1. #781 Crease
  2. #777 Shadow
  3. #769 Angled Contour
  4. #760 Liner/Brow
  5. #716 Smoky Eyeliner

Retails: $24.30

Photography Sal W Hanna​

Those green brushes are GORGEOUS. I think I might need to invest in the set. I've needed a good set for a long time, and the price point is just right on these. 

I think you would be very happy with those brushes. I'm absolutely not kidding how I couldn't help but touch those brushes each time I went by their booth. They are also known for their anti-microbial ones and these are not but if it's for personal use then it's not so much as a factor.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you would be very happy with those brushes. I'm absolutely not kidding how I couldn't help but touch those brushes each time I went by their booth. They are also known for their anti-microbial ones and these are not but if it's for personal use then it's not so much as a factor.
Awesome! I think I'm going to go with the 15 pc. set. Thanks for posting--this was a brand I wasn't all that familiar with. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so happy there was a review! I've been curious about the brand and am eyeballing a new set. I'm slowly upgrading to better brushes and more of them. The 15th pc set would be great for me and the price seems pretty reasonable!

Really good... least the ones I have are. I also have some brushes from other companies at IMATS and of course random brands that I bought over the years. I think the bdellium ones will be the ones I'll be using from now on.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really good... least the ones I have are. I also have some brushes from other companies at IMATS and of course random brands that I bought over the years. I think the bdellium ones will be the ones I'll be using from now on.
Ok, I have to ask: Compared to the softness/quality of the ones Neill is putting out?

Softer than Ve's but keep in mind Ve's was made by her with Crown Brush for use on a movie set where the brushes need to work harder than bdellium's seem to be more for the pros who work in the print/runway field where the makeup typically used in that field is different.

Thanks for this report! I have never heard these brushes before but I found them on sale here: 

http://www.iherb.com/bdellium-tools-professional-antibacterial-make-up-brush and now I'm interested to try them. 
icon_razz.gif

And with code IKA481 you'll get $10 off your first order or $5 off if it's less. 

Latest posts

Back