IMATS LA: Anything you want information on?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are there any booths you guys want us to check out?  I'll try to check this thread before I go tomorrow, and if I get responses before Zadi leaves, I'll try to get a message out to her to interview a few booths today.  Let us know!

adesign brushes

Adobe Systems Incorporated
  AIRTEX Co. Ltd.
  Alcone
  Ardell
  Bdellium Tools
  Beauty Army
  Beauty Treats
  BeautySoClean
  Belloccio Cosmetics
  Ben Nye
  Benefit Cosmetics
  BH Cosmetics
  Bobbi Brown @ Naimie's
  BodyFX
  Burman Industries
  Cailyn Cosmetics
  CAMMUA Makeup Academy
  Cases for Visual Arts
  Cici Fashion Brush
  Cinema Makeup School
  Cinema Secrets
  Coastal Scents
  Cover FX @ Naimie's
  Crown Brush
  Crystal Works
  Designer Makeup Tools
  Dinair Airbrush Makeup
  Downey Makeup Academy
  EI School of Professional Makeup
  EIementwo
  Embryolisse USA
  European Body Art
  Eve Pearl
  Eye Kandy Cosmetics
  Frends Beauty Supply
  Gleam by Melanie Mills
  Glimmer Body Art
  Gorgeous Cosmetics
  Graftobian Make-up Company
  GrandeLASH-MD
  Grex Airbrush
  Hairart
  Hakuhodo USA
  Hollywood FX Company
  Inglot
  International Apparel Designz
  Iwata-Medea
  Japonesque @ Naimie's
  Jeune d’âge organics
  Joe Blasco Make-Up Artist Training Centers
  Ka'oir
  Kett Cosmetics
  KollagenX
  Kryolan Professional Make-up
  LA Splash Cosmetics
  Lady Moss
  Laura Mercier @ Naimie's
  Lime Crime
  Lisa Watier @ Naimie's
  Lit Cosmetics
  M•A•C Pro
  Make Up For Ever
  Make Up For Ever Academy
  Make-Up Artist magazine
  Make-up Designory
  Marinello Schools of Beauty
  Mehron Inc.
  MEL Makeup and Effects
  Michael Davy
  Michael Marcus Cosmetics
  Miss Adoro Eyelashes
  Model in a Bottle
  Morphé Makeup Brushes
  MUATV
  Muse Beauty / Kett Cosmetics
  Naimie's Beauty Center
  Naked Cosmetics
  Nigel Beauty Emporium
  Norcostco Pro MUA
  Nurturing Force
  NYX Cosmetics
  Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
  onDgo Cosmetic cases @ Naimie's
  OneDollarEyelashes.com
  Paasche Airbrush Co.
  Pacific Instruments, Inc.
  Parian Spirit
  Poise Makeup
  Pro Beauty Tools
  Purely Cosmetics
  Pursebuzz / Elessa Jade
  Reel Creations @ Naimie's
  Reynolds Advanced Materials / Smooth-On
  Royal & Langnickel Brush Mfg.
  Rubber Wear by Sticks and Stones
  Ruby Makeup Academy
  SauceBox Cosmetics
  Senna Cosmetics
  Shany Cosmetics
  Sigma Beauty
  Simply Perfect Cosmetics
  Smashbox @ Naimie's
  South Seas Skin Care
  Stan Winston School of Character Arts
  Stila Cosmetics
  Stiletto PinUp Cosmetics
  Sugarpill Cosmetics
  Temptu Pro
  Toby Sells FX Arts
  Too Faced Cosmetics @ Naimie's
  Two Cosmetics
  Unii Cosmetics
  Urban Decay
  V.X.S./Tech Works Studios School of FX & Animatronics
  Vancouver Film School
  Vanitymark Ultra-Brow by Brett Freedman
  Velour Lashes
  Violent Lips
  Viseart Paris
  Wolfe Face Art & FX
  Yaby Cosmetics
  Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics
  Z-Palette
  Züca, Inc.

Has anyone covered Smashbox, Ben Nye, Graftobian, Mehron or Inglot? I'm really curious about those ones..please and thank you! You ladies are wonderful to ask and lucky to go..I'm so jelly!

I would like info on both Urban Decay and Sugarpill Cosmetics!! Specifically the palest shade in the Urban Decay Naked foundation line and The IMATS exclusive Sugarpill eyeshadow 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like info on both Urban Decay and Sugarpill Cosmetics!! Specifically the palest shade in the Urban Decay Naked foundation line and The IMATS exclusive Sugarpill eyeshadow 
smile.gif
Have you found a foundation pale enough for you? It's always a pain to match up, even for me because i have such odd undertones lol.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you found a foundation pale enough for you? It's always a pain to match up, even for me because i have such odd undertones lol.
No not yet lol. I've purchased a few white color correctors to add to my existing foundations, but they all are either way too thick or like water and kind of ruin the integrity of my actual foundation. Hoping one day someone pulls though for us pale girls and makes a regular product suitable for our coloring haha

Sugarpill I'm going to try to get near the end of the day tomorrow, because their line was crazzzay long.  I know Zadi bought some of the LE color though lol

I'll try to save an arm and swatch the fairest foundations I can find on it.  None of them will match me, and my arm is tanner than my face, but maybe swatch pics will help you guys out.  at least to compare with each other?  Is there a type of formula that you've found to be easier to find for your skintone? (liquid, powder, cream, airbrush, etc)

Oh I'm not worried about swatches..I'm a light almost medium and just try to use color correctors as a base, then a bb cream for summer. Fairest of all would benefit more from swatches than me. It's just my undertones that tripped me up for the longest time. That's why I asked about Mehron and Graftobian, because I just ordered some of their products for the first time and am excited to see what else they had. Got a small discount, thanks to IMATS weekend.

Thank you for offering to do that! I usually prefer liquid formulas, but am always open to trying new things. The lightest color most companies seem to produce are for around NC 20 skin tones (Mac, MUFE, Lancome, etc), but I'm about an N05-N10. My skin tone doesn't really lean pink or yellow, if anything it's closer to pale gray or slightly blue-ish. Foundations with the slightest bit of color one way or the other either make me look like an oompa loompa or sunburned haha. 

To give you a good example this is what my skin looks like normally, compared to the last time I paid Mac a visit and they put NC20 makeup on me 
blink.gif

I have on my Twitter and FB the pic of new LE from Sugarpill. There was approximately 400 (give or take) brought to IMATS. I'm harassing Amy to make it part of her permanent line. We had "dinner" at the social put on by a different forum so I was able to spend time with her in a relaxed setting. I do have a Sugarpill scoop about the palettes - specifically the giant one I've been harassing her for two years to release - though which I'll post about tomorrow as I'm ready to get into bed and sleep.

Found a pic posted online of the Urban Decay naked foundation. Unfortunately they all look dark and yellow based just like all their previous face products 
wtf.gif

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for offering to do that! I usually prefer liquid formulas, but am always open to trying new things. The lightest color most companies seem to produce are for around NC 20 skin tones (Mac, MUFE, Lancome, etc), but I'm about an N05-N10. My skin tone doesn't really lean pink or yellow, if anything it's closer to pale gray or slightly blue-ish. Foundations with the slightest bit of color one way or the other either make me look like an oompa loompa or sunburned haha. 

To give you a good example this is what my skin looks like normally, compared to the last time I paid Mac a visit and they put NC20 makeup on me 
blink.gif

O wow..you are super duper fairy tale fair lol..yep, the mac people made you look really pinkish red. Your skin tone is beautiful! In the winter I'm super porcelain, with a little pink and yellow..still not as fair  as you! Yep, definitely fairest of all lol

yeah I only got to swatch one foundation (Mehron's Celebre HD) which looked super light, but I have samples of Urban Decay, simply perfect, and OCC's lightest colors that I got so I could swatch when it was a bit calmer.  (A few brands really didn't get light enough so I didn't really bother with them.)

The Mehron pamphlet has a very fair skinned girl on the cover, and these were the two lightest colors on my skin (kept the pamphlet and my white dress in the background for comparison.

O wow..you are super duper fairy tale fair lol..yep, the mac people made you look really pinkish red. Your skin tone is beautiful! In the winter I'm super porcelain, with a little pink and yellow..still not as fair  as you! Yep, definitely fairest of all lol
Aww thank you!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know quite a few people who's coloring changes with the seasons. It has to be more of a pain to color match throughout the year though haha
yeah I only got to swatch one foundation (Mehron's Celebre HD) which looked super light, but I have samples of Urban Decay, simply perfect, and OCC's lightest colors that I got so I could swatch when it was a bit calmer.  (A few brands really didn't get light enough so I didn't really bother with them.) The Mehron pamphlet has a very fair skinned girl on the cover, and these were the two lightest colors on my skin (kept the pamphlet and my white dress in the background for comparison.
Thank you SO SO much for taking the time to do that! I have never heard of Mehron's Celebre HD before but wow, it looks really promising! It's super light without strong pink or yellow undertones. I will definitely be looking them up. Can't wait to ee the other swatches as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

[SIZE=medium]This post made my day! I too am pale as snow, and it is impossible for me to find anything that matches up. So thank you so much for those swatches. I have wanted to see that brand in person for some time now. I’ll post a photo of myself to show you my skin tones as well. Also, did you see the Coastal Scents 252 Palette; is it as vibrant as shown online in person? Many thanks. PS. Excuse the beer, but that's the best natural lighting shot I came across off hand.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

Originally Posted by lushiieaciid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[SIZE=medium]This post made my day! I too am pale as snow, and it is impossible for me to find anything that matches up. So thank you so much for those swatches. I have wanted to see that brand in person for some time now. I’ll post a photo of myself to show you my skin tones as well. Also, did you see the Coastal Scents 252 Palette; is it as vibrant as shown online in person? Many thanks. PS. Excuse the beer, but that's the best natural lighting shot I came across off hand.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
You're another Snow White! I emailed David from OCC for opinions on foundations for you ladies from his line. Annelle actually has the 252 so she'll be able to give you more insight on that.

Latest posts

Back