IMATS LA Preview: Urban Decay

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Urban Decay is releasing their new Naked Skin HD Foundation on July 26th on their website, and it will be in regular stores (Ulta, Sephora, etc) starting July 29-August 1.  There are 18 "weightless, full coverage" shades for $38.  They wanted to continue in the Naked line with more products.

They are also introducing a new UD Pro program, which will give you 40% off the website, with the proper cosmetology credentials.  They're planning on doing more catering to pros like possibly coming out with a vault sized shadow case sometime in the future.

I asked about the current "drama" but I was told that they're not really allowed to talk about it, and are hoping that the live chat with Wende will help settle things down with everyone, and to really look forward to it for those who are concerned about their recent entry into China.

I seriously cannot wait to see the foundation shades. Hoping they have a porcelain color. Also excited about the pro program!!! 40% is a huge discount

Wow!  I wonder if they are coming out with any new palettes.... there were rumors about another Naked palette. Fingers crossed!

I didn't get a chance to grab the pics from my photographer before we split ways today and I won't see him again until Sunday, so I'll have more pictures up after Sunday night, sorry for the lack of photos!  We had some technical issues, then some traffic issues, so we didn't end up getting there until around 4pm, so I had to zip through what I could in 2 hours.

I'll try to see if I can take a cell photo of the line tomorrow, but I'll try to make sure he gets a good photo of it on Sunday.

They'll be actually in stores like Sephora and Ulta (they said a 3rd store, but I can't remember what it was, Nordstrom maybe?) in 1 week, so you'll be able to test then out in person if you can't make it to IMATS though.

I didn't hear anything about a new palette, they said their newest things were the foundation and Pro card and that was it, so I can't say anything about that!

Here's the scoop I got a few months ago from one of their reps. The next palette will be release late this fall in time for the Holiday 2012 season.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seriously cannot wait to see the foundation shades. Hoping they have a porcelain color. Also excited about the pro program!!! 40% is a huge discount
Me too! UD does seem like it does have more shades on the fair end of the line, but we'll see! 

Found a picture online of the new Urban Decay naked foundation. Unfortunately they all look dark and yellow based just like all their previous face products 
wtf.gif

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found a picture online of the new Urban Decay naked foundation. Unfortunately they all look dark and yellow based just like all their previous face products 
wtf.gif

Nooooooo! Whhhhy UD, whhhhhhhhhy?! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the scoop I got a few months ago from one of their reps. The next palette will be release late this fall in time for the Holiday 2012 season.
giving my bf a heads up on this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />! thanks haha

Hello!!! Do you think the foundation will be like the cream to powder??? I love that foundation and I hope they don't discontinue it. What is the special technology embedded in the new foundation?

Thanks!!

I've never tried their cream to powder foundation, but I wore the Naked foundation sample that I got all day yesterday, and I actually do like it.  It blended into my skin nicely and stayed on all day.  The only part that I could notice was throughout the day I could tell that my face felt a little drier than normal (my skin is usually normal-to-dry).

I'm not sure what you mean by new technology?

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by new technology?
Some of the makeup blogs have referred to "technology that mimics a second skin" as being a part of this line.

(Which to me just says "Elmer's glue")

FYI to update the swatches on my arm last night...when I rinsed my arm off with water, the UD Naked remained on my skin.  Even with some rubbing. It took soap (and a gentle rub) before it washed off completely.

I actually put on a sweater for the evening and had a sleeve covering my arm for a good 4+ hours?  although the UD had faded more than the Simply Perfect foundation, the UD definitely stayed on my skin with water and rubbing.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never tried their cream to powder foundation, but I wore the Naked foundation sample that I got all day yesterday, and I actually do like it.  It blended into my skin nicely and stayed on all day.  The only part that I could notice was throughout the day I could tell that my face felt a little drier than normal (my skin is usually normal-to-dry).

I'm not sure what you mean by new technology
I have very oily skin so this might be well suited for me then.  What's the coverage like?

The Surreal Foundation by UD works great on Oil Skin!! Its costly for the compact but it does wonders for my skin...I hope the new foundation works well with Oily skin too...and it doesnt cause breakouts, that is a major plus!!!  Is the size worth the amount they are charging?? I wonder if it has any spf in it, the Surreal doesnt.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back