In Desperate Need of Help!!!!!!!!(ADVICEEEEEEEEE))

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
frown.gif
plzzz galss..help me out!!

seriously i m scared
scared.gif

i need your opinion and advice!! (as many as you cna give
biggrin.gif
)

tips also!!

oki..here goes..it wud be a lengthy post so thanx in advance for readin it!!

i am originally from an asian country. I have a very fair skin and i think its quite perfect widjust little blemishes :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but thts ok....normal skin....perfect eyez(not too small not too big, i think its called almond shaped eyez..not sure..)..long light brown hair..round face(i hate this part only :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

anywz/now to the point!!

i just got married and coz of culture, like first 1 month of the weddin is like nitemare really
tongue.gif
you have to go to parties everyday, to meet relatives and stuff n ppl might come to your house also..

so i really do need to wear makeup!!and then i wud be going away for my honeymoon so i wud be talking some stuff with me!

b4 marriage..i use to put eyeliner/khol only..mayb sometimes lip gloss but never any lipstick..i wasnt big fan of makeup..i ha never ever in my life used a base...( i m too fair so i never thot i needed to use) but i guess i need it now...i hve a natural pink color on my cheeks so never thot of wearing blush n belve it or not i didnt hve 1 also!

i had khol n eye shadows..n i think i can put eye shadow n MUT has been a great help!!..

now i had some stuff tht i bought for marraige..

but i am planning to buy MAC makeup now..all..from base to whtever any1 needs!!

but i am totally ignorant when it comes to makeup..

i know about eye shadows..

but i cant seem to decide what colors wud usually come in handy!!

i cant buy all the stuff together

but i am planning to buy like 15-20 shades of eye shadow.. 10-12 lipsticks and other stuff!!(which i dunno wht actually is)

Plzzzzzz..help me..

tell me what i need to get!! what should i buy..what exactly do i need to do a complete makeup..i use 2 things only.. khol pencil ,lipgloss ..but i cant carry on like this..so many parties and gathering are comin up..and i m a bride so ppl wud expect me to be dressed nicely and wid beautiful makeup..soooooooooooo plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gimme tips,advice ..anythinnnnnnnnnnnn

wht colors will be more useful!!

do i need to get diff eye pencils?

tell me from scratch!! plzzzzzz

pics wud help..

scared.gif

oh yaa forgot to mention..i hve light brown eye color :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thnx michal..

can any1 suggest if i can play around wid blue colors??? i kinda like em..but afraid to use

Congratulations!

I got lost on the part of why you need this stuff? Don't try to impress people with stuff you can't keep up for the next 30,40,50 years (My Mom's advice) If I could just get away with they eye stuff, I would. If anything maybe get a few multi-purpose colors (like browns, peach that can go from eyes to cheeks to lips)

Good Luck!

thnxx ally!

i dunt want actually to impress them!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i think i need it for myself also

i need to look good
biggrin.gif

what goes first..base or concealer?

I think I misuderstood. I thought you already use e/s. Still multi-purpose colors like above (bronzes, golds - if done very very lightly on the cheeks)

I just found a list of all the colors that *should* look good on anyone, I'll be back with it in a few.

I am not sure of the quality that makes anything in the pink red colors look bad on eyes...so I'd try to stay safe on that...

I am guessing you don't want to spend a lot of time applying/taking off and want a quick put together look. I saw a picture or tutorial somewhere about applying e/s to asian eyes, but do not know where.

For e/s...

Turquoise will look awesome on you, I am 99% sure.

Charcoal gray

Some do base first, some concealer....I use concealer first on stuff I know the base won't cover, then foundation, then concealer. It sounds like you may be able to use tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. It's lighter and a better place to start learning. I'm looking for the other e/s colors (or clothing colors) that should look good on everyone.

thank uu soo much!! really!!
smile.gif

i hve been goin thru the tutorial section an it has helped me alot!!

i knw how to put e/s but i needed more practice ..but now im gettin better!!

i can carry pink color
wink.gif
but it clashes wid my skin which is white and pinkish so i try to stay away!!

once i used red..(b4 marriage) i think it came out pretty neat!! bt 2nd time it was horrible :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so i didnt try it again!!

whts the diff b/w Blushes and Bronzers and e/s & pigments

Originally Posted by masad /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh yaa forgot to mention..i hve light brown eye color :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thnx michal..

can any1 suggest if i can play around wid blue colors??? i kinda like em..but afraid to use

sometimes when you add a lil eyeliner on the shadow its really look diffrent

sometimes i like to use the shadowes as an eyeliners

cus blue relly look strong on me

you can put on it some glitters and it will look really nice too

Red is tricky for clothes and cheek color... If you cannot carry a yellowish red, you may be able to carry a bluish red. In my profile there *should* be a chart. I haven't tried it but I really don't think everyone can carry those colors, like the website said.

I don't know what website I took that from as I was just keeping it for personal use. If someone wants to put it as an attachment, it may be helpful to others. I'll have to delete it eventually.

thnx for the tips michal!! i'll try that!!

ally..i have saved the chart.. thnku soo much!!

i really appreciate it!

the thing is that i have never used stuff really..though i use to watch videos/tutorials ..but never tried it on..

n now when i need to..i m scared that i wud look like some1 has been torturing me :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as eyeshadows, I think you can get whatever colors you want!
smile.gif

You mentioned that you don't like your round face. You might want to purchase a bronzer and practice contouring so your face doesn't look as round if that's what you would like.
smile.gif

Also, you mentioned that you have good skin and are not used to wearing foundations. If you're going to buy a MAC foundation, I would recommend their "Face and Body" foundation since it is not as thick as some of the others.
smile.gif

whts a bronzer?i only heard it here..

on my engagement the beautician did contouring and my face looked amazingly thin :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but i thot she used blush?

oki..i will get that..

which color wud go wid very fair skin?!

do they have different colors!!

ahh..thank uu soo much for helpin me out

i really do need names of the products as i dunno nuthin!

i'll make a note of this..

i m going to buy stuff on coming weekend!!

i read in a tutorial that they have a smokey range of eye shadows? what is it called?!

Congrats on your upcoming Wedding!!I do think every gal should have a few basics in her arsenal. Here's what I suggest...

1. A tinted moisturizer and concealer that match your skin exactly.

2. A dark brown eyeliner

3. Yellow based Bronzer

4. Rosey Blush

5. A highlighter for the browbone and cheeks

6. Great mascara

7. Sheer gloss

8. A palette of nude shadows...ie beige, tan and dark brown

9. A palette of fun shadows...black, purple, blue...whatever you like.

At MAC you can create your own shadow palettes. Good LUCK!!

thnx Amenda!!

i actually thot of sending u and MAC GODESS a pm to help me out here
biggrin.gif

everyone is soo amazing here!!i have seen ur tutorials and photoshoot pics!i wish i cud do 10% of wht u ppl do!!bt i guess i need practice !

thanx again!!

i will keep this list with me and when i go to MAC store..i will get what all of you have suggested!.

thanx a billion!!

still awaiting tips!!

my round face..how do i conture it?

thanks StereoXGirl
smile.gif

i will look through them. I have been searching manually..

Latest posts

Back