In Dire need of help..!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doe

Reaction score
Hey.

I'm completely hopeless,I absolutley wouldnt know how to describe my skintone let alone pick a foundation tone or anything like that
icon_redface.gif

Thats where you guys come in,if you could assist me in telling me what are my colours.Even in simple things like lipgloss..

Oh and one thing i'm VERY curious about is would a colour like Prr ((lipglass)) look good on me,because some people said that for more medium tones it would look horrible because of the frostiness.
icon_confused.gif

Here are some pics of me to help you guys:

DSC03222.jpg

mee.jpg

DSC03185.jpg

moi.jpg

DSC03186.jpg

I know some of the pics have WAAAY different lighting but i put in a few pics so that it would be easier to really know my skin tone..

Thanks for any help in advance
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi
smile.gif

I think your best bet is to go to MAC or another good company and get them to help you match your foundation. With pictures it's pretty impossible to recommend a perfect match. You need to see what it will look like in Real life and in the natural daylight. If you go to your local MAC, they will be happy to help you find an exact match. Or, for 50 bucks(I think) you can book a private consultation and they will go over everything, eyes, blush, lipstick, foundation and they also give you a mascara. That's a pretty good deal considering they give you tips, advice on colors and a free mascara.

As far as PRRR lipglass, I think there would be no problem with you wearing that color. A light application of that color would look so cute on you! The lipglass's are pretty sheer enough that most people could get away with most of the colors. (not always, but usually)

By the way, you're so pretty! I would love to do your makeup!
wink.gif

I agree with gamaki!Choose the brand you like and go to your local counter,they will help you to buy the right colors of foundation,blush,eyeshadows and lipglosses!I have Prrr lipglass and I like the pink color but I hate the shimmers,on my lips it looks so frosty!I prefer glosses with no shimmer in it,like Stila's Lip Glaze! I see that you have dark skintone and I think lipglosses with more color would be better for you,with more red or plum!

Originally Posted by gamaki Hi
smile.gif

I think your best bet is to go to MAC or another good company and get them to help you match your foundation. With pictures it's pretty impossible to recommend a perfect match. You need to see what it will look like in Real life and in the natural daylight. If you go to your local MAC, they will be happy to help you find an exact match. Or, for 50 bucks(I think) you can book a private consultation and they will go over everything, eyes, blush, lipstick, foundation and they also give you a mascara. That's a pretty good deal considering they give you tips, advice on colors and a free mascara.

As far as PRRR lipglass, I think there would be no problem with you wearing that color. A light application of that color would look so cute on you! The lipglass's are pretty sheer enough that most people could get away with most of the colors. (not always, but usually)

By the way, you're so pretty! I would love to do your makeup!
wink.gif

Thank-you
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia I agree with gamaki!Choose the brand you like and go to your local counter,they will help you to buy the right colors of foundation,blush,eyeshadows and lipglosses!I have Prrr lipglass and I like the pink color but I hate the shimmers,on my lips it looks so frosty!I prefer glosses with no shimmer in it,like Stila's Lip Glaze! I see that you have dark skintone and I think lipglosses with more color would be better for you,with more red or plum! Lol.I will definatly try to find some make up counter and get a consaltaion but i swear the people at the counters are idiots..lol..because the woman sold my mum this whole set of pale porcelain foundation,concealor when my mum has skin just a bit lighter than me
icon_neutral.gif
and just the other day the woman at the counter was trying to convince me that there is no such mascara called L'Oreal Volumnious
icon_frown.gif
...i was just like"ok,whatever"
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha as a general guide tho, with your dark hair & eyes and olive skin, you'll be able to rock any colour! x awesome.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha forgot to say before, but i love your avatar pic! x Thank-you..always got to show my BSB pride..lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

If you are hopeless, then I should just stay in bed every day. You've got beautiful skin and coloring. You don't seem to have any skin problems so I would just go to a local department store and choose a line that fits your budget. As long as YOU like the products that are recommended, that's what you should wear. Makeup is meant to enhance your appearance and make you feel prettier and more self-confident so with that said, regardless of whatever trends are in the magazines these days, use the products that suit your skin type and that you're comfortable with. The biggest issue I have with cosmetic counters is they try to oversell you. If you're not comfortable with it, DON'T BUY IT. And lastly, BEFORE you commit to an actual purchase, ask the about their return policy. A lot of times I'll purchase a product that looks great and feels great in the store but in "the real world" it doesn't meet my expectations. I always return or exchange what doesn't work and in most cases, the store is happy to oblige. Don't end up with drawers and boxes full of products that you cannot wear just because someone at a cosmetic counter convinced you to purchase it. Good luck and please post a photo and let us see the end result.

Latest posts

Back