In need of new mac color advice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am an african american female and I have a few eyeshadows:humid,contrast,trax, amberlights and bronze.

I have no problem on deciding what lip color to wear w/amber and bronze. BUT I have no idea how to wear greens, blue w/o looking like I have too much makeup on dont want to look this a drag queen. What lipglass or lustreglass should I wear with these colors
icon_neutral.gif
Also do u think that african americans can wear green/blue

Originally Posted by barbi53657 I am an african american female and I have a few eyeshadows:humid,contrast,trax, amberlights and bronze.I have no problem on deciding what lip color to wear w/amber and bronze. BUT I have no idea how to wear greens, blue w/o looking like I have too much makeup on dont want to look this a drag queen. What lipglass or lustreglass should I wear with these colors
icon_neutral.gif

Hi there, I am in the same boat as you. I do not like blues on me, the only green I have liked so far is Swimming. Do you have a neutral ipstick or gloss you like? I wear Molassie as my all time favorite neytral lipstick that goes with anything. I love Amberlights. I am swapping Trax as I did not like it it barely shows up on me. If you do a dramatic eye keep lips simple.

When wearing a bright shadow like a green or blue, I try and balance it with a nude/light pink gloss/lipstick. It helps to balance out the brightness of my eyemakeup.

Thank you for your replies. The lippies i have are OH BABY, Sinnamon, nymphyette, cultered,spring bean, popmode(I hate it though) and pink clash. Which is another lipglass or lustre glass that u would recommend for African americans
icon_rolleyes.gif

i have a similar problem with mac shadows. they look one shade in the pot, but when you put them on the colors are slightly different. blues and greens aren't for everyone, african american or not. i look best in pinks and purples, and coppers and golds. the idea, i think, is to wear what looks good on you! you might want to try black opal eye shadows. the colors are just as stricking a mac colors, but they do tend to show up better on darker skin tones.

the ladies are right - if you go for the dramatic eye, a neutral lip is the way to go. i always start with a lip pencil in a plum or copper shade and shade in the entire lip. then follow with victoria's secret pure reflection lipstick in champagne. follow that with a thin layer of victoria's secrect mirror mirror lip gloss in pink slip.

TRY THIS:

GREEN LOOK:

RICEPAPER (SOFT GOLDEN BEIGE)

HIGHTLIGHT

JUXT ( SOFT GOLDEN GREEN)

INNER CORNER EYE LIDS

MEADOW ( MURKY GREEN, SHADED BY BLUE)

OUTER CORNER EYELIDS TO BRIGHTEN EYE

CLUB ( MUTED REDDISH BROWN DUOCHROME WITH GREEN OPALESSCENT)

CREASE

TARNISH EYE KHOL (BLACK FOREST GREEN)

TOP LASH LINE

HANDFORGED (GOLD)

LOWER LASH LINE

ALL BLACK MASCARA

UPPER AND LOWER LASHES

RAZIZIN BLUSH ( GOLDEN REDDISH BROWN)

APPLES OF CHEEKS

BBQ LIP LINER ( BBQ MAHOGANY)LINE LIPS

OH BABY LIPGLASS ( GOLDEN BRONZE WITH GLITTER)

FILL IN LIPS
Originally Posted by barbi53657 I am an african american female and I have a few eyeshadows:humid,contrast,trax, amberlights and bronze.I have no problem on deciding what lip color to wear w/amber and bronze. BUT I have no idea how to wear greens, blue w/o looking like I have too much makeup on dont want to look this a drag queen. What lipglass or lustreglass should I wear with these colors
icon_neutral.gif

My favorite blue/green e/s for dark skin tones are:

MAC "Shimmermoss," "Humid," "Tilt," and "Peacock" (although I do believe that Peacock was limited edition).

Also, try MAC shadesticks, they show up true-to color even on the darkest skin. I suggest "Sea Me" (an aqua-blue color), "Lucky Jade" (shimmery green), or (my favorite) "Penny" (Pink-copper). Par down the look with a neutral lip.

If you still feel that wearing bright eyeshadow makes you look like a drag queen, try lining your top lashline with a vibrant eye kohl like "Minted," "Out to Sea," or "Light as Air" (All three are MAC deep shimmery green, deep blue, and pale shimmery blue, respectively).

Good Luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back