In search of primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm looking for an eyeshadow primer and an all-over face primer.

I need something that will control my oily T-zone and won't dry out the normal parts of my face. For my eyeshadow primer, I need something that will make my eyeshadow "stick", stay on all day and prevents my eyeshadow from creasing.

Any recommendations?

Urban decay primer potion for the eyes - I have uber oily lids and my shadows last all day and into the night with this. Sometimes Ive gone to bed after a big night out without taking my makeup off and have got up in the morning and my shadow was still looking good.

For a face primer I just use my moisturizer and then use Face to face super matte on my t-zone

HTH

I used to have Smashbox PhotoFinish primer (I sadly ran out and haven't had the chance to go purchase a new one *sniff*) and it worked well on my combination skin. It glides on smoothly and diminishes any pores or fine lines you may have!

As far as eye primer I'd say UDPP (like everyone else will suggest haha) but if you don't have access to Urban Decay, then MAC paints are great as a base.

Good luck!

Blue_eyes, if you have access to the Bourjois line, their "Coup de Theatre" mascara is absolutely amazing. It's double ended, one being the fiber rich primer side and the other being the mascara. Honestly, after one coat of each it looks like you have falsies on! I was sooooo impressed.

You're welcome, I hope it's what you were looking for!
smile.gif

I have Laura Geller spackle- the face primer is nice, as it gives a bit of "glow" to the skin, as well as being a nice primer. Her Eye Spackle, though, is outstanding. It is the only primer I've ever had that doesn't look dry & highlight my eyelid hairs (weird, I know) or crease. I haven't tried Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I know a lot of people on here love it.

Originally Posted by tonkabeane /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I'm looking for an eyeshadow primer and an all-over face primer.
I need something that will control my oily T-zone and won't dry out the normal parts of my face. For my eyeshadow primer, I need something that will make my eyeshadow "stick", stay on all day and prevents my eyeshadow from creasing.

Any recommendations?

Hi,
I also have oily eyelids. I found that L'Oreal's "De-Crease" ($7.99) works very well. Also, Urban Decay's "Primer Potion" ($14.99) is a huge favorite on MUT.

Hope this helps.
icon7.gif

i have the biotherm primer, it's great it really evens out skin tone because it comes in a colour to hide your flaws, such as green if you have red marks. I got purple which offsets yellow or sullen skin.

UDPP for the eyes and check out the stickied thread at the top about monistat anti chaffing gel as a primer.

I love Bare Escentuals Prime Time way more than the Smashbox primer, it's cheaper and lasts longer too. And I use it with my regular liquid foundation also. I know smashbox came out with a light primer for oilier skins. You could try that one!

Eyes: UDPP (Urban Decay Potion Primer)

Face: Laura Geller Under Makeup Spackle

Latest posts

Back