Indian Tea

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
no rose leaves powder in this one Emperical
wink.gif

i like to work with a good cup of tea, and i found this recipe by googling. i tried it and let me tell you it's damn good. you only need a few scones for a great afternoon break
wink.gif

you will need (for a small teapot)

1/2 L water

33cL milk

1 cardamom pod

1 clove

60g (or less if you want)powered sugar, white or brown

a teabag*

a dash of ginger

a dash of cinnamon

boil the water in a big saucepan. add the cardamom pod and the clove. at medium heat, add the milk. then add the sugar, the tea bag, and the spices. let it cook for 10 minutes, then put aside and wait for 10 minutes again. filter and put in a teapot. enjoy
smile.gif

*the original recipe mentioned a toffee flavoured teabag, but you can use any teabag you have. i used an apple&cinnamon flavoured black tea.

that sounds delicious! but when you say 'powdered sugar' do you mean icing sugar? I don't think I've heard of powdered sugar before.

btw, that sounds so wintery and cosy!

Powdered sugar is the ultra fine dusting sugar you see on so many sweets and other confections.

I love Indian Tea. I don't use this exact recipe, but I am totally a fan of the cardamom pods. Mmmmmm!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif that sounds delicious! but when you say 'powdered sugar' do you mean icing sugar? I don't think I've heard of powdered sugar before.
btw, that sounds so wintery and cosy!

the original recipe said powdered sugar, but in fact it's just your regular white or brown sugar, i didn't think of correcting the mistake when i posted the recipe.it is really wintery indeed ^^

Yum! I love tea of any kind and this sounds delicious!!!
smile.gif

Thanks for posting.

Stevie

Latest posts

Back