Indie Polish Lovers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am an indie polish addict, I hardly ever buy "mainstream" polish anymore.  My most recent purchases were Girly Bits Eggnogoholic, Candeo Joker, Candeo Snowbird, Darling Diva Destiny, Darling Diva Oh No She Didn't, Pretty & Polishes Space Camp, Smitten I Want It Now....whew!!  Wallet needs to take a rest for a while!

My absolute favorites are Whimsical Polish by Pam and D&R Apothecary (on Etsy).  I would buy every single polish Pam makes if I had the chance.  She is a really sweet lady as well!  The D&R polishes are beautiful and I just love the combinations she uses for glitters.  This is another one that I would buy every single one if I had a chance.  This is a D&R polish "Painted Desert" with Deborah Lippman Nude.  

;
I finally got my first Whimsical Ideas by Pam--'Seuss'. I found it on a blog sale (I've found most of my indies on blog sales; a little risky, but much more wallet-friendly). It's so beautiful in the bottle; I haven't tried it on yet. D&R Apothecary (aka Hit Polish) definitely makes awesome sauce glitter toppers. I almost bought 'Painted Desert', but opted for 'Patina' instead. I've got a few pics on my blog of Hit Polish (not the best photos, but you'll get the idea). I think I have more of Hit Polish than of any other single indie company.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my first Whimsical Ideas by Pam--'Seuss'. I found it on a blog sale (I've found most of my indies on blog sales; a little risky, but much more wallet-friendly). It's so beautiful in the bottle; I haven't tried it on yet. D&R Apothecary (aka Hit Polish) definitely makes awesome sauce glitter toppers. I almost bought 'Painted Desert', but opted for 'Patina' instead. I've got a few pics on my blog of Hit Polish (not the best photos, but you'll get the idea). I think I have more of Hit Polish than of any other single indie company.
I don't  know how you guys find these amazing blog sales lol

I don't  know how you guys find these amazing blog sales lol
It started out simply and escalated: I follow a lot of nail blogs and they usually have a blog sale page. Then, one day I vowed destruction upon my wallet by Googling "nail polish blog sale". Somewhere along the way I stumbled onto polishsale.livejournal.com. These are mostly polishes that they have just swatched once for their blog. Like I said, kind of risky, but it's been worthwhile for me. (I recommend insisting on a PayPal invoice instead of a "gift" option, even if you have to pay a tiny fee. That way you can pursue a refund if the seller is shady.) I've only had good experiences, but buy at your own risk, similar to trading.

Has anybody bought from polish addict?she's having a sale and I want some but not sure of quality. :-/
I haven't used this brand before, but I highly recommend searching "Polish Addict reviews" in your search engine. The nail blogging community is typically awesome about providing swatches and reviews of indies. I know the blog Crystal's Crazy Combos has quite a few posts about this brand.

It started out simply and escalated: I follow a lot of nail blogs and they usually have a blog sale page. Then, one day I vowed destruction upon my wallet by Googling "nail polish blog sale". Somewhere along the way I stumbled onto polishsale.livejournal.com.

These are mostly polishes that they have just swatched once for their blog. Like I said, kind of risky, but it's been worthwhile for me. (I recommend insisting on a PayPal invoice instead of a "gift" option, even if you have to pay a tiny fee. That way you can pursue a refund if the seller is shady.) I've only had good experiences, but buy at your own risk, similar to trading.
I shouldn't look up Nail polish blog sale then XD

I just got my first indie polish from a blog sale lol, and I'm definitely nervous about my poor wallet! I picked up Dollish Polish's Expecto Patronum, how cute! I think I'm going to have some serious issues with my adventures in indie polish land, good for me and the nails, bad for the wallet!

Yeah, if you already spent your money, it would be pretty much like a crack addict in rehab calling their dealer just to talk. We all know the end result.
smile.gif
yup I did XD got a new camera and stuffs :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hopefully will make my pictures look more decent XD  and lmao!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my first indie polish from a blog sale lol, and I'm definitely nervous about my poor wallet! I picked up Dollish Polish's Expecto Patronum, how cute! I think I'm going to have some serious issues with my adventures in indie polish land, good for me and the nails, bad for the wallet!
Indie polish land is a mostly happy place, sprinkled with a little guilt and glitter. Oh, dumb--I should have named my blog Guilt and Glitter! hahaha

Indie polish land is a mostly happy place, sprinkled with a little guilt and glitter. Oh, dumb--I should have named my blog Guilt and Glitter! hahaha
Ooo.. that's clever. Your blog name is still cool and kudos btw, I've been happily following!

Ooo.. that's clever. Your blog name is still cool and kudos btw, I've been happily following!
Aw, thanks--that made my day! I'm on a couple days hiatus trying to figure out my husband's camera that I've adopted. It took me an entire day to find a name that wasn't already taken. I'm happy with it; Guilt and Glitter just appealed to me in the moment (feel free to steal it if not already taken, if you like).

Back on topic, here are links to two lists (I'm not sure how much they double up) that get updated often of indie polish brands: 

http://www.xoxojen.com/p/indie-polish-shops.html

http://thingsiloveatthemoment.blogspot.com/p/indie-nail-polish-brands.html

She's a really nice lady. I haven't tried the polish yet, but I have two by her.
Always good to know. I love giving my business to nice people!! : )) 

She's a really nice lady. I haven't tried the polish yet, but I have two by her.
Update: I've tried both of my polishes by Colores de Carol. You can see my swatches and reviews on my blog. I'm so excited because the creator of the polishes commented  on both of my posts.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Officially kicking off early birthday celebrations by splurging! I went through Etsy and just ordered 7 mini bottles of polishes! Can't wait to get them!

Officially kicking off early birthday celebrations by splurging! I went through Etsy and just ordered 7 mini bottles of polishes! Can't wait to get them!
Yay! post swatches when you get them.

Back