Influenster

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No i'm not getting them because when i try to opt in it just says my account doesn't exist with that link. and my other account doesn't get emails for boxes. it makes no sense. at this point i'm just pissed that it took them a year to let me have one of the boxes...and that was 6 months after i had canceled my account. that inself is not a very fair way of doing things and choosing participants. it really seems they just choose people at random which defeats the purpose of being an "influenster"

With them changing "your score" to determine how "influential" you are it should be interesting to see how that affects who gets boxes.  I went on there and tried to do many badges but apparently there is a limit to how many you can do.  I went from a 39 to a 60 something and that is not being linked to any social media. The last box I got was the summer beauty one though and it seems like there have been 4 boxes since then.  I am not too upset since it is free.  I am happy to get any box that I am offered!

My score was only at 8 the other day, so I did some reviews/Q&As and unlocked more badges and my score went up to a 42 sometime between Friday and today. I did way more stuff today, but it seems like it doesn't move right away.

I'm hoping I'll actually qualify for a box this time though!

My score is 40, but I have never gotten a box. I have filled out a bunch of reviews lately but the score sits a 40
icon_evil.gif

There was a pre-qualification survey for the Fall beauty box on my dashboard page! But I didn't get an email telling it was there.....check your accounts!

PS - is said to fill out the survey before Wed.

You must be lucky!  I just logged into my account to check and nothing!  Good luck to you though!

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There was a pre-qualification survey for the Fall beauty box on my dashboard page! But I didn't get an email telling it was there.....check your accounts!

PS - is said to fill out the survey before Wed.

It appears under "Fun File" on your profile page.  The survey asked for YouTube Channel and Beauty Blog URL.

Product questions asked for brands of eye makeup, hair products, false eyelashes, moisturizers that you use.....

I'm going to try to think positive and maybe they are just rolling stuff out and it will get to me eventually!  haha.  I can't complain I have been lucky enough to receive the Love voxbox and Summer beauty voxbox!  I hope you qualify!  If so let us know what goodies you get!

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

awww... I really don't get how it works - my score is 59, and I don't have a beauty badge either. 

I just got the "Bride to Be" Vox Box - it's okay - there is a shampoo, conditioner, hair treatment, Rescue Gum (homeopathic "calming" gum), Dream Water (which was kinda fun lol), and a pair of Kiss lashes. I really wish I had the pre-qual survey for the Fall Beauty box - that sounds fun, too!

My score is only a 42 and I have the survey. I got an email about doing it late this afternoon (probably about 5pm). But my beauty queen score is actually a 65 and I have my (sad excuse for a) beauty blog linked to it. Maybe it has to do with the BQ and blog factor only?

I got the beauty blogger box email yesterday as well.  Will be interesting to see if I get a box.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the beauty blogger box email yesterday as well.  Will be interesting to see if I get a box.
I got the pre-qual email as well.

Speak of the devil. The day after I complained about getting emails for the canceled account they finally emailed my working account for this one. But still, it's been 5 months since created that account...and I haven't been on the site nor updated my blog in about 5 months. I really do think they pick people at random.

I know they had a summer box, a latina box, and a bridal box this year after I got the first box I've ever gotten from them earlier this year.

I just got emailed for the Beauty Blogger one, so I'm hoping I get in for it!

They said on Facebook that they need a couple of days to get the influencer scores updated which is why they haven't moved since Friday

Back