Info - some ingredients used in Skin care

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Info on a few ingredients used in Skin care..
Almond oil rich in essential fatty acids to moisturize dry skin. A sweet pleasant fragrance. A fine, rich moisturizing oil that does not leave the skin feeling greasy or tacky. Softens the skin and promotes a clear young looking complexion without clogging pores. Especially recommended for mature and aging skin.

Apricot kernel oil contains vitamins and minerals beneficial to the skin. A softening, emollient oil excellent for all skin types, especially for those with sensitive skin.

Avocado Oil is an ultra rich oil, a delightful treasure containing high amounts of Vitamin A, B1, B2, D, and E. Also contains amino acids, sterols, pantothenic acid, lecithin, and other essential fatty acids. Highly prized to those with skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, and other skin ailments. Avocado oil is a relatively thick and rich oil that may be diluted with other carrier oils to work its consistency. Highly recommended to those with sensitive skin, problem skin and other irritations that require vitamin rich oil.

Camellia oil has excellent skin restructuring and moisturizing virtues. This oil is great for use in emollient cremes for around the eyes, softening hand creams, restructuring creams for damaged skin, moisturizing creams for the face, neck or other dry skin, and most all products for normal and mature skin. Used as a skin tonic to prevent premature age related wrinkles and as a tonic for dry or damaged hair.

Cocoa butter moisturizes, softens and soothes the skin while providing a protective layer to hold moisture to the skin.

Coconut oil , a very rich emollient used to smooth and protect the skin in all seasons. Coconut oil will not only bring temporary relief to the skin, but it will aid in healing and repairing. It will have lasting benefits, unlike most lotions. It can help bring back a youthful appearance. The coconut oil will aid in removing the outer layer of dead skin cells, making the skin smoother. The skin will become more evenly textured with a healthy "shine". While doing this the coconut oil will penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and strengthen the underlying tissues.

Flax Seed oil is high in vitamin E and rich in essential fatty acids which directly take part in the regulation of skin permeability. It has skin restructuring and moisturizing properties and stimulates cellular regeneration.

Grapeseed oil a very light and non-greasy oil that contains essential fatty acids and vitamins and minerals. An excellent moisturizer for all skin types and is often used for dry or mature skins. Very beneficial for skin that is dehydrated and under nourished. It is said to help with regeneration of the skin and softening of the tissue. It has wonderful emollient properties, making it excellent for use in all massage blends, lotions, soaps and creams.

Hazelnut oil contains essential fatty acids including linoleic acid. It is one of the most unsaturated vegetable oils and is highly penetrative and fine textured. It has great moisturizing qualities which makes it a good choice to include when mixing a massage oil or preparing a carrier blend. Helps to tone and tighten the skin while strengthening capillaries and assisting in cell regeneration. Has good astringent qualities and is said to help maintain the skin's firmness and elasticity. Good for facial blends for oily or combination skin.

Hemp seed oil has been called nature’s perfect blend of essential fatty acids. An excellent emollient for dry skin that helps retain moisture and elasticity.

Jojoba oil contains proteins, minerals and compounds similar to natural collagen. Acts as a humectant and creates a protective film to hold moisture in.

Lavender has a balancing effect on your skin. Lavender reduces the excess oil in oily skin, and helps cell regeneration in aging skin. Lavender also kills the bacteria that causes acne and is a great for all skin types.

Macadamia nut oil one of the only plant oils that contains high amounts of palmitoleic acid, which is also normally found in the sebum of man, and therefore has great affinity to the skin. It is very emollient, and is beneficial for dry and aging skin where sebum production has reduced. It is readily absorbed and helps to soften the skin. Is said to help reduce fine lines when used in facial massage and is good to include in a base massage oil blend.

Neem oil is rich in fatty acids and glycerides and together with its healing properties, provides an excellent natural moisturizing base for skin care formulations. It is widely hailed as a natural insect repellent.

Palma Rosa has floral, rose and geranium like scent with a sweet honey undertone. Palma Rosa has been used since antiquity. It was transported on ships from Bombay to Constantinople. It is an antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral, moisturizing and an over-all excellent skin tonic. Valuable for all treatments of the skin by stimulating cell regeneration and acting as a moisturizer.

Palm stearic acid is a natural vegetable fatty acid derived from the palm tree. It gives softness and pearliness to cremes and lotions.

Peppermint (Mentha peperita) contains many medicinal properties. It is also aromatic, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial. It has an over-all cooling affect on the skin

Rosemary oleoresin extract is a powerful antioxidant and is an excellent defense for the typical symptoms of the aging process such as ages spot or hyperpigmentation, thickening, wrinkling, melanoma and other skin cancers are believed to be accelerated by the accumulation of peroxides in epidermal tissues, produced by environmental factors of heat and UV radiation from the sun, which is the primary cause of melanoma and sunburn. Rosemary is also antibacterial and antimicrobial. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
redface.gif
ffice
redface.gif
ffice" /><o
tongue.gif
></o
tongue.gif
>

Shea butter also known as Karite,has been used sparingly as an ingredient in expensive French moisturizers since the 1930's.This rich, unrefined butter and oil contain fatty acids, Vitamin K, and phytosterols, making each an excellent moisturizing soother for dry irritated skins. Vitamin K helps strengthen weak capillaries which can lead to the skin condition of Rosacea. Vitamin K also helps reduce dark circles around the eyes by increasing circulation to remove stagnant lymph, toxins and blood. Vegetable Emulsifying Wax is a safe, vegetable alternative to emulsification instead of dangerous chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate.

I have used coconut oil for hair but not for skin. I saw mine Grandma used them, but back then i didn't agree with her. Now when i read the article it's diving me to the solutions that my grandma used it for. Anyhow but i think coconut oil is smooth for your skin and scalp.

and neem oil ask me about it, it's help to prevent your acene. yes it's great help i found from neem oil. I actually made the oil from leaves.

Thank you great article...

Originally Posted by Diane
Coconut oil , a very rich emollient used to smooth and protect the skin in all seasons. Coconut oil will not only bring temporary relief to the skin, but it will aid in healing and repairing. It will have lasting benefits, unlike most lotions. It can help bring back a youthful appearance. The coconut oil will aid in removing the outer layer of dead skin cells, making the skin smoother. The skin will become more evenly textured with a healthy "shine". While doing this the coconut oil will penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and strengthen the underlying tissues.

Neem oil is rich in fatty acids and glycerides and together with its healing properties, provides an excellent natural moisturizing base for skin care formulations. It is widely hailed as a natural insect repellent.

Can you suggest a neem oil recipe? I bought neem oil yesterday for my eczema but I don't know how to use it.

Thanks for posting. There are a couple articles similar to this in this thread already if you do a search.
policeman.gif
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back