Interesting Article

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This article was excellent. I can't believe that nobody did anything about the men when they were walking up and down the isles of the plane and using the restrooms back to back several times. Something has to be done with the security of our airplanes and airports. The fact that the men weren't searched because of their race and it would have been considered racial profiling is unbeliviable. The authorities should have any right to search anyone or any group regardless of their race. If they see anything suspecious they need to have the right to act on it. I think we have gone too far in this country with our rules against discrimination with the expense of our security and it needs to be stopped immediately before we lose more lives to the terrorist.

Hi Reija, wasnt that scary!! I dont know if I would have been able to control myself if I were in that plane. Traveling is not what it useto be, its so much more stressful now, we have to be very vigilant of our surroundings. Glad you enjoyed it.

Policies to thwart airline terrorism must encompass all travelers, regardless of ethnicity. Right now we have terrorists from Al Quada creating havoc, but terrorism isn't a nationality. A terrorist is born out of ANY religious, political or ethnic group that has a cause worth dying and killing for. I would rather our Deptartment of Transportation and the FAA focus on enforcing measures that would effectively screen all passengers to ensure flight safety. These measures may include luggage, carry-on packages, employee aircraft access, restricting passenger activity and completely overhauling shopping and dining vendors in airports.

Singling out travelers based on race is counterproductive to the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution. Our citizens, civil rights groups and government have worked long and hard to remove racial prejudice and discrimination from our country. Because today's terrorists are of Middle Eastern descent, does this make it okay for our government to single out any person of Middle Eastern descent without just cause? I imagine this would be a real bloody mess if the world was different and our country's terroristic threats came from African groups. Or how about Europe or South America? When the face of a terrorist starts to look more and more "American", racial profiling becomes less a solution and moreso a finger-pointing mess.

Well, that's just my .02. I still love ya, Reija!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) This article was excellent. I can't believe that nobody did anything about the men when they were walking up and down the isles of the plane and using the restrooms back to back several times. Something has to be done with the security of our airplanes and airports. The fact that the men weren't searched because of their race and it would have been considered racial profiling is unbeliviable. The authorities should have any right to search anyone or any group regardless of their race. If they see anything suspecious they need to have the right to act on it. I think we have gone too far in this country with our rules against discrimination with the expense of our security and it needs to be stopped immediately before we lose more lives to the terrorist.

Was racial profiling just action during WWII? Close to 120,000 Japanese were interred in American civilian detention camps because of rampant fear that they would do harm to us. These camps operated for almost four years. What good will come if airline security focuses too much on one ethnic background? Will we let sympathetic terrorists slip by because they are white? Again, focus on broad-spectrum security measures that will insure equal regard to all travelers and their safety.

Remember all those highway sniper shootings in the VA/MD/DC area? Law enforcement and FBI erroneously thought the snipers were white. John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo slipped by road searches several times because they didn't fit the "white profile" that everyone focused on.

Racial profiling gives the appearance that law enforcement is behaving in an effective manner. It may not actually make our country or cities safer, but at least it makes us FEEL safer.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by naturally Love me too! I'm with Reija on this one ..I'm sorry ..but I think or don't see harm with racial profiling ...not when it comes to National Security ..I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Back