Interesting find...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain it... I'm working on the second part of my tutorial, and was trying to find MMU companies who make gel liners...

I knew about MAD Minerals Indelible Liners... What I didn't know is that Aromaleigh has the EXACT SAME liners for $14.75! Okay, so explain...

http://madminerals.org/catalog.php?item=590&catid=128&ret=catalog.php?category=128

MAD Minerals Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner $8.99

Colors: Chocolate Mousse, Black Out, Tanzanite, Venomous, Tidal Wave, Peacock, Black Cherry, Endangered, Magnetism, Ivy League, Penny, Magnetism, Marcasite, Scuba Dive

Aromaleigh Indelible "Gel" Eyeliner $14.75

Colors: Chocolate Mousse, Black Out, Tanzanite, Venomous, Tidal Wave, Peacock, Black Cherry, Endangered, Magnetism, Ivy League, Penny, Magnetism, Marcasite, Scuba Dive

Now, can someone reasonably explain this to me? I'm quite curious as to whether or not it's the same overhead they get the liners from, or if someone's "knocking off" someone else?!

hmmm interesting indeed.

I've never ordered from Aromaleigh since their products are limited and higher whereas MAD always have sales(!!) and more choices.

hmmm I guess it sucks to have bought gel liners from Aromaleigh now :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And check out the ones on The She Space, I swear those are also the same ones.

the SHE Space

Oh sorry cleodelinda, we posted almost simultaneously lol.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe someone can explain it... I'm working on the second part of my tutorial, and was trying to find MMU companies who make gel liners...
I knew about MAD Minerals Indelible Liners... What I didn't know is that Aromaleigh has the EXACT SAME liners for $14.75! Okay, so explain...

http://madminerals.org/catalog.php?item=590&catid=128&ret=catalog.php?category=128

MAD Minerals Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner $8.99

Aromaleigh Indelible "Gel" Eyeliner $14.75

Now, can someone reasonably explain this to me? I'm quite curious as to whether or not it's the same overhead they get the liners from, or if someone's "knocking off" someone else?!

These are the exact same liners. They are purchased from a wholesaler, so the companies don't create their own.

Originally Posted by cleodelinda /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have noticed this too. I have found these liners on many sites:$20.00 - Loose Lips, Eyes-shadows, liners,mascara, and makeup remover

$14.75 - Aromaleigh, Indelible "Gel" Eyeliner

$10.00 - The She Space, the SHE Space

$8.99 - JWC Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner - jW Cosmetics

$8.99 - MAD Minerals, Indelible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

The names are sometimes different, but the pots and colors look identical...

Yep. All of these are the same liners. Just different companies sell them.

The companies buy them from a wholesaler. They're not strictly mmu. I've tried a couple and they seem to be ok.

Well, if that's the case, then I'll be checking to see who has them cheapest when I'm ready to buy LOL!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, if that's the case, then I'll be checking to see who has them cheapest when I'm ready to buy LOL! That would be MAD or JW. MAD seems to be out of the liners a lot though....

Hi

There are a few wholesale companies that sell these, I got to got to a trade show. Oh what fun!!! They basically buy from the same place, the wholesale price is the same for all companies, all you have to do it meet the companies minimum. Whatever you charge you charge, I don;t know if they give you a suggest retail to sell these or not.

Also sometimes the end companies MMU companies try to make you think they make them themselves.

K

Originally Posted by TDZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif HiThere are a few wholesale companies that sell these, I got to got to a trade show. Oh what fun!!! They basically buy from the same place, the wholesale price is the same for all companies, all you have to do it meet the companies minimum. Whatever you charge you charge, I don;t know if they give you a suggest retail to sell these or not.

Also sometimes the end companies MMU companies try to make you think they make them themselves.

K

Trade shows in the beauty industry are dangerous. I had worked the hair industry ones years ago (when I was a sales rep). I also like the esthetic ones.

Remember when looking at pricing, also include how much the shipping is. Total cost is what you should look for.

Kris

I noticed this awhile back. i now order them at MAD when they are having a sale to offset the cost of shipping.

wow interesting. MAD seems to have a lot of great deals in general. They're my favorite MMU company for eye pigments.

Originally Posted by Kristines /img/forum/go_quote.gif Remember when looking at pricing, also include how much the shipping is. Total cost is what you should look for.
Kris

Always! I don't know how to shop any other way! LOL!

wow thanks for sharing. I had no idea the gel eyeliners were from the same source. It's just like some etailer bath&body products, they buy the same bases. I guess it helps to research around for the best prices.

Latest posts

Back