Interview... help!! Beauty advisor..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey people... I've read some forums about Beauty Advisor at Macy's.... however, I need my own responses... I got an interview for next Monday.. and I'm a little scared... I want that job... but I also NEED it... any suggestions on how to dress, talk, interview questions, whatever you can help me with... :S... Thank you all..

What's the job? Have you read the job description? Do they provide any indication on what to wear (i.e casual, business casual).

Need a bit more info in order to help. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello Pancua.. I read the job description.. its pretty much just about sales, selling beauty products... I just dont know what to dress for the interview... on the other hand, I dont know what kind of questions they will ask.. :S

Originally Posted by MaCaReNa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello Pancua.. I read the job description.. its pretty much just about sales, selling beauty products... I just dont know what to dress for the interview... on the other hand, I dont know what kind of questions they will ask.. :S
Sales positions usually want a top notch appearance. Do you own a suit? If not, basic slacks with a nice blouse and a blazer would be appropriate. Keep your make up simple but polished. Jewelry should also be simple. You want everything to compliment you, not compete with you.

As for the questions, on that I can't help you. I've never done a sales interview. Best of luck though!

thank you Pancua... how about the shoes?? do you think I can use boots w/ hills under the pants?? or flats??

Your best bet with the interview outfit would be to wear moderate pumps, like two inches or less on the heel.

Pumps, as calexxia, would be best. If you don't have a pair, you could use the boots, depending on what style they were.

You wouldn't want to wear Doc Martins, as an example. Unless you live in Texas, cowboy boots probably wouldn't be a good idea either. But if it is a fashion boot and the heel isnt too high, you should be golden.

Hi! I was wondering if you could help a fellow Macy's Beauty Advisor applicant out! I just had my interview about 4 days ago and they told me they'd contact me for a second interview but they didn't say when that would be, just to watch out =/  Do you know how long it usually takes for them to contact you after the first interview? What was the process you went through and what was it like? Any assistance would be awesome!! =)

Have you tried phoning them to ask those questions directly?  Thank them for the interview and ask.

Originally Posted by Aqua21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi! I was wondering if you could help a fellow Macy's Beauty Advisor applicant out! I just had my interview about 4 days ago and they told me they'd contact me for a second interview but they didn't say when that would be, just to watch out =/  Do you know how long it usually takes for them to contact you after the first interview? What was the process you went through and what was it like? Any assistance would be awesome!! =)

Latest posts

Back