Intriguing beauty products: Check 'em Out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are some interesting products I've seen that are either super useful or intriguing in some way!

1. All in One Concealer & Corrector with Tea Tree Oil & Camphor

By Judith August. Good idea! ----->
200.jpg

2. Tarte "Flash Your Cache", Mini Glistening Set (below)

Apply Glistening Powder anywhere you want a little extra sparkle. Perfect for cheekbones, arms, shoulders and decollete or as a modern alternative to hosiery.

Fans of tarte's original glistening powder will love this new travel set that features miniature versions of their three best-selling colors (sugar daddy, golddigger and tickled pink) and one new, limited edition shade, Miss Moneypenny, a shimmery silver-white. Apply Glistening Powder anywhere you want a little extra sparkle. Perfect for cheekbones, arms, shoulders and decollete or as a modern alternative to hosiery.Apply Glistening Powder anywhere you want a little extra sparkle. Perfect for cheekbones, arms, shoulders and decollete or as a modern alternative to hosiery. (Sounds pretty and more comfy than NYLONS!)
300.jpg

3. Gal Pal Garment Deodorant Remover
This is how you use Gal Palâ„¢ Garment Deodorant Remover. First, take Gal Pal & wipe it gently with the grain of the fabric, rubbing off the deodorant & voila, you have just saved yourself time & money in dry cleaning costs. If for some darn reason the deodorant does not come off completely, take the second Gal Pal & dampen it with water, squeezing out the excess and again, a little rub here, a little rub there & you're good to go! (A good idea, but what about just wearing clear deodarant instead?)

4. Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar
This is a highly rated bar! Here's what the package says:
A pure, gentle treatment for the face and body. People with oily skin can use it as a daily cleanser, and it's incredible for all skin types as a mask several times a week. Also works as a spot treatment. People with more advanced acne should use the bar as a 3-5 minute mask daily.

200.jpg

The Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar is made of white clay from the Italian town of Nocera Umbra. The natural qualities of white clay make it extremely therapeutic when used in face and body treatments. The Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar is a highly effective skin cleanser. It absorbs toxins, stimulates blood circulation and eliminates dead cells. In addition to its cleansing properties, white clay aids in the regeneration of healthy skin cells, decreases skin irritations, and combats acne in its early stages. White clay is also effective in preventing and treating diaper rash and other minor skin irritations in children. Regular use of the Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar will improve the overall condition of the skin. It will reduce oiliness, shrink pores and contain acne breakouts. The wide-ranging therapeutic qualities of the Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar make it an ideal treatment for detoxifying, healing and toning the skin. (Big promises! Better be worth the $34.00!)

5. philosophy peel kit
This is an at-home peel kit that the magazines are raving about. Users rated it 3 out of 4 stars.

Here's what the box reads:
...a peel, or rapid exfoliation of the skin, is indicated for fine lines, uneven skin tone, congested pores, acne and general environmental damage. if you were to seek medical intervention for these conditions, a chemical peel, laser treatment or even injections may be suggested. we would like you to consider a "plan a" that allows you to do multiple in-home peels in the privacy of your own home. regular in-home peels can help to buffer fine lines, minimize enlarged pores, improve skin texture and help keep your skin radiantly clear. if you still feel you need improvement, see a qualified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. (cost is about $45.00, not bad comparatively speaking!)

6. Alora Air Ambiance Air Freshner Set, Due
Well... everyone gave it a perfect 5 out of 5 stars! Here are the details:
300.jpg

Due is a blend of cucumber, beech, jasmine, rose musk, vanilla, basil, ylang ylang and cedarwood.

Alora Ambiance is the perfect addition to any space. Simple and unique, a glass bottle, porous sticks and a fragrant solution naturally combine to enhance the ambiance.

Air Freshener = Art?
As effective a centerpiece as it is an air freshener, Alora truly is a one-of-a-kind product and makes a perfect gift. Its exquisite design and attention to detail attest to its Italian origins while its wicking device - a deceptively simple and elegant grouping of sticks - is both esthetically attractive and unusually effective. The liquid seeps up through the wood and fills the room. It is inviting, giving each space its own signature fragrance.

Each 16 oz. bottle of Alora Ambiance will last 4 to 6 months.

Great stuff Cali, I especially like the garment deodorant remover. I always seem to have that problem.

I've been using the philosophy microdelivery peel and it's awsome! I think it's slightly different than the one you have listed, but it really does sweep away everything and it leaves my skin very smooth. I've been using it for about four months (1x weekly) and my skin's surface has really improved. I get more light reflection off of my skin, if that make sense. From the philosophy website:

philosophy pioneered the first medical microdermabrasion machine that rapidly exfoliated the skin as it delivered vitamin c deep into the skin. the treatment is known as the microdelivery peel and is popular amongst plastic surgeons and their patients. we are proud to introduce a less expensive, less invasive in-home version of the microdelivery peel. we don't just give your skin a peel, we give it a complete skin makeover. what makes this next generation microdelivery peel so revolutionary is that unlike peels of the past that only exfoliated, this peel delivers vitamin c and peptides into the skin as it's being rapidly exfoliated. it is resurfacing and replenishing the skin at the same time which is a while new approach to skin rejuvenation. and best of all, it involves absolutely no downtime.
http://philosophy.com/ProductDetail....m=philprod0079

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I've been using the philosophy microdelivery peel and it's awsome! I think it's slightly different than the one you have listed, but it really does sweep away everything and it leaves my skin very smooth. I've been using it for about four months (1x weekly) and my skin's surface has really improved. I get more light reflection off of my skin, if that make sense.
From the philosophy website:

philosophy pioneered the first medical microdermabrasion machine that rapidly exfoliated the skin as it delivered vitamin c deep into the skin. the treatment is known as the microdelivery peel and is popular amongst plastic surgeons and their patients. we are proud to introduce a less expensive, less invasive in-home version of the microdelivery peel.
we don't just give your skin a peel, we give it a complete skin makeover. what makes this next generation microdelivery peel so revolutionary is that unlike peels of the past that only exfoliated, this peel delivers vitamin c and peptides into the skin as it's being rapidly exfoliated.

it is resurfacing and replenishing the skin at the same time which is a while new approach to skin rejuvenation. and best of all, it involves absolutely no downtime.
http://philosophy.com/ProductDetail....m=philprod0079 I'm intrigued for sure. (oops Californian accent showing itself) I'd love to try it. Job first then philosoply next LOL. I'm sold.
mutbanner12.gif

I know what you mean about a job...
icon_redface.gif
June was an EXPENSIVE month for me. Hopefully I'll be working full-time by August!

There is a very similar product sold at Eckerd called A Peel of Dreams, by EnhanceMe. It contains less of the antioxidants but still scrubs about the same. http://www2.eckerd.com/product.asp?c...5Fbeauty%2Egif

I tried it and would recommend it to anyone hesitant spending $65 on the real deal.

Originally Posted by Californian I'm intrigued for sure. (oops Californian accent showing itself) I'd love to try it. Job first then philosoply next LOL. I'm sold.
mutbanner12.gif

You're not kidding, KittySky.. Look at this review I found on Peel of Dreams (ty for the HOT tip!) ...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><CENTER>Skin Care Review: A Peel of Dreams </CENTER><CENTER>Source</CENTER></TD></TR><!-- <TR> <TD bgColor=#ccff99 width="85%"></TD> </TR>--></TBODY></TABLE>

<CENTER>by Cherie Roubion, Friendswood , TX USA</CENTER>Listen up, ladies! Everyone should try this product! It's called a Peel of Dreams: Micro-dermabrasion in a bottle. I heard about it from a friend who was raving about the way her skin felt and looked after applying this intense vitamin C and exfoliating treatment. I tried it and am now hooked. It's a two-part system. First you apply the scrub, which is a blend of sodum bicarbonate crystals and vitamins A, C and E. Next, you apply the lactic acid activator and massage it into your skin. When you wash it off, your makeup glides on like silk! I've now been using it for about three weeks and my skin seems totally resurfaced. The lines around my eyes are almost gone, and my pores appear much smaller and clearer. I ordered it online at www.enhanceme.com. Cheers!

I've been lemming that Fresh Umbrian Clay Bar forever... *sigh* I'm just so easily distracted...
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back