Introducing myself..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I actually stumbled upon this site looking for dermalogica reviews. It seems like a really cool site, and I keep coming back to it. My main concern lately has been my complexion. After my second child, my skin has just gone crazy. Products that I used to love and used to work, now wreak havoc. Anyway, I used the CALM line by Rodan and Fields for about 3 months. It worked wonders on my breakouts, but now I have very flaky, dry patches of skin on top of oily skin. Yikes! Also, my Bare Minerals makeup which used to be perfect, now seems to enhance my creases and looks cakey and dry. Sorry to go on and on, but that's the reason I'm here, to find new products that will work for me and my crazy complexion! I've been using some Dermalogica products for about 4 days now, and have had wonderful results. (Knock on wood). I tried the Dermal Clay cleanser, Soothing Protection spray and Active Moist. My skin looks more relaxed, less flaky and is glowing again. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for a different makeup. I like the loose powder mineral-based makeup idea..Jane Iredale, perhaps? Thanks for listening! Nicolet

Originally Posted by Nicolet Hi everyone,
I actually stumbled upon this site looking for dermalogica reviews. It seems like a really cool site, and I keep coming back to it. My main concern lately has been my complexion. After my second child, my skin has just gone crazy. Products that I used to love and used to work, now wreak havoc. Anyway, I used the CALM line by Rodan and Fields for about 3 months. It worked wonders on my breakouts, but now I have very flaky, dry patches of skin on top of oily skin. Yikes! Also, my Bare Minerals makeup which used to be perfect, now seems to enhance my creases and looks cakey and dry. Sorry to go on and on, but that's the reason I'm here, to find new products that will work for me and my crazy complexion! I've been using some Dermalogica products for about 4 days now, and have had wonderful results. (Knock on wood). I tried the Dermal Clay cleanser, Soothing Protection spray and Active Moist. My skin looks more relaxed, less flaky and is glowing again. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for a different makeup. I like the loose powder mineral-based makeup idea..Jane Iredale, perhaps? Thanks for listening! Nicolet

Hi Nicolet & welcome, I'm Karen from New York - I'm not to crazy about the Bare Minerals just by itself - it did make me look like I've been embombed!! I went to a liquid foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) and once that set, I would then go over it with a light dusting of Bare Minerals - then some blush, then a face brightener shimmer powder for that "sun-kissed look" lol...

Originally Posted by K*O* Hi Nicolet & welcome, I'm Karen from New York - I'm not to crazy about the Bare Minerals just by itself - it did make me look like I've been embombed!! I went to a liquid foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) and once that set, I would then go over it with a light dusting of Bare Minerals - then some blush, then a face brightener shimmer powder for that "sun-kissed look" lol... Hi Karen,
Thanks for the welcome and the advice!!

Nicolet

Welcome to MuT, Nicolet! I'm Jess from Hawaii.

The only thing I can think of is the same thing K*O* recommended--- switch to liquid foundation. Hth!

Welcome Nicolet! I'm Janelle, from NY. Nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I like the BE foundations, but I find that I can't apply too much, or I look a little cakey - other than that it's great ... I use Differin Gel for breakouts and I'm really liking Murad's skin care products... Hopefully the Dermalogica works out for you! Keep us posted!
smile.gif

& Welcome to MuT Nicolet! Glad you've joined & I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

I'd talk to a dermotologist first before trying new products. I'm not sure how old your 2nd child is, but if you're still nursing, this may be contributing to your skin issues & they way your beloved products perform.

However, if your 2nd is not a baby & a child 4+ years, then it's probably that you need to change your products like everyone's suggesting. See how your skin reacts to the Dermologica w/in the next few weeks to a month & then try the Bare Minerals again. If you break-out, then you need to try something new. Also consider the shelf life of the pot of BM--if it's 2+ years, toss it & start w/a fresh pot. If not, wash your brushes out immediately & try it again. If you're storing brushes in a warm, humid spot, this could be a culprit.

HTH!

welcome to the board!!!

I use BE and i love it. i do use other things but i mainly have just been using BE. i think this will actually be a foundation that i finish.

Hi Nicolet! Welcome to MakeupTalk! My skin went crazy too after having my son. I've tried several different skin care lines since the lines I used to use didn't work anymore. Now finally my skin is back to normal (my son is 4). I've found that Clarins works best for me. I started using Hydra Quenching moisturizer and it solved my immediate skin issues. I think my skin was dehydrated and was causing it to be more oily. I don't know if my theory is right but after I started using Clarins Cleansing Milk, Toner and a moisturizer most of my blackheads went away and my skin isn't oily and dry at the same time anymore and my makeup goes on smooter. Good luck with your skin care hunt! I've heard great things about Dermalogica line. It's suppose to be really good. Hope it works out for you.

Hi Nicolete....sounds like an exfoliater might be good for you. I use a couple different ones at night under moisterizer...helps to get off the flakes and control oil...I use 2 by Cosmedix, Refine and Defy..hope this helpsRima

Hi Nicolet, Welcome to MuT. I would stick with Dermalogica for a while to see how it does. If it doesn't help then you can do more search on skincare and mu. Everybody here is very helpful, enjoy reading reviews
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet

Hi everyone,

Welcome to MakeupTalk fromthe admin department!!

Wow! I had to log off for a few hours, and when I came back I had soo many cool replies. Thanks for the warm welcomes and all the advice. I do believe some of my skin woes are hormonal. I'll continue the Dermalogica line, and keep searching for that perfect foundation/powder!

wink.gif
Nicolet
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to MUT Nicolet. I love your name! I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

Latest posts

Back