Introduction as per request:

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Mornin'....I just joined Makeup Talk yesterday, and received an e/mail asking me to introduce myself...so here goes:

I am a very young 60 year old...been married to the same man for 40 years (this past January 29th)..we had one child (a son) that died at the ago of 23 in 1989. Now it is my husband, myself and 1 Calico cat, and 3 dogs...An 8 yr. old Eskimo Spitz, a black Lab (abandoned at 6 weeks old), and an abused German Shepherd/Akita mix (at 6 months old, as per the vet).

My hobby is wildlife/nature photography....If you've a mind to, you can click on this link and view my photo albums...and if you would leave me a note in the Guestbook.....thanks.

I have a very strong weakness for makeup, cowboy boots, Levi's jeans, and leather purses.

I have a great sense of humor,
icon_lol.gif
and love to joke around and just have fun in general.

If you have any questions...just ask away.

My name is Sherri...but I go by Shedra in forums...(combination of my first and last name)

Originally Posted by shedra

Good Mornin'....I just joined Makeup Talk yesterday, and received an e/mail asking me to introduce myself...so here goes:
I am a very young 60 year old...been married to the same man for 40 years (this past January 29th)..we had one child (a son) that died at the ago of 23 in 1989. Now it is my husband, myself and 1 Calico cat, and 3 dogs...An 8 yr. old Eskimo Spitz, a black Lab (abandoned at 6 weeks old), and an abused German Shepherd/Akita mix (at 6 months old, as per the vet).

My hobby is wildlife/nature photography....If you've a mind to, you can click on this link and view my photo albums...and if you would leave me a note in the Guestbook.....thanks.

I have a very strong weakness for makeup, cowboy boots, Levi's jeans, and leather purses.

icon_lol.gif

My name is Sherri...but I go by Shedra in forums...(combination of my first and last name)

Hello Sherri,
Nice to meet you. Thanks for jumping right in and saying h! Sorry to hear about your son back in 1989.

Again, you will have many people saying hello and welcoming you. I am Tony from Southern CA and I admininster this website

Hi Sherri and welcome to Mut. The girls (and guy) here are all lovely. And I love cowboy boots too
smile.gif
BTW, I'm Emmy from Canada.

Welcome to MuT Sherri! I'm Laura from Ireland. Looking forward to getting to know you
biggrin.gif

welcome to MUT! i'm jennifer from NY.

i'm very sorry to hear about your son. hearing that makes me sad
frown.gif

Welcome to MuT! I am soo sorry to hear about your son. You will absolutly love it here! Im Violet from NY. Im looking forward to your posts!

Hi, Sherri! So glad you joined MuT. I'm Nicole from California. You sound like a very strong, interesting woman. I look forward to your posts...

Welcome aboard Sherri!
smile.gif
I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you !

So sorry to hear about your son...
frown.gif
But I also love photography and animals too! I think you'll like it here
smile.gif

Hi Shedra, Welcome to our happy family! Sorry to hear about your Son. You sound like you Love animals. Ime Pauline from the Uk and i love meeting other makeup addicts. You sound so cool! Great to meet you.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hello sherri and welcome to mut. i'm monnie from michigan. i'm looking forward to your posts!

Originally Posted by shedra Good Mornin'....I just joined Makeup Talk yesterday, and received an e/mail asking me to introduce myself...so here goes:

icon_lol.gif

Hi Sherri, glad to have you here...I have to say I´m glad you included that much info about yourself in your first post, that way we already know some things about you before you actually start posting.

and btw, I´m Andrea from Vienna, Austria

This is for all the "welcomes" from everybody, (and the condolences) sounds like a great group...I am sorry I didn't reply the other day...I only received notice from 2 "posters" welcoming me, and we had to leave (hubby and I) and I just now got back on the computer.

I was also having trouble this morning navigating around to find out where this thread was so I could thank a couple of people, and that is when I found all the others..(this navigating will take a little practice and studying)

I thot I included the link for my Picture Trail albums....I hope we are allowed to do this...(I am not intending to advertise)...this is where I keep most of my pics...I sent my sister all the "physical" pics thru the snail mail, and put a lot on my computer, and burned a lot to CD.

So, Here is the link, please sign my guestbook:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?shedra

Tony.....if you see this and it is not permissible (to post a link) please let me know....I sure don't wanna go breaking any rules.

wow! you look NOWHERE NEAR 60! you look so much younger!

i also loved the album of jace
smile.gif

Hi Sherri and welcome to Makeup Talk. Nice of you to join us. I'm Jeanie from Southern California. Sorry to hear of your son. Hope to hear more from you.

Originally Posted by Jennifer wow! you look NOWHERE NEAR 60! you look so much younger!
i also loved the album of jace
smile.gif

Thank you so much Jennifer...some days I feel like I am 90!...I think it is this fresh Tennessee air and living in the country.
I am so ready for fall and winter weather....Here it is almost 7:00 in the evening, and still 92*...it isn't the heat that bothers me so much...it's that feeling of suffocating and not being able to breathe.
icon_cry.gif

Guess I need to get out there and water my flowerbeds. and run with the dogs for a little bit...

Latest posts

Back