Introduction

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is, I live on Euclid near Mile square park. I've always thought that where Brookhurst ends is H.B.? But, it's Newport?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OH wow so close! We live where Brookhurst St. ends at PCH in the houses! Near Newport(WAVES!)

Originally Posted by MakeupFanatic

Tony, I just clicked on the "Wrap" button. Does it automatically quote it? I guess I'll find out in a few minutes.huh? lol
Thanks

~Diane

Yes it does, but it's about 100 yards from Newport
wink.gif

Anyhow we are near the end of Brookhurst

Nope you don't have to click on anything other than "reply" at the bottom, it will wrap the quoting automatically

Originally Posted by MakeupFanatic

Tony, I just clicked on the "Wrap" button. Does it automatically quote it? I guess I'll find out in a few minutes.huh? lol
Thanks

~Diane

Wave! Wow, what a weight loss. Congratulations! I have to be really careful of what I eat so that I don't get a flare up. I have to stay away from salads and fruits, can you believe that. The more fatty foods I eat the better my stomach seems to be. It's very weird and I know it's not the best diet but what do you do. My gastroentologist wasn't happy hear that I stay away from the healthier foods everybody is suppose to eat but he said that he has heard that from other patients before too.

OKay!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yes it does, but it's about 100 yards from Newport
wink.gif

Anyhow we are near the end of Brookhurst

Yeah
icon_sad.gif
I wish it would stop.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Some rain today huh??

:::WAVE:::Thank you!
icon_biggrin.gif
I have to be careful too. I've heard that works for some people with IBS as well. I didn't get that lucky. I crave the fatty foods though. lol

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Wave! Wow, what a weight loss. Congratulations! I have to be really careful of what I eat so that I don't get a flare up. I have to stay away from salads and fruits, can you believe that. The more fatty foods I eat the better my stomach seems to be. It's very weird and I know it's not the best diet but what do you do. My gastroentologist wasn't happy hear that I stay away from the healthier foods everybody is suppose to eat but he said that he has heard that from other patients before too.

Hi Kim, Thank you for the welcome!
icon_smile.gif
I have CFS as well. Actually Fibro & CFS are one in the same. It's kind of confusing. It's nice now people on MUT understand. I hope your friend is doing well. It's nice to meet you and hope to talk to you soon.

~Diane

Hi Diane, it's lovely reading your posts,though i'me sorry to hear of your illness. I understand about what you mean on the joys of makeup.I suffer clincial depression and OCD and don't sleep well, when i have bad days it really show's on my face. There was a time i had huge big black circles under my eyes and no amount of concealor would cover them. When i first came on the board (well over a year ago now i think) GR8FISCH suggested using a concelaor with yellow tones in it. I was amazed at the huge difference it made. The other thing about adrk circles is if you smoke it makes them MEGGA worse. When i gave up i drank tons of water and within a week i could not believe my eyes! Honestly!

There are different concelaors that hide the different colors of undereye circles. For blue black circles the yellow concealor is best. (with me being pale the circles i had where almost like bruises). I will try and find out about which colors of concealor's work best on skintones and shadow's. Great to meet you and (((big hugs and a warm welcome to you.))))

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OH wow so close! We live where Brookhurst St. ends at PCH in the houses! Near Newport(WAVES!)

And if I look through a super high powered telescope... I can see you all the way from Long Island, NY !!!! [Waving] Can you see me wave??? LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Candy, I'm way too familiar with depression & OCD. Ok..this is going to be a mouthful.. I have depression and my oldest son (Kenny 20) has Bipolar Disorder and my youngest son (Nick) is 17 and has Bipolar Disorder,ADHD, OCD, learning disabilties and a 4 yr. developmental delay. Physicallly he's 17 but mentally, emotionally and academically he is about 13. So, I understand too.
wink.gif

Which concealer did you find worked best for you? I'm using the Smashbox Diffusing..one end is the yellow concealer and the other end is reg conealer. I just bought MAC Studiolights but it doesn't cover very good. I'm always looking for something better. Oh, but I like the Fast response eye cream I got from MAC. I used it last night and this morning. I only got 3 hours sleep last night and I put it on under a little makeup this morning to go to Starbucks (My home away from home and my other Love)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
and one of my friends said, you look like you finally got some good sleep. LOL I said, no it's MAC! I read that water didn't help? My circles are blue with some brown. Some hereditary thing. Nice to meet you too.
smile.gif

(*(*(Hugz back at ya)*)*)

~Diane

Hi Diane, Thanks so much for sharing that with me. I send you (((((Big Hugs)))))

too! I am sorry to hear that you and your Sons have depression and OCD.

I am not always able to talk about things like this except on this board. OCD can be extremely difficult to 'hide' but i have my ways.Im sure you will understand.I think you must be a very strong woman to have to 'cope' with your own and other people's.It can be very draining on family partner's and friends.True friends can really make all the difference.

A lot of people think that depression is something that one can snap out of but it's not as easy as that,and real depression is something that affect your life every day. I was diagnosed with OCD at 7 years old,when i had an obbssesion with numbers and other 'strange' things and as i got older and life got worse it got really bad.I still have OCD but it is managable now,except for when i get stressed (which is a massive trigger).

It sounds to me like you have sleeping difficulties (same with me) and that can literally put years on your appearance.I have also read that increasing your daily water intake won't help,and that tea coffee and other liquids can be included the recommened daily fluid intake.However i have tried it and know that it does.I can only speak from experience.For years i was searching for a decent concealor and it annoys me now, that i didin't think about stopping smoking and drinking lots of nice water. The only way to be sure for you is to try it and see how nice your skin will start to look in about a week.Its quite amazing. I have found that i look totally different from the person i was when i was ill and under horrendus circumstances.As i have moved on and forward in life and started to recover i started to look better to. Stress affects your looks and even drinking water, getting fresh air,sleeping better and not smoking all helped me.

The concelaor's i used when my eyes were really dark and haunted with tramua,(my whole face has changed since then) didn't really help much to be honest,except the yellow toned one's i tried. I used an Elizabeth Arden concealor which was better than the rest (ysl,clinique etc) Light reflecting concealor's actually higlight the problem.Especially with the blue/black circles. Always look for a concelaor with a yellowy tone to it.Not white or pink.

You could always try Elizabeth Arden sponge on cream foundation. Gentle Beige was my choice. Models Prefer, Mohave Magic,Prescriptives all do yellow toned makeup. Formulations have changed and there's better one's out there now. I will see if i can find out more for you.QVC has a good range of proffesional products.At the moment if i use the Models Prefer concelor (there are 3 tones to it and all yellow based). My eyes are so much better now (after years of looking like a panda). I am careful as to which eye cream i use now becuase i used to used far too much and would wake up with puffy eyes.Sinus problems can make your eyes dark as well as allergy's. I drink herbal tea's and lots of water with lemon,which has helped boost my immune system.Vitamin C is good to take as well.Good Luck with finding a concealor that will suit you. What part of the world are you in and what color is your skin tone? I hope you are enjoying the New Year so far. I am determined to think positive.I will get back to you about concealor's.

Love and Hugs

PaulinexXx

PS, Diane i just wanted to say to you,i hope you feel very welcome here on MuT. This place has helped me so much emotionally and i know the owner's members and moderators will welcome you with open arms.Great to have you with us.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Candy Hi Diane, Thanks so much for sharing that with me. I send you (((((Big Hugs)))))too! I am sorry to hear that you and your Sons have depression and OCD.

I am not always able to talk about things like this except on this board. OCD can be extremely difficult to 'hide' but i have my ways.Im sure you will understand.I think you must be a very strong woman to have to 'cope' with your own and other people's.It can be very draining on family partner's and friends.True friends can really make all the difference.

A lot of people think that depression is something that one can snap out of but it's not as easy as that,and real depression is something that affect your life every day. I was diagnosed with OCD at 7 years old,when i had an obbssesion with numbers and other 'strange' things and as i got older and life got worse it got really bad.I still have OCD but it is managable now,except for when i get stressed (which is a massive trigger).

It sounds to me like you have sleeping difficulties (same with me) and that can literally put years on your appearance.I have also read that increasing your daily water intake won't help,and that tea coffee and other liquids can be included the recommened daily fluid intake.However i have tried it and know that it does.I can only speak from experience.For years i was searching for a decent concealor and it annoys me now, that i didin't think about stopping smoking and drinking lots of nice water. The only way to be sure for you is to try it and see how nice your skin will start to look in about a week.Its quite amazing. I have found that i look totally different from the person i was when i was ill and under horrendus circumstances.As i have moved on and forward in life and started to recover i started to look better to. Stress affects your looks and even drinking water, getting fresh air,sleeping better and not smoking all helped me.

The concelaor's i used when my eyes were really dark and haunted with tramua,(my whole face has changed since then) didn't really help much to be honest,except the yellow toned one's i tried. I used an Elizabeth Arden concealor which was better than the rest (ysl,clinique etc) Light reflecting concealor's actually higlight the problem.Especially with the blue/black circles. Always look for a concelaor with a yellowy tone to it.Not white or pink.

You could always try Elizabeth Arden sponge on cream foundation. Gentle Beige was my choice. Models Prefer, Mohave Magic,Prescriptives all do yellow toned makeup. Formulations have changed and there's better one's out there now. I will see if i can find out more for you.QVC has a good range of proffesional products.At the moment if i use the Models Prefer concelor (there are 3 tones to it and all yellow based). My eyes are so much better now (after years of looking like a panda). I am careful as to which eye cream i use now becuase i used to used far too much and would wake up with puffy eyes.Sinus problems can make your eyes dark as well as allergy's. I drink herbal tea's and lots of water with lemon,which has helped boost my immune system.Vitamin C is good to take as well.Good Luck with finding a concealor that will suit you. What part of the world are you in and what color is your skin tone? I hope you are enjoying the New Year so far. I am determined to think positive.I will get back to you about concealor's.

Love and Hugs

PaulinexXx

PS, Diane i just wanted to say to you,i hope you feel very welcome here on MuT. This place has helped me so much emotionally and i know the owner's members and moderators will welcome you with open arms.Great to have you with us.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Very sweet Pauline!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I love all the people I've met on here... sometimes I feel closer to people here than the ones I see all the time!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by make-me-up-gurl Wow that a message!! So long and drawn out. But useful! I'm a passionate lady.Glad you found it useful
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks NYAngel, i know what you mean.I feel safe here amongst friends and love being able to talk openly about things, its amazing how much it really helps
icon_biggrin.gif

Back