Introduction

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to posting on the forum.
icon_smile.gif
I love makeup, skincare, hair care, all the beauty stuff. I'm married, I have 3 teenagers and I'm a homemaker. About 4 yrs ago I was dx with Fibromyalgia and I'm often fatigued and/or not feeling well and without makeup people can tell. People would say, you don't look well or you look very tired..etc. So, I started really researching products and ingredients that would help me look healthier and hide the dark circles. Now they can't tell. I've had a blast doing it and love it. It's so much fun but I want everything. lol

I'm looking forward to talking to you all!

~Diane

Hi Diane, welcome to MakeUpTalk! I'm Laura from Ireland.. I look forward to reading your posts as i'm having a problem with dark circles under my eyes at the moment. Any advice on what products to use?

Hi Diane and welcome! I'm Tess, and I am also a homemaker with 2 daughters, glad you found our site, good people here and always friendly.

hi Diane! welcome to the MuT boards! i'm Gail from Honolulu & i'm sure you'll have fun posting here & i look forward to getting to "know" you.
smile.gif

Hi Laura, thank you for the welcome!
smile.gif
I'm really like Smashbox Diffuse under eye concealer (easy to apply, covers and blends well) and Vincent Longo camouflage creme (it has a thicker consistancy so you only need to apply very little but blends and covers good). It's not dry or cakey like most of the creme concealers I've tried. But, because I'm always looking for new ones to try to see if they cover even better.. right now I want to try Benefits Bio-ing and NARS eye brightner. Have you tried them? I've tried so many and was disappointed. Such as; Revelon Cream concealer & the Skinlight concealer, Dermablend, Diorlift smoothing anti-fatigue concealer, Paula Dorf camouflage cream and so many more...I'll post as many I can remember in the reviews. lol

Have a good day.

~Diane

Hi Tess, thank you for the welcome!
smile.gif
How old are your daughters? I have 2 boys (17 w/special needs & 20) and 1 daughter (18). They all live at home and I think their goal is to see which one can drive me nuts first. lol

~Diane

Hi Gail, thank you for the welcome!
smile.gif
My grandma used to live in Honolulu and she says it's beautiful. She misses it.

~Diane

Well, hello Diane!

Welcoming you warmly to www.MakeupTalk.com. My name is Tony and I am from Makeuptalk's adminstration dept. If you need any help at all, hit the moderators up (click here to see them) and they will answer your questions promptly.

Anyhow, hope your stay is long and fun!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by MakeupFanatic

Hi Everyone, I'm new to posting on the forum.
icon_smile.gif
I love makeup, skincare, hair care, all the beauty stuff. I'm married, I have 3 teenagers and I'm a homemaker. About 4 yrs ago I was dx with Fibromyalgia and I'm often fatigued and/or not feeling well and without makeup people can tell. People would say, you don't look well or you look very tired..etc. So, I started really researching products and ingredients that would help me look healthier and hide the dark circles. Now they can't tell. I've had a blast doing it and love it. It's so much fun but I want everything. lol

I'm looking forward to talking to you all!

~Diane

Cool_welcome_sign.gif

Hi Diane! I'm Janelle, from NY - Glad you found us! It's always nice to meet new people! I think you'll be a good addition to our group being its seems you've tried many products... and we're always searching for new stuff to ry out! THanks for joining us and hope to talk to you again soon!

Ahh, she has tried alot of products huh? I wonder if we can convince her to venture into our review center and conduct some product reviews? If so, Diane, click here for the Product Review Center

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Cool_welcome_sign.gif

Hi Diane! I'm Janelle, from NY - Glad you found us! It's always nice to meet new people! I think you'll be a good addition to our group being its seems you've tried many products... and we're always searching for new stuff to ry out! THanks for joining us and hope to talk to you again soon!

Originally Posted by MakeupFanatic I'll post as many I can remember in the reviews. lol Maybe she will! That would be great, Diane! We'd all love to read your opinions!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the warm welcome!
smile.gif
I'm having so much fun reading all the reviews and the cool topics. I'm trying to get use to the posting format. Do we need to post a copy of each persons post that we are replying to? Because, I haven't figure that out yet. lol

Have a good day.

~Diane

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Ahh, she has tried alot of products huh? I wonder if we can convince her to venture into our review center and conduct some product reviews? If so, Diane, click here for the Product Review Center Hi Tony,Oh yeah and I started posting the reviews this morning.
smile.gif

~Diane

Welcome to MakeupTalk! Sorry to hear about your Fibromyalgia. I'm glad that you have found beauty products that help you with the condition. I have Crohn's disease (intestinal disease) and it has caused me some skin problems before but I've been doing better in the past 8 years. I remember when my condition was really bad I would get really bad breakouts on just one side of my face in one spot. I've been doing a lot better now. I do get flare ups though every once in a while and have to stay in bed for a couple of days but then I get better.

Originally Posted by MakeupFanatic Hi Laura, thank you for the welcome!
smile.gif
I'm really like Smashbox Diffuse under eye concealer (easy to apply, covers and blends well) and Vincent Longo camouflage creme (it has a thicker consistancy so you only need to apply very little but blends and covers good). It's not dry or cakey like most of the creme concealers I've tried. But, because I'm always looking for new ones to try to see if they cover even better.. right now I want to try Benefits Bio-ing and NARS eye brightner. Have you tried them? I've tried so many and was disappointed. Such as; Revelon Cream concealer & the Skinlight concealer, Dermablend, Diorlift smoothing anti-fatigue concealer, Paula Dorf camouflage cream and so many more...I'll post as many I can remember in the reviews. lol
Have a good day.

~Diane

I haven't tried many to be totally honest with you. I've always just used my regular concealer which was Rimmel "Hide The Blemish" but i don't use it anymore. I'm using Laura Mercier Sercret Camouflage Concealer at the moment & i quite like that but it wears off towards the end of the day. I think i'm gonna do some research into skincare products for my dark circles though. I'd like to get rid of them rather than try to cover them up every day. My mum keeps telling me i only have them from lack of sleep but i know that's now the case because i get about 9 hours sleep a night (i love my bed!)

Hi Janelle,

Thank you!
smile.gif
I'm always looking for new ones to try too. I think this forum great because we can all learn a lot from each other talking about something we all love.

Have a good day!

~Diane

Originally Posted by NYAngel98
Cool_welcome_sign.gif

Hi Reija,

Thank you!
smile.gif
I'm glad to hear your doing better with the Crohn's. I've heard about it's difficulties. I have IBS but, I'm doing better with it and the Fibromyalgia. As long as I follow my special diet and get sleep good..then I'm ok, I too, get flare ups and all I can do is rest until it passes.I lost 95 lbs. last year on the diet so it that was a great benefit.

You, Tony and I are neighbor's..I live in Fountain Valley. ::::Waving::::

I hope to talk to you more soon. Have a good day!

~Diane

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Welcome to MakeupTalk! Sorry to hear about your Fibromyalgia. I'm glad that you have found beauty products that help you with the condition. I have Crohn's disease (intestinal disease) and it has caused me some skin problems before but I've been doing better in the past 8 years. I remember when my condition was really bad I would get really bad breakouts on just one side of my face in one spot. I've been doing a lot better now. I do get flare ups though every once in a while and have to stay in bed for a couple of days but then I get better.

Hi Diane!

Do you mean "message quoting"? If you simply hit reply and place your curser in front of the word QUOTE and the [ , then it will quote it in the reply just like I did here. Yep the posting format is a wee different than others, but you rill quickly find out that MakeupTalk is extremely more functional and offers alot of info. Once you get it, it will be great! Check out this post here for powerrul user info page, then go to the MEMBER list and view other's info.

HTH

Hi Tony,
Thank you for the warm welcome!
smile.gif
I'm having so much fun reading all the reviews and the cool topics. I'm trying to get use to the posting format. Do we need to post a copy of each persons post that we are replying to? Because, I haven't figure that out yet. lol

Have a good day.

~Diane

Tony, I just clicked on the "Wrap" button. Does it automatically quote it? I guess I'll find out in a few minutes.huh? lol

Thanks

~Diane

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hi Diane!
Do you mean "message quoting"? If you simply hit reply and place your curser in front of the word QUOTE and the [ , then it will quote it in the reply just like I did here. Yep the posting format is a wee different than others, but you rill quickly find out that MakeupTalk is extremely more functional and offers alot of info. Once you get it, it will be great! Check out this post here for powerrul user info page, then go to the MEMBER list and view other's info.

HTH

Hi Reija,Thank you!
smile.gif
I'm glad to hear your doing better with the Crohn's. I've heard about it's difficulties. I have IBS but, I'm doing better with it and the Fibromyalgia. As long as I follow my special diet and get sleep good..then I'm ok, I too, get flare ups and all I can do is rest until it passes.I lost 95 lbs. last year on the diet so it that was a great benefit.

You, Tony and I are neighbor's..I live in Fountain Valley. ::::Waving::::

I hope to talk to you more soon. Have a good day!

~Diane

OH wow so close! We live where Brookhurst St. ends at PCH in the houses! Near Newport(WAVES!)

Latest posts

Back