Invisible?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the MUT admin, I can see many users who have thier settings set to be invisible. I am trying to figure out why exactly you might want this. So if you set it this way, can you tell us why might want it this way?
confused.gif
Just wondering really.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jen

Hi Tony!
I don't remember how I have mine set...
icon_redface.gif

Oh I shoulda told how to check it.
Click on your USERCP -> Options -> Look for Use Invible Mode

You're absolutely right Charms - I didn't even know there was one anyway !!! LOL

Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL Tony...I was just thinking about this the other night! I wondered too why some people want to be invisible but when they post something, of course you can see that they are online at the time that they posted!

I guess I would have to check mine because I'm not sure if I'm invisible or not.

I used to use the invisible mode alot at another forum when I didn't want to be bothered by some of the horny guys there. I have never gone invisible here because I don't need it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I could always tell when someone was invisible when they would post like Char said but I haven't noticed that here. I guess it's because there's usually sooo many online. I'm gonna be on the look out now because i'm curious as to who it is.
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa

I used to use the invisible mode alot at another forum when I didn't want to be bothered by some of the horny guys there. I have never gone invisible here because I don't need it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I could always tell when someone was invisible when they would post like Char said but I haven't noticed that here. I guess it's because there's usually sooo many online. I'm gonna be on the look out now because i'm curious as to who it is.
icon_confused.gif

LOL at Horny guys. Those darn guys
wink.gif

We used to NOT allow users to use invisible mode, but we figured that we should

Some forums show the number of members, guests, and hidden online. I just noticed that we can just see the number of guests and members. I guess that makes it more discreet, huh?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOL at Horny guys. Those darn guys
wink.gif
Yeah, and speaking of horny, I just changed my mood icon from horny to innocent just incase i've scared and forced someone into invisible mode.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa

Some forums show the number of members, guests, and hidden online. I just noticed that we can just see the number of guests and members. I guess that makes it more discreet, huh?

Why would a forum show HIDDEN online? LOL
Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Why would a forum show HIDDEN online? LOL
Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Well, it didn't like show there names. There was no way to know who it was unless they posted and then it was pretty obvious. Sometimes there would be like 5 or 6 hidden. Maybe they just want to lurk without being seen?
icon_confused.gif

yeah i wonder this 2, i thought it was me, i thought that people were blocking me cause i know you can do that and im like wtf did i do to that girl!! cause i caught alot of girls using invisble:icon_love

Originally Posted by jennycateyez yeah i wonder this 2, i thought it was me, i thought that people were blocking me cause i know you can do that and im like wtf did i do to that girl!! cause i caught alot of girls using invisble:icon_love I didnt realize we had this option myself. The only time I think it would be useful is if I am not here, I usually leave my internet on most of the day but I am not on it all day, and when I go to bed I leave it on, so I can check my email in the morning. I have dial-up (cant have anything else where I am right now) so I have to be on a website or aol kicks me off. Sometimes I leave it on here, sometimes myspace, or ebay, or just something random. I wouldnt use it if I was actually on here, thats stupid. I like using away or invisible on aol when I am busy or go to bed.

I've never gone invisible here... Never want to! I love you guys and am totally happy to talk when I am online.

my guess of the day would be if they were looking at the sex forum, but that's a bit paranoid and who cares if you visit the forum a lot...might not be the case but that's my crack at it

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I've never gone invisible here... Never want to! I love you guys and am totally happy to talk when I am online. Yeah I wouldnt be invisible if I was online, but like today, I was on earlier and had to sleep most of the day b/c of a killer migraine. So it looks like I live on MUT, I am not on all day and night, even though sometimes I leave it on when doing other stuff. I prob wouldnt use invisible though, thats just good for instant messaging, b/c I dont want my friends to think I am ignoring them on aol or yahoo.

I dont use this feature, and I would like to know why exactly there is a mode like that , lol.

perhaps it gives them a sense of privacy? or maybe they have it on by mistake. but i guess we all have days when we dont really want to talk to anyone, and just chill out.

Back