Ipods

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my oldest son an IPOD soon. I went to the MAC store(NOT MAKEUP LOL) tonight and looked at them. THey are all pretty much in my price range. Any suggestions? Also, is the MAC store the best price? or???

Someone explain the differences between all the IPods and what are the pros and cons of them all?

Thanks!

It really depends what you want it for. If you want a lot of storage, then definitely get one of the bigger capacity ipods. Do you want to store photos? Or do you want something light that you can carry some music... then perhaps the shuffle is your best option. I have the 20GB and have about 2000 songs on it. I have mostly music, an audio book and some podcasts. I also have the fm transmitter so I can listen to it in my car while at the same time it gets charged.

Check out this link. It compares all the ipods.

Have fun!

-iPods (the white ones) are the most expensive/biggest ones but hold about 4000 songs.

-iPod minis are the colorful ones that hold about 1000 songs.

-iPod shuffles are the smallest one that has no screen and holds around 100-150 songs.

Which one you should get depends on the size of your son's collection of songs, but for me iPod mini has the perfect memory size.

I think Apple is going to announce the next generation of iPod minis next week.. their new ipod minis will have flash drive instead of hard drive so they will be about 20% smaller and will have color screen. You might want to wait until those come out!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilyindavis

-iPods (the white ones) are the most expensive/biggest ones but hold about 4000 songs.
-iPod minis are the colorful ones that hold about 1000 songs.

-iPod shuffles are the smallest one that has no screen and holds around 100-150 songs.

Which one you should get depends on the size of your son's collection of songs, but for me iPod mini has the perfect memory size.

I think Apple is going to announce the next generation of iPod minis next week.. their new ipod minis will have flash drive instead of hard drive so they will be about 20% smaller and will have color screen. You might want to wait until those come out!
wink.gif

oh wow! Thanks for the INFO LILLY..........How did you know this about the new release?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) oh wow! Thanks for the INFO LILLY..........How did you know this about the new release? LOL! My bf is a computer geek and checks ipod forums all the time (he even invested in Apple)!
icon_redface.gif

thanks for the info, girls, because i was actually thinking of getting one myself! i'll wait for the colored screen one. anymore info on it? ask your boyfriend to keep us updated
wink.gif

It's finally here!!! The new iPod is called iPod NANO. It's super thin and has color screen. Unfortunately, those articles online were wrong about the speculation and iPod minis will be DISCONTINUED. But I think I'm gonna get the new iPod nano.. it's soo cute! :icon_love Also in black.

ipod1.jpg

ipod2.jpg

You can read more about it on apple website:

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Originally Posted by lilyindavis Unfortunately, those articles online were wrong about the speculation and iPod minis will be DISCONTINUED. Nooooo!!! I've only had mine since February
icon_cry.gif
I guess I should go out and buy up any accesories I want before they disappear. I got the pink mini so my husband wouldn't try to steal it from me
icon_lol.gif

I love the black one. I wish the 20G fourth generation one came in black.

And for the Harry Potter fans.

iphp_topbanner.jpg

newcloseup.jpg

And now available on your phone too...

indextopwin20050907.jpg

I don't know much about iPods but my husband surprised me with one for our anniversary. :icon_love

He got me the 30 gig iPod Photo and it holds 7,500 songs.
icon_eek.gif

I really didn't want this one since its way more than what I needed but he got a good deal on it anyway, so be it.

I have some photos stored on it but if that's a deciding factor, I wouldn't get it. The photos aren't really large enough to see since the screen is small and even though its like carrying around a protable phot albumn, (yes, its nice) I don't really use the photo part. I only stored some photos just to see what the quality is. Its "eh".

I think for a young boy a smaller iPod is more practical and useful - meaning the mini or the shuffle.

thanks so much, lily! sorry i didn't see those links you posted earlier. i don't know how i missed it.

i just ordered the black nano with 1,000 songs. thanks again!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I would really like to get a IPod but instead I have a Playstation Portable or a PSP. because the screen of the ipod is tiny while the screen of the PSP is a lot bigger. No hard feelings people.

Originally Posted by jamie18meng I would really like to get a IPod but instead I have a Playstation Portable or a PSP. because the screen of the ipod is tiny while the screen of the PSP is a lot bigger. No hard feelings people. I actually had a PSP for a while too, but I didn't use many of its features (I never played games or watched movies on it) so I went back to my iPod. PSP is an all around entertainment system that some might appreciate.

Originally Posted by lilyindavis I actually had a PSP for a while too, but I didn't use many of its features (I never played games or watched movies on it) so I went back to my iPod. PSP is an all around entertainment system that some might appreciate. I understand whith what u are saying.I have one game for the PSP that I like. but currently I have no movies on the PSP.in my opinion I also like Ipods but my dad got me a PSP because it is bigger than a IPod.No offense. Thanks

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) PSP, is way bigger than that new ipod tho... Tony the PSP screen is bigger than the Ipod or ipod mini. Just to let you know. Thanks

Latest posts

Back