Is Allure on crack?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The most recent issue had me rofl! Some of the stuff they feature is outrageous.. I mean, who is their target audience, Paris Hilton??
icon_lol.gif

Now, coupled with the fact that a lot of items are very expensive, many of them are *ugly* - no, make that FUGLY! LOL If being rich means that you suddenly start buying overpriced, fugly stuff, then may I never get to be that rich - EVER! LOL

Some especially funny stuff could be found in their "gift idea" section... such as a Chanel rabbit fur bag for over $1,000; a Louis Vuitton gold charm bracelet and monogrammed box for over $24,4000; and my personal fave, a Dior cocktail ring for the mere price of $70,700... come on ladies (and gent), who wants one? I'm buying!
icon_lol.gif

I get that they're trying to show unique items, and that they know that most of us won't be buying that ring for a gift, but c'mon! Give us some actual ideas, people!
biggrin.gif

Ok, rant over.
icon_redface.gif

Amen, sista!

Uber-expensive gift ideas belong in Vogue & Elle; not Aluure.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire I get that they're trying to show unique items, and that they know that most of us won't be buying that ring for a gift, but c'mon! Give us some actual ideas, people!
biggrin.gif

Ok, rant over.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by melzie_fire Some especially funny stuff could be found in their "gift idea" section... such as a Chanel rabbit fur bag for over $1,000; a Louis Vuitton gold charm bracelet and monogrammed box for over $24,4000; and my personal fave, a Dior cocktail ring for the mere price of $70,700... come on ladies (and gent), who wants one? I'm buying!
icon_lol.gif

if you're sponsoring, i'll take one!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

seriously, those sound a bit outlandish. i haven't seen this issue yet (i usually get it mid-month
icon_mad.gif
) & will be prepared for a great laugh. i've become increasingly frustrated w/Allure b/c it's going downhill. i'm finding there are many other magazines out there that market to ALL budgets.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire and my personal fave, a Dior cocktail ring for the mere price of $70,700... come on ladies (and gent), who wants one? I'm buying!
icon_lol.gif
LMAO! $70,700, no problem.. I'll have 3 of those please
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That's ridiculous. How much money do they think their AVERAGE reader has??? Gift ideas like that are not gift ideas like, you said, since not too many people can buy a ring for $70,700.

I agree with you Melzie.

I just bought an issue of SHOP etc. think its a premiere issue but not sure. They mainly focus on beauty, home and fashion. I think they got the idea off Lucky magazine. Anyway, was not impressed at all. Prices were a bit outrageous and there was not one item that really got my eye. On the upside, they do have a section with coupons such as 25% off Mexx, 10% off Target, 15% off Aerosoles etc. All in all, I wouldnt buy it again.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire The most recent issue had me rofl! Some of the stuff they feature is outrageous.. I mean, who is their target audience, Paris Hilton??
icon_lol.gif

Now, coupled with the fact that a lot of items are very expensive, many of them are *ugly* - no, make that FUGLY! LOL If being rich means that you suddenly start buying overpriced, fugly stuff, then may I never get to be that rich - EVER! LOL

Some especially funny stuff could be found in their "gift idea" section... such as a Chanel rabbit fur bag for over $1,000; a Louis Vuitton gold charm bracelet and monogrammed box for over $24,4000; and my personal fave, a Dior cocktail ring for the mere price of $70,700... come on ladies (and gent), who wants one? I'm buying!
icon_lol.gif

I get that they're trying to show unique items, and that they know that most of us won't be buying that ring for a gift, but c'mon! Give us some actual ideas, people!
biggrin.gif

Ok, rant over.
icon_redface.gif

I get the SHOP etc magazine and I agree with you about the magazine not being that good especially compared to Lucky. The only good thing about the SHOP etc. magazine is the coupons. I won't be renewing my subscription.

Latest posts

Back