Is Fashion meant to be Cute or Classy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Interesting topic here: Do you think fashion is made out to be cute or classy? I say that fashion is all about originality. Some women or girls can wear the same outfit and it may look cute on the girl but doesn't do anything for the woman. It's all about knowing what looks good on your body type and being original. What's your opinion on that?

I think Fashion is whatever you make it. There are days I look cute, classy, sexy, avante garde, retro...the ideas and inspiration are endless with fashion.

I agree that fashion is about knowing your body and what looks good on it, but I don't like the term 'original' - a lot of fashion magazines have those pictures of people photographed on the street who are supposed to be fashion savvy, and they look attrocious - they're wearing what no one else would because it looks awful. It is original, but not in a good way.

For me, fashion is about taking an item of clothing, and making it look good, whether that be in a cute way, a sexy way or a classy way. It's a twist on traditional clothes wearing that ends up giving an outfit a new and fresh look.

Well to me anyway
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think Fashion is whatever you make it. There are days I look cute, classy, sexy, avante garde, retro...the ideas and inspiration are endless with fashion. ditto for me!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think Fashion is whatever you make it. There are days I look cute, classy, sexy, avante garde, retro...the ideas and inspiration are endless with fashion. me too

The word 'fashion' is too overrated. Fashion is your own PERSONAL style. Not you go out buying a $500 dress b/c Jessica Simpson is wearing it.

Fashion to me is meant to represent your personal style. I don't like when i see 10 girls wearing basically the same thing. Pisses me off. where is the creativity? where is the personal touch? A person is not fashionable if they wear what they think they are supposed to wear. A person is in fashion, in my opinion, when they express themselves through their clothing.

Originally Posted by adrianavanessa /img/forum/go_quote.gif The word 'fashion' is too overrated. Fashion is your own PERSONAL style. Not you go out buying a $500 dress b/c Jessica Simpson is wearing it. My thoughts exactly.

::Cool High five and finger snaps::

I think it's about owning your look. Being confident in everything you wear. Not jumping on the trend bandwagon but always being in fashion because you buy the clothes that look like they were made for you. With that comes the classy part.

True fashion is simply art on the human body. That being said, fashion doesn't even have to be beautiful (isn't that sad???). Granted, most of the people involved in the world want it to be (and I do too), but some fashions, one for instance Punk, are built around *non* beauty, just like some art forms are. Fashion is self-expression. And sometimes we ourselves have something else to express that is more important than just beauty.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Fashion is 'all of the above'. I agree!!

Fashion is dressing your body in art form. Knowing your body, what looks good and what is just terrible. Not following trends, unless they look great on you. Finding a good look, accessorizing it, and above you wear those clothes--do not let the clothes overpower or wear you. Whatever you put on, make it Speak Your Name!!!!!

I totally agree. Fashion is all about finding out what style best suits you. I think its great that people can express themselves through fashion.

Fashion and makeup should be Classy and Sexy. Those two items together should always make the wearer feel that she is both desirable and classy, and there is no contradiction in wanting to be both classy and DESIRABLE, but class, elegance and morals comes first. I know, after my spouses death, I went in the wrong direction, but now I am better and putting first things first.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think Fashion is whatever you make it. There are days I look cute, classy, sexy, avante garde, retro...the ideas and inspiration are endless with fashion. Ditto!

Latest posts

Back