Is it true your hair grows to a certain length and stops?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've read before that people have genetically predetermined lenghts that their hair will grow to, and once at that length, their hair stops growing. True?

Obviously, I know that *some* people can grow their hair suuuuper long (Crystal Gale always comes to mind!) but can everyone? I would assume so, but after reading that, it made me wonder.
icon_confused.gif

Hmmm... good question! I know my hair was down to my butt when I was little, but ever since that first dramatic cut... it really hasn't gotten much longer than mid-back (bra level LOL) and seems to stay pretty much there.. maybe an inch or two longer... I am trying to grow it as long as possible, but since EasyStraight, it's so damaged, that the ends keep splitting and I have to keep trimming. So it really hasn't had a chance to really grow that much. I actually just cut off another inch or so the other day - so now its just at the bottom of my bra LOL Hopefully one day I'll be able to sit on it. That's my dream... lol But drying that straight must be a nightmare!!! LOL
icon_cool.gif

Back