Is MUFE the only liquid foundation that photographs well with flash photography?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have my regular everyday foundations that I absolutely love. I want a foundation that I can feel confident about being photographed in when I'm having a night out.

So far, Bobbi Brown's oil free tinted moisturizer is the only thing that can pass. If I need concealer, it shows up in the pictures.

I want something with a little more coverage. that won't break my face out.

suggestions??

If your concealer is showing up in photo you are using the wrong color and the wrong value. Any foundation that looks smooth on your skin will photograph well,I us Loreal True Match, Revlon Color Stay, Sephora's and Laura Mercier's silk cream and oil free, not to mention a number of cream foundations.When you are selecting a concealer test it on your hand next to a swipe of your foundation { make them thick} squint your eyes the concealer should only be about 1 to 2 shades lighter than your foundation, if your discoloration still shows through you need to put in more of a fleshy peach tone,set with powder a no color powder but not the MFE hi def powder, it comes up too hot in photos.

Blend your concealer with a bit of foundation, for the color issue. Anything without SPF will photograph well. Makeup Forever is great, so is Lancôme Teint Idole. I prefer this last foundation because it feels better on the skin than Mufe's HD foundation.

There was one foundation that even with SPF photographed perfectly, but sadly, it's not available anymore. I'm talking about Chanel Pro Lumiere, and I've heard the new one (Perfection Lumiere) doesn't even come close to being as good--haven't tried it though, so I can't be the judge.

MUFE indeed photographs quite nicely, but I've decided that the secret mostly lies in the powder that you use, unless you don't use any. Don't ever use Mineral Powder for photography, and also stay away from "white" powders, like the MUFE one. It'll show up really badly at photos.

The one I'm most impressed with is CHANEL powder. It's quite expensive, but it lasts forever and does its job marvelously. I always use it for weddings, the pictures come out fabulous! Now, I wouldn't dare use any other powder for photography. I've used it over several foundations (high end and drugstore) and I'm always satisfied with the results.

Thank You!

I just bought the Chanel Perfection Lumeire and the MUFE. I really like them both. The Chanel foundation looks really pretty in person but it doesnt photograph well (w/flash). So I know this wouldn't be my going out foundation since it has a slight white cast.

I got a sample of the MUFE HD foundation, MAC match master & pro longwear over the weekend. My husband took some pics of me with a flash in bright light, low light and MUFE looked perfect. So I bought the full size and I'm so happy!

As far as powders, gossmakeupartist uses the MUFE loose powder. He did a demo with flash photography vs the HD powder and it didnt give a white cast at all.

Latest posts

Back