Is something wrong with my Urban Decay palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!!! I just bought an Urban Decay palette last weekend, the one with the mini UDPP...but I think something's wrong with it. For one, the UDPP bottle barely had any product in it...I looked inside the bottle and it looked kind of dried out, and everytime I apply it, there's barely any product on the applicator itself. I don't know if that's the way they come, or if someone had used and returned the palette I ended up buying.

And then, the shadows barely, I mean barely show up on my skin. All I did was put a little bit of UDPP on my lids, then the shadows. I had to layer on three or four times per eye in order to get enough pigmentation. I expected more from a product that is not a drugstore brand.

So my question is, is something wrong with this particular palette that I bought? I have heard rave reviews about UDPP and Urban Decay e/s, so I'm really thinking the product is defective in some way. Would Ulta let me return/exchange an opened item? Any advice and input would be appreciated. TIA!!
smile.gif

U know I also bought a one and I got the same thing. Very dry and hardly any primer potion in the bottle. I do have a full size bottle so I was not discouraged about it. I have not used all the shadows yet, but so far I like them.

I think there must be something wrong... the UDPP is definitely not supposed to be like that and I've tried their e/s and they're very pigmented. Hope you can return it or exchange it for another one. I don't know anything about Ulta since I don't have that here.

I think you should return it. UDPP should not be dry.

Ulta will let you return it.

I agree it shouldn't be like that, I've never used UDPP but the eyeshadows are very pigmented. You should return it!

I was looking to purchase that same palette. The e/s should be very pigmented. UD is one of my fav's.

Does the primer have a plastic insert in the top? (To pull excess off the wand) try taking that out....

I have a diff. UD palette and the shadows are very pigmented, so I would think their others would be as well. I say you return or exchange it, your UDPP should not be dry as well. I received a tiny sample size bottle like that and it was fine, not all dried out and I have not yet had to take out the plastic insert, so I think something is wrong with yours, that just does not sound *normal*

It sounds like there's something wrong with your palette, the udpp should not be dry.

You must have gotten a bad one. Don't let that turn you off of UD>...UD eyeshadows are my favorite. So pigmented, and I do actually get compliments when I wear it

As above, there's probably something wrong, I have UDPP and swear by it and definitely shouldn't be dry - it's really really creamy and just glides on the lids! Only have one UD shadow, and it is very pigmented. I would take it back to the store...I know for hygiene reasons stores don't usually accept this sort of product back, however, I would show them just how dry the product is, etc. if they do try to argue. It's a problem with the product which occurred before you bought it, so really they should let you exchange it.

I just got mine in today from sephora.com. The shadows are VERY pigmented so if they are not showing up something is wrong. The Primer potion is creamy, but it looks like there isn't much in that little bottle :lol. But I get the full size anyway, so I didn't care.

I forgot to mentiom before...you said there was hardly any product in the UDPP. Is it the mini version you bought? The bottle for UDPP is a lil deceiving - it's a straight tube of primer inside, it isn't curved etc. like the exterior of the bottle. So I would expect the mini version to have hardly any primer inside. Or maybe it's because it actually has dried up, like you mentioned before.

I would exchange it. My palette has a good color payoff. I haven't opened the UDPP yet.

the small PPs are all bull. there's nothing in there. i've gone through hundreds of them at work.

the palette SUCKS on lighter skintones. i'm not sure which skintone you are, but when i bought it, i returned it. on my darker skintone coworkers, the color is VIBRANT! i had to get off so many layers to get just a little color to show on my lids. i was disappointed in this palette!

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif the small PPs are all bull. there's nothing in there. i've gone through hundreds of them at work.
the palette SUCKS on lighter skintones. i'm not sure which skintone you are, but when i bought it, i returned it. on my darker skintone coworkers, the color is VIBRANT! i had to get off so many layers to get just a little color to show on my lids. i was disappointed in this palette!

My skintone is light and the colors are very vibrant to me. I also checked on makeup alley and the rating for the palette is near 5.0. Weird.

I picked up midnight cowboy and midnight cowboy rides again yesterday cuz I got a sephora gift card and have been wanting to try them . They are both way too glittery and show barely any color. I have goddess and I love it, but both of these new shadows only look like silver glitter and nothing else. I'm taking them both back tomorrow. I even tried the midnight cowboy shade on in the store and it looked good under those lights, but really bad once i got home.

I never tried/bought those products before, but it definitely doesn't sound 'right'. Well the UDPP that is.

well now i'm not so encouraged in buying a UD palette, but i agree your UDPP shouldn't be like that.

Doesn't sound right at all! UDPP makes everything show up better when I use it, and UD e/s are pretty good quality.

Take it back and see if they will do anything about it?

xxx

Latest posts

Back