• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Is swapping dead?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gosh, what can we do to bump up the swap action on this board? I wanna swap!
icon_cry.gif
I dont know for what. I just like viewing swap lists and seeing if there's something new that I'd like to try. I also wanna do some RAOKs, but hardly anyone has items on their wishlists. Dont MuT ladies like to swap?
icon_cry.gif

i would swap, but i like the things i buy, so i don't have anything to swap. lol. i think i have a few things up for swap though.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU

Gosh, what can we do to bump up the swap action on this board? I wanna swap!
icon_cry.gif
I dont know for what. I just like viewing swap lists and seeing if there's something new that I'd like to try. I also wanna do some RAOKs, but hardly anyone has items on their wishlists. Dont MuT ladies like to swap?
icon_cry.gif

This is a good question...who knows. There are many swaps up...but dunno

I've been swapping on that other site because it is busier. I should probably do a wishlist and a swap list here too. I'd much rather swap with people here, but it just seems so slow.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I've been swapping on that other site because it is busier. I should probably do a wishlist and a swap list here too. I'd much rather swap with people here, but it just seems so slow. I know!!! I updated my swap list but no body sends me swap requests!
icon_cry.gif

I noticed that too. Doesn't seem like much is going on in the swaps area. I posted two items and not ONE request.. and one is a MAC quad the other is a BeneFit item.. zip! zilch! Zero... and yes, i am guilty of swapping --ahem-- over there too..
icon_redface.gif

I have never swapped or sold anything online before,i never knew this was a big normal thing.i have to go thru my stuff and see what i could swap,i have alot BE extras
icon_biggrin.gif

I was on a swapping break for the past few months, swapped a few times on another site & now im having trouble with 2 girls so i've been kinda turned off swapping again!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Sorry Mac4me. We just aren't clearly as busy as the other site, maybe someday
4_9_16.gif
36_2_58.gif
4_9_8.gif
4_9_7.gif
36_2_52.gif
36_19_5.gif
36_2_5.gif

Tony- PFFFFFFFFFFTT! I actually was there before here. But i am HERE more then there AND i take people from THERE and bring em here.. I know, like laura said, i got burnt in the swapping deal too. I lost about 100$ worth of Urban Decay and got about 3$ worth in return. So.. im not hopping to swap, but i do put stuff up here.. I guess alot of people rely on MuT for the good stuff and the "other" for swapping.. hmm, we gotta change that! BUT! Be glad that no MuT is on the site that talks about problem swapping!

Yeah, same here. That's the ONLY reason I go there. I love MuT and I would much prefer to swap here too!! I'm gonna brainstorm. There HAS to be something to get people interested in swapping. I find it fun. I hope others will too!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I've been swapping on that other site because it is busier. I should probably do a wishlist and a swap list here too. I'd much rather swap with people here, but it just seems so slow.

Originally Posted by MacForMe

Tony- PFFFFFFFFFFTT! I actually was there before here. But i am HERE more then there AND i take people from THERE and bring em here.. I know, like laura said, i got burnt in the swapping deal too. I lost about 100$ worth of Urban Decay and got about 3$ worth in return. So.. im not hopping to swap, but i do put stuff up here.. I guess alot of people rely on MuT for the good stuff and the "other" for swapping.. hmm, we gotta change that! BUT! Be glad that no MuT is on the site that talks about problem swapping!

Thank you very much for your kind words
smile.gif
Thanks for bringing people over too... (HUGS)

Well why dont we try to boost this action by just updating our wishlists? I'm sure that there are things we'd all like to try. And who knows? If we update our wishlists, someone might have what you want and you can possibly get it without shelling out the cash for it if they in turn have something to trade. Let's update our wishlists from time to time. there's nothing to lose by that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
This can really be fun if we'd give it a chance. I'm tired of going to that other board!
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU

Well why dont we try to boost this action by just updating our wishlists? I'm sure that there are things we'd all like to try. And who knows? If we update our wishlists, someone might have what you want and you can possibly get it without shelling out the cash for it if they in turn have something to trade. Let's update our wishlists from time to time. there's nothing to lose by that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
This can really be fun if we'd give it a chance. I'm tired of going to that other board!
icon_sad.gif

IT's a good idea Tracy! Also maybe stick your wishlist link in your signature and post all over the boards...that will generate some interest...maybe

Thanks Tony!! The link placed in my signature is a great idea! I'm gonna try that!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) IT's a good idea Tracy! Also maybe stick your wishlist link in your signature and post all over the boards...that will generate some interest...maybe

I think I have a few things up for swap. I don't think anyone has contacted me about them yet. I've only swapped once here with Laura
biggrin.gif
I definitely would love to swap here if I had anything to swap. I trust you guys more!

I don't go to the other site. I'm scared of being swaplifted. and people prolly wouldn't swap with me since I only have like one feedback. lol

I was wondering this myself. I posted a bunch of stuff and never one private message. And I'm pretty sure I did it right. Swapping must not be popular here (I'm guessing)

Our swapping board isn't as busy at the moment as others. I rarely get requests anymore so what i do is send requests myself. However some people have swaplists up but havent logged on to MuT in ages so sometimes i dont hear back from people!

Not dead but maybe sleeping in a little? I did swap alot on that other board. But had been "burned" too many times. And currently, finishing up chemo & radiation so immune system is down so really can't look for anything but in pristine condition. Although, I keep looking through my items and am itching to try so much...so maybe I'll be back on the swap thing pretty soon.

Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23 I was wondering this myself. I posted a bunch of stuff and never one private message. And I'm pretty sure I did it right. Swapping must not be popular here (I'm guessing) I want your MAC brush.. but i can't seem to find your wishlist!

Latest posts

Back