Is this a decent price?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok im having a few big nights out in oct, Ive bought new MU, Clothes had new hair color should I get my nails done too?

They was quite long and today I snapped 2 of my longest nails! to the point where it hurt cus the skin was stuck and it looked stupid so I cut them all short.

Now theres a place Ive found that does nail extensions for 20.00 and if it your first visit to them you get free nail art of your choice! Ive never ever had my nails done before is this a reasonable price for that?

wow that's an awesome price!!

here in Kelowna they are anywhere from $35 to $80 per set.. lol

Just make sure they are well recommended,

Or if they are quite new ask them how they sanitize their implements and make sure they don't hack your natural nails with an electric file.. (however using the electric file on the acrylic nail itself is okay)

Because even though it's inexpensive you want to make sure your 20$ isn't going towards creating a sore mess
smile.gif

I hope i'm not scaring you but i used to do nails and people would have them done and say "wow, it doesn't hurt at all when you do it" or "yay, my cuticles aren't all bloody" and then i was like "What?? has it hurt to get them done before?" needless to say i was shocked..

It probably won't be a problem.. but mabey just ask your friends or someone if they've had their nails done there before
smile.gif

Hey, i just realized that you probably meant 20 GBP rather than dollars
wink.gif

So i'm thinking it's about average, a good average though
smile.gif

My friend had hers done there and they looked great, I dont think id get the nail art though.. I just wanted a french manicure, Its the cheapest Ive found upto now.

Im not sure how they do it though? Do they have to file my nails really short or anything

The going rate in metro/DC is $17.00 a set w/art white airbrush only. These's so much competition.

Originally Posted by southcitybabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif My friend had hers done there and they looked great, I dont think id get the nail art though.. I just wanted a french manicure, Its the cheapest Ive found upto now.
Im not sure how they do it though? Do they have to file my nails really short or anything

okay, well that sounds great than
smile.gif
yep they do have to file them short to get the tip on..

unless you get an overlay (over your own nails)

Or they can sculpt with a form.. then they put a sticky form under your nail and build on top of that, without having to take away length from your natural nail..

They will gently buff your whole nailplate, but that's only so that the nail will stick (smooth can't adhere to smooth)
smile.gif

If the nail art is offered for free, i'd go for it!

have fun! and show us some pics of the end result
smile.gif

Sounds like a good price. I hate the way that fake nails feel. But a lot of my friends love them.

I can grow my own but I can NOT keep them all the same length, Ive decided to get them done this week as they was real long when i did this topic so didnt bother, now I've just snapped about 3-4 of my longest and im going away next week,

at least i wont have to paint them myself
smile.gif

Back