Is this a foundation problem or a skin problem?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've a question that's a bit more complicated than it seems at first, though lets start at the beginning.

I shower in the morning and use a face wash while in the shower. Once I get out I use an acne treatment (salicylic acid gel) on my problem areas (cheeks, chin, forehead), and proceed with a moisturizer. Currently I'm using Clinic Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I have Oily to Combination skin, if that makes a difference.

So after I use these products I let them set for a bit while I go about getting ready for my day (hair, clothes, etc). I come back a while later to apply makeup. I have both liquid and powder foundation and I switch it up depending on what I'm facing that day. It applying fairly smooth over my entire face - except my nose. As soon as I put either product on my nose it instantly cakes up and looks like my nose has the worst sunburn and is peeling like mad.

Any thoughts?

Does your nose turn red and do you use a primer? Maybe a primer would help create a smooth surface for the foundation. You may want to switch if you're experiencing an allergic reaction. What brand of products do you use?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does your nose turn red and do you use a primer? Maybe a primer would help create a smooth surface for the foundation. You may want to switch if you're experiencing an allergic reaction. What brand of products do you use?
Red nose - It's hard to tell. My face (and skin in general for that matter) has incredible amounts of red present even when it's not inflamed or "upset".

Primer - No. I'm trying to find one.

Brands - Maybelline, Neutragena, and Covergirl is what I've used.

Back