Is this true?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As you all may know I bought my first bottle of Bedhead, Self absorbed. I wasn't able to get the conditioner because all they had was one single bottle of shampoo and nothing else(TJ Maxx) Well yesterday I went to cost cutters in walmart to see what they had because I had noticed they had some Big Bottles of Bedhead Shampoo and conditioner for only $19.95. Well they didn't have any in self Absorbed unless I wanted to get the small shampoo and conditioner for 12.95. Well I made the choice to get the oatmeal and honey because of the value. The Lady there told me that once you use one shampoo for a while you need to change it up because it will leave buildup on your hair. This seemed a little odd to me, but not knowing I wanted to ask you all what you think....Is it true? Should I be changing it up? Thanks in advance!

NOT TRUE

that is just a myth. if you are rinsing thourougly than you should not have a problem with build up. Further more the goal of shampo on a micro scopic level is that there is esentialy a binder on one end that the dirt and grime hold on to, and the molecules are water disolveable and that is how shampoo works to get rid of build up.

and since the molecules will not all the suden change it is safe to say you can use the same shampoo as long as you would like

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif NOT TRUE
that is just a myth. if you are rinsing thourougly than you should not have a problem with build up. Further more the goal of shampo on a micro scopic level is that there is esentialy a binder on one end that the dirt and grime hold on to, and the molecules are water disolveable and that is how shampoo works to get rid of build up.

and since the molecules will not all the suden change it is safe to say you can use the same shampoo as long as you would like

great explanation!

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif NOT TRUE

DITTO!!!! <3 bedhead!!!!!!!
laughing.gif

I am not sure if it's true or not but all I know is when I was still using shampoos with silicons in them I'd always need to switch shampoos everynow and then to have my hair look good.

Has anyone used the new Herbal Essence degunkify yet? I'm going to use it just to try to take away any build up. If you have tried it, is it any good?

I have used the herbal essense and it does clean anything bad out of your hair, it works well my hair is so shiny and full after. I use it once a week.

I find that over time my hair stops reacting to the shampoo as well.. like it takes a lot less time before it gets greasy again, so I always rotate mine. That's just a personal thing, it has no scientific basis
biggrin.gif

Ditto on it being a myth. I forget the real deal behind that, but it's definitely myth.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find that over time my hair stops reacting to the shampoo as well.. like it takes a lot less time before it gets greasy again, so I always rotate mine. That's just a personal thing, it has no scientific basis
biggrin.gif
i've noticed that too, with my l'oréal and pantene shampoos. i used to rotate them, but now that i've found a good shampoo that won't grease my hair over time, i stick to it (this one is aloe vera and kiwi based and is from Melvita, a french organic brand).

It really depends on the person. You cant flat out say its a myth because everyone has a different hair texture. Some hair absorbs shampoos well and others need to switch it up. What I normally do is change my shampoo with the seasons. Like in the Spring and Summer I will use Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner. Then for the Fall and Winter I will use Redken Clear Moisture Shampoo and All Soft Conditioner. The reason I do this is because All Soft sometimes gets "too soft" and plus, Clear Moisture works the best in the Winter because there is not a whole lot of moisture in the air so it just replenishes the hair
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find that over time my hair stops reacting to the shampoo as well.. like it takes a lot less time before it gets greasy again, so I always rotate mine. That's just a personal thing, it has no scientific basis
biggrin.gif
i have to totally agree with this, i experience this too

IF you feel like you need to change out or need a good clarifing shampoo, suave is a good one. I used to the Herbal Essence degunkify and went back to the suave. And I use Bed Head at all other times. I use all their stuff.

Latest posts

Back