Is wrinkle treatment effective?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Hi,

I'm just 30 and recently I noticed two fine lines under my eyes. I never used anti-wrinkle cream and assumed that they were a scam. Now I regret it. After 6 months I'm getting married to my boyfriend. What will I do with these wrinkles? I decided to undergo wrinkle treatment. I consulted a [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]wrinkle treatment clinic in Toronto.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I enquired about the treatment process. They said the effects of injections are quick and painless. Even the effect of injections lasts for several months. I plan to undergo it by next week. Does anyone know about this service? Please share your views.

Thank You![/SIZE]

Heidi is absolutely correct. And when you use any product with a retinoid, please check the ingredients listing. To be effective, it must be within the first six ingredients - otherwise there is not enough to have any effect!

I'm 49 and I've been using retin-A for 4 years. It helped with crepie skin under my eyes as well as wrinkles around my eyes. The biggest visible difference for me is my hooded eyes are lifted and the smile lines are less prominent . I used to order it from an international pharmacy, but now I get it thru Curology.

I started using Differin as an anti-aging cream as it is an over the counter and inexpensive retinoid. I use a very small amount every other night as it can cause irritation and peeling in high amounts and you have to start slowly to acclimate your skin.

This video explains the difference between Retin A, Retinoids and Retinol if you want to learn more.

bit.ly/3SVfTXT

There are procedures that can reduce or even get rid of wrinkles.
The retinoids
This is by far the most successful medical procedure for improving aging symptoms like uneven pigmentation, roughness, and wrinkles.

Alpha-hydroxy acids
These are among these so-called "fruit acids." The preparations that contain these fruit acids are perfectly harmless and only mildly and transiently irritate the skin.

Antioxidants
These include beta-carotene and vitamins A, C, and E. Antioxidant-containing products may offer some level of sun protection and slightly reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

Injections
Some injections, such as Botox, relax the muscles that cause the "frown lines" on the forehead, fine lines around the eyes, and other wrinkles.
it's better to consult a doctor before starting to apply these.

Back