Isn't it kinda sad that...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking today (and i rarely do that!!) that how sad is it, no matter what outcome of the 2004 Presidential Election, almost 50% of the people of America are gonna be pi**ed off over the result..

Hope ye are all out voting as i type this now!

VOTE KERRY!!!

Its very exciting watching this on tv.

Thats sooooo Irish lol and i love it.

VOTE FOR THE KERRYMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted tonight... only one on line for my district!! Verrry nice! In & Out in 5 mins.! Although my parents were a little pissed at my kerry vote... (We're all usually Repub's) lol

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk VOTE FOR THE KERRYMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!

Its a sad day in history Laura. I had been up all night hoping for a different outcome. I guess there is nothing we can do now but brace ourselves for 4 more years of the same BS!!

I say Hilary in 2008!!!!!

Originally Posted by laura127 I was thinking today (and i rarely do that!!) that how sad is it, no matter what outcome of the 2004 Presidential Election, almost 50% of the people of America are gonna be pi**ed off over the result..

VOTE KERRY!!!

Yes we were all gutted in the UK and i think i can speak for most of Europe judging by the radio, newspaper and tv interviews, calls and letters.

We now have news of 3 British soldiers killed from the black watch regiment which is so wrong.

Im just glad i dont live in the USA anymore and i hope that Bush calms down on his warlust and starts to realise that it does matter what other countries think. He is a chimpanzee .
icon_cry.gif
icon_mad.gif

I hope Guilliani runs in 08' - he'd be awesome! Everyone thinks Kerry is such a "liar" - why, I have no idea, but judging from his speech on Wednesday about conceding on the outcome of the Election... I think he was truly genuine in his feelings about not being able to do what he wanted for our country. I actually felt really bad for the guy. I was upset that he didn't win (although the rest of my family were happy - they wanted Bush to win) but I really thought that his speech was coming from his heart. You could tell that every word he said was genuine. I really believed that he wanted to change America for the better - help people who can't afford to pay for healthcare, and to finally give the middle class a break. Just because he married rich - doesn't mean he was born that way. Hell, if I found a millionaire I wouldn't care.... but for the majority of us little people who work all day & all week long... he really seemed to want to give us a little reward for all we do. I read about the healthcare refunds that Bush is supposedly going to give people that pay their own healthcare.... well I guess I'll believe that when I get my check in the mail. Even though I get Insurance through work... I'm still paying 70% of it out of pocket... and at $400+ a month... a little $ back would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully Kerry will run again someday, and maybe then the outcome will be different. Until then, I guess all we can do is wonder 'what if'...

Hilary scares me - I think Guilliani would be excellent, though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva Its a sad day in history Laura. I had been up all night hoping for a different outcome. I guess there is nothing we can do now but brace ourselves for 4 more years of the same BS!!
I say Hilary in 2008!!!!!

guilliani? guilliani???? ok.....i disagree there. hes on my political shit list, not trailing too far behind dubya, rumraisinfeld, and cunnilingus rice.

i dont know about hillary. well, id vote for her, but i dont think she could realistically win. id almost vote for a republican man of color over a white democratic candidate. well, not after this debacle, but i hope i see a person of color in office in my lifetime.

OOOOoooOO she said Cunnilingus!!!

LOL Anyhow I bet he'll run

Originally Posted by haloinrverse

guilliani? guilliani???? ok.....i disagree there. hes on my political shit list, not trailing too far behind dubya, rumraisinfeld, and cunnilingus rice.
i dont know about hillary. well, id vote for her, but i dont think she could realistically win. id almost vote for a republican man of color over a white democratic candidate. well, not after this debacle, but i hope i see a person of color in office in my lifetime.

LOL, can you guess that I didn't vote that way and either did 59,459,765 other people
icon_cheesygrin.gif

usa_election_map.jpg

Originally Posted by laura127

I was thinking today (and i rarely do that!!) that how sad is it, no matter what outcome of the 2004 Presidential Election, almost 50% of the people of America are gonna be pi**ed off over the result..

VOTE KERRY!!!

59,459,765 gullible people

usa_election_map.jpg

(Watch Farenheit 9/11 & decide for yourself... oh yeah, that's a "Phony" movie... I forgot -
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

And actually - I just finished watching it for the first time about 15 min. ago... and I'm glad my vote went where it did. I am also glad I let my friend talk me out of joining the Air Force. (Which he is currently serving in now - and I will thank him forever for that bit of advice)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

OMG Fara911? LOL I have seen it, Mike Moore is so funny and such a good exonerator at best. If we went to war for oil, where is it??? We pay alot for gas out here 250/gl
icon_redface.gif

In all fairness, you have to watch FarenHYPE 911. It tells the truth about Mr. Moore.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

59,459,765 gullible people
usa_election_map.jpg

(Watch Farenheit 9/11 & decide for yourself... oh yeah, that's a "Phony" movie... I forgot -
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

Yeah but the movie isn't about Michael moore - it's footage of bush, his people, and the people all over the country that his choices have affected. I mean Bozo the clown could've made the movie... does it matter? It's video of the things that the public doesn't really see... The only parts you really see Moore in is just asking people questions - and when he goes to ask the Congressmen if they would like to enlist THEIR kids into the Army. (None of which would, of course) other than that - He really wasn't focusing on himself... he just was pretty much telling what the videos were about - which most of had sound, so you can hear for yourself that he wasn't just making up stuff.... I liked it.. Very sad though towards the end w/ the woman who lost her son... feel bad -
icon_cry.gif

He didn't say that we started the war for oil - that it was just for a reason to bomb Iraq.... now it seems like its about oil - or why would he be sending out his oil companies there & concentrating so much on it? I doubt gas prices will go down until this whole thing is over (probably in 2008) when they have all the oil they could find over there. And even then we'll probably still pay over 2.00 a gallon.

Yup, seen it. Major propagandized. Like I said, you better also watch FarenHYPE911. It tells the story of his movie a wee bit better.

Well, at anyrate, you'll be safer now

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Yeah but the movie isn't about Michael moore - it's footage of bush, his people, and the people all over the country that his choices have affected. I mean Bozo the clown could've made the movie... does it matter? It's video of the things that the public doesn't really see... The only parts you really see Moore in is just asking people questions - and when he goes to ask the Congressmen if they would like to enlist THEIR kids into the Army. (None of which would, of course) other than that - He really wasn't focusing on himself... he just was pretty much telling what the videos were about - which most of had sound, so you can hear for yourself that he wasn't just making up stuff.... I liked it.. Very sad though towards the end w/ the woman who lost her son... feel bad -
icon_cry.gif

But.. in all honesty - I would really like to know what he has done for a middle class, non -business owning, unmarried, childless person like myself. Someone who doesn't benefit from Marriage penalties, child support aids, or tax cuts for people who's salary is over $100,000. I haven't noticed anything in my favor. I see all these things about things that can hinder people like me & things that can get the US in a lot more hot water w/ Foreign relations than I have seen good things. Someone tell me where I'm wrong here... because I'm certainly missing out of these benefits... maybe I forgot to get on line that day for my hand-outs.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Well, at anyrate, you'll be safer now Well, after the recent threats that target malls 5 miles from my house for Black Friday - I don't feel any safer.
icon_eek.gif
Even Bush supporters that I know aren't going out that day. Scary. Even scarier is that they were not going to tell the public for fear that we won't spend money & the economy would take a hit - Sure, when I'm dead from a chemical attack I'll feel proud that my $50 GAP purchase helped our economy.

Although it was stated a few weeks ago - there are still local people here trying to get the word out - whether it will happen or not... who knows, but this came from a credible LI source - and being it was also talked about on the news recently... who knows. But this is what I guess us Long Islanders can be on the lookout for. (and unfortunatly - the towns talked about in this excerpt are about 15 min. or less from where I live - so hopefully this wont' happen - athough I heard around town that a local livery company had 2 limo's stolen about 3 weeks ago
icon_confused.gif
)

>A couple of weeks ago someone was seen taking photos of my ambulance company in Bay Shore. This same person was seen outside Exchange Ambulance in Islip doing the same. The police were notified and the person was apprehended outside Southside hospital, again taking photos.

>He is a man of Middle Eastern descent and is being held for investigation. It seems that he was gathering information about our response capabilities in a mass casualty attack. The NY Field Office of the FBI held a meeting at Bay Shore Fire Department for officials from the local PD, EMS and FD's. They have information from this man and from their own intelligence that a mass attack is planned for Long Island. On Black Friday (November 26) 4 Long Island Malls are supposed to be hit simultaneously with chemical weapons.

>This would be the first time a chemical weapon is used in the United States. Forces from NYC and Washington DC would be diverted to aid here on Long Island leaving these areas vulnerable. A second attack would take place in these areas. Ever since 9/11 EMS has undergone extensive training on how to deal with a terrorist attack and to think it could really happen here is terrifying.

>There is also concern about car bombings as a large number of vehicles have gone missing in Nassau and Suffolk counties. Ambulances, taxi's, commercial vans and airport limos have been reported stolen. These vehicles look perfectly innocent driving through our neighborhoods and no one would think twice about seeing them.

Latest posts

Back