Issues with sleep.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all you beautyqueens out there!

I have been having a problem with my sleeppattern for quite a while now. I can fall asleep at 8pm in the evening, and wake up again at 11pm. From there I will be awake to about 3am, and sleep 'till 3pm in the day. I've tried alot of things, like taking a allnighter, to make me sleepy enough to sleep through the night, tried these "natural sleep teas", etc. So far, nothing has worked.

I've lost my loving little dog a month ago to a stroke, and I still feel alot of grief, and sadness about it, which has made my sleep worse. I have a depression, and is on medication, which I have to take before bedtime. The problem is that I can't really sleep. Do you have any suggestions? I'm going nuts here.

I'm sure you know things like: keep the bedroom just for sleeping and sex, don't exercise 3 hours before sleep, etc. But there are times that a doctor can help. Maybe you can get a prescription for 1-2 weeks that will help you sleep, and stay asleep and get your cycle back in balance..

8 O'clock is an early bedtime here, unless you have to get up really early for work. Maybe try staying up until 11, and you will be able to sleep 7-8 hours.

When I have trouble sleeping I use a small dose timed release Melatonin. You might try asking your doctor about it.

Warm milk, hot baths and smoothing massages work.

Have you googled the side effects of your anti-depression meds?  Maybe it is causing your sleeplessness?  If it is, maybe your doc can switch it for you.

Latest posts

Back