Issues with sleep.

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hello all you beautyqueens out there!

I have been having a problem with my sleeppattern for quite a while now. I can fall asleep at 8pm in the evening, and wake up again at 11pm. From there I will be awake to about 3am, and sleep 'till 3pm in the day. I've tried alot of things, like taking a allnighter, to make me sleepy enough to sleep through the night, tried these "natural sleep teas", etc. So far, nothing has worked.

I've lost my loving little dog a month ago to a stroke, and I still feel alot of grief, and sadness about it, which has made my sleep worse. I have a depression, and is on medication, which I have to take before bedtime. The problem is that I can't really sleep. Do you have any suggestions? I'm going nuts here.

Reaction score
I'm sure you know things like: keep the bedroom just for sleeping and sex, don't exercise 3 hours before sleep, etc. But there are times that a doctor can help. Maybe you can get a prescription for 1-2 weeks that will help you sleep, and stay asleep and get your cycle back in balance..

8 O'clock is an early bedtime here, unless you have to get up really early for work. Maybe try staying up until 11, and you will be able to sleep 7-8 hours.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
When I have trouble sleeping I use a small dose timed release Melatonin. You might try asking your doctor about it.

Reaction score
Warm milk, hot baths and smoothing massages work.

Have you googled the side effects of your anti-depression meds?  Maybe it is causing your sleeplessness?  If it is, maybe your doc can switch it for you.

Latest posts