It happened AGAIN.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the owners should be prosecuted. dogs are like children, they arent born bad. if they're trained and raised irresponsibly then all sorts can happen and to have a dog as strong as a pit bull and not be responsible enough to make sure it is well trained is ludicrous. that could have been someones child. its only right that the dog was destroyed for the safety of others and they should not be allowed to keep dogs again.

Originally Posted by jakk-attakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif the owners should be prosecuted. dogs are like children, they arent born bad. if they're trained and raised irresponsibly then all sorts can happen and to have a dog as strong as a pit bull and not be responsible enough to make sure it is well trained is ludicrous. that could have been someones child. its only right that the dog was destroyed for the safety of others and they should not be allowed to keep dogs again. Very well said. I watch animal cops on animal planet and the stupidity of some pet owners amazes and saddens me. Sometimes I have t turn it off b/c it makes me so sad.

oh my goodness, this is sad and scary! i'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor's pet!

That is so sad, I'm glad that person is being sued. Also, since they are being so cas about the whole thing it will only make them appear bad to the media.

That is seriously so awful. I feel so sad for your friend and her dogs. Keep us updated?

That's horrible. I really hope those neighbors receive severe punishment! It's so sad when people don't take proper care of their animals and they end up this way (I mean the pits, not your coworker's dogs). My heart goes out to your coworker.

Thanks so much, everyone. My co-worker is devastated over this whole mess. I feel so horrible for her. She tried to come into work for awhile yesterday and just couldn't handle it, so we sent her home early.
frown.gif

She told us that after the pit was shot by her dad that the guy that owns the pits tried to come over and move the dead one to his patio. They are certain that he was gonna try to lie to the cops and say that her dog went on his property and that her dad came over and shot the pit there.

These people are the epitome of evil. When the media was interviewing them and the cops were issuing them every citation possible, they were laughing and joking about the whole thing, like it was some kind of joke. Meanwhile, my friend's family was in grief and horrified. I don't get how some people can be so cruel. It hurts my heart. Those dogs are their babies and now one of them is gone forever. So unfair.

that is so sad
frown.gif
that said, i'm glad they are facing a lawsuit, and i hope the punishment will be severe. i'm not that happy about the pits having to be euthanized, because i don't like animals being put to death, but i don't think you can do something else.

That is awful. The poor girl. I would be suing and pressing charges against the worthless neighbors. Hell I would even try to run them out of the neighborhood for that. I can't believe animal control waited this long to get off their butts and do something about it.

Wow Kristie! I missed the thread about their first dog! That is really messed up! I know they say pit bulls can be sweet and it's the owners that make them mean, but I just don't like them! That is sooo terrible! I hope they prosecute them too! People who don't train and restrain their dogs properly shouldn't be allowed to have pets!

that is really sad. its unfortunate that people raise their dogs to be like that. my boyfriend has a pitbull and he's the sweetest dog ever. :]

That is so terrible! I have first-hand experience with this. I had a beautiful Doberman and someone's gigantic Rottweiler got in our yard and injured him so severely that he died. It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen. I hope your neighbors one day understand what a tragedy it is and have to feel it for themselves.

Your friends father should have shot those Pitts the FIRST time they came over the fence. The end.

That's so sad! How rotten of the neighbors! I love pits, and know so many friendly ones... it is all in how you raise it. Don't get me wrong, i don't completely trust any dog, but I hate when people train dogs to be nasty and fighters. Sorry to hear about this Kristie!

I own pits, and I know they can be dog agressive. Sadly this is another case of irresponsible ownership, and I feel sorry for both the dogs in this situation

Back