It happened AGAIN.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I posted about the neighbor's pit bulls breaking through the fence and seriously injuring my co-worker's dog. He is doing well now, still has metal rods through his hip, but is healing nicely.

Today was another horrible day. The pits jumped the fence this time while her other little dog was in the backyard and attacked her. She had to be euthanized. She was in the backyard going potty when this happened.

Animal control is now involved along with the media and the police. The neighbors are facing a lawsuit, numerous citations and their pits have been ordered by animal control to be euthanized.

I can't understand how people can be soooo irresponsible. If my dog attacked once, there is no way in hell it would have a chance to attack twice.

That is so sad
frown.gif
. I would be devistated if it happened to me. You're right Kristie!! If it was my dog who did the attacking there is no way in hell I would let it happen again. The neighbors should've took extra precautions

That's awful!!! In my county they are actually banning pit bulls and if one is picked up by animal control......whether it's friendly or not.........they are going to begin euthanizing. I dont agree with this at all. That statement is not meant to open a debate. Just wanted to share how serious it has become here. As an animal lover, I cant stand to think of it. Owners need to take more responsibility for their animals whatever the breed.

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif The pits jumped the fence this time while her other little dog was in the backyard and attacked her. She had to be euthanized. She was in the backyard going potty when this happened. Oh my gosh, this is so upsetting. I can't believe these people allowing their dogs to behave like this... it's crazy and awful.
frown.gif
Poor puppy.

That's so horrible! Well I would have had the police involved the first time. Who's to say that couldn't have been a small child instead of another dog that was attacked! If the dogs attacked once, they should have been chained or taken care of then, there should never have been a second time!!!

that is so horrible. I'm glad the dog responsible is being euthenased - this was not a once off, and how horrible that the other puppy had to be put down.

Thank god that the animal protection and the media are getting involved. I just cant believe pet owners would be so irresponsible!

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Owners need to take more responsibility for their animals whatever the breed. Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG! That's insane! I'm glad it's being taken seriously though. Sounds like the police and any other law enforcement involved is going to do what's right in this case. I'm so sorry about your friend's dogs
frown.gif

Wow that's so sad
frown.gif
My boyfriend's dad has pitbulls and they are really nice but I know some of them are mean!

OMG, that's horrible! One of my worst fears is that my pomeranian will be attacked and seriously injured by another dog.

The neighbors' excuse? Oh, sorry we forgot to tie them up this morning.

M&therf*uckers!!!!!! Sorry, but I am so livid over this. I hope they are punished to the full extent of the law.

This was on the news tonight and the neighbor acted so cavalier over the whole thing, like it was no big deal.

I work with pit bulls all of the time and most of them are the sweetest, most gentle animals you could ever meet. If they have the propensity to attack or have attacked, they should be destroyed right there and then, irregardless of the breed.

And yes, I agree, the law should have been involved the very first time this occured. It could have been a child and the owners would be facing murder charges.

Jesus...

I feel bad for your friend! One dog put to sleep while the other is seriously injured :/

Sucks.

Wow! Animal control is really at fault in this one. They should have been all over the dog when it did it the first time. This is horrible!

It sucks that it happened again. Everyone says that pits are evil dogs but most people dont realize is that its up to the owner how they are. If they are raised in a loving home then they should be fine but if they are raised in a home where they beat there dog and stuff they are going to be mean.

Ohh dear this is Awful, makes me feel so bad at what happened. Makes me mad at some people, they have no right to own an animal of any type. I think any breed of dog will behave depending on how it is raised. Pit Bulls are sure more agressive by nature but If they are raised correctly in a loving envoiroment they are nice pets.

Latest posts

Back