Itchy skin!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get this too. If I get a breakout my skin itches around the breakout. I have a cream from the dermatologist that takes care of redness and itch that I usually use until the breakout goes away. I also lay off the exfoliants as much as possible because these seem to make things worse. I've had two doctors recommend dove for sensitive skin to me. It's a cheap and simple way to wash your face without drying it out. I normally use a clanser that also removes my make up, but occasionally when my skin breaks out I switch to Dove. You can get a travel size to try for less than a buck. Might be worth it before you run off to Sephora...

I don't know what you think it is, but it's rendered from the fat of emus, and it's been used for a long time treating various skin conditions - it's got good antibacterial properties, and also helps with everything from eczema to diabetic neuropathy. Great for moisturising as well, and most people don't react to it.

If you're of the vegan persuasion, try the shea butter instead - east if possible, if not, west works too. I mix emu oil, hemp seed oil, and shea with jojoba for moisturiser and it really has got the eczema under control.

I just bought the Aveeno Eczema care and i have to say it REALLY softens and hydrates my skin. It was pricey at like $11 for me but I needed something different. Im really happy its working well.

Back