I've been banned...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been banned!No,not from this group,but from another Makeup and Beauty forum. And guess their reason?(I sure as hell had to!)The administrator and 1 particular psycho buddy of hers just one day "decided"that I am "someone else."!!!! ? They wouldn't even tell me WHO I was supposedly disguised as,or WHAT the hell that person had done to them-- just that they were sure I was(2 people,including forum owner) this horrible person herself. With no evidence,no proof, nothing!And I'm just so hurt,and so upset about it all,and I really don't know what to do. I LIKED a few people on that forum a lot, now I miss them,but am banned from there without any conception of why. What would someone else do, in my situation?Part of me wants to try and "trace"the REAL person they are (maybe) looking for, but am I just getting too obsessed,going that far? How do I get over being banned from a mostly nice place,emotionally ? Now,even on MUT,half of me is scared it could happen again, again for no provable reason.
kopfkratz.gif

Welll,thanks for reading this,and if you have any advice--any!--it would help. Thanks.

Thats so weird did they look at your IP address or something? crazy Specktra always does that to me and i have to tell them that my friend logs on my computer. They think i have two accounts.

sorry you were banned, i really dont know what to say or have any advice, i would think though befor a admin would make a decision like that they would have some facts, maybe like tracking your ip address or someother way of proveing if you were or werent who they think you are, maybe you could try to contact the admin again to work this out and prove you arent who they think you are. if you really enjoy there site and miss some of the members. either way good luck.

Sorry you were banned but luckily you found us! So let the fun begin. Once again, welcome to MUT!

Originally Posted by caitrin176 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been banned!No,not from this group,but from another Makeup and Beauty forum. And guess their reason?(I sure as hell had to!)The administrator and 1 particular psycho buddy of hers just one day "decided"that I am "someone else."!!!! ? They wouldn't even tell me WHO I was supposedly disguised as,or WHAT the hell that person had done to them-- just that they were sure I was(2 people,including forum owner) this horrible person herself. With no evidence,no proof, nothing!And I'm just so hurt,and so upset about it all,and I really don't know what to do. I LIKED a few people on that forum a lot, now I miss them,but am banned from there without any conception of why. What would someone else do, in my situation?Part of me wants to try and "trace"the REAL person they are (maybe) looking for, but am I just getting too obsessed,going that far? How do I get over being banned from a mostly nice place,emotionally ? Now,even on MUT,half of me is scared it could happen again, again for no provable reason.
kopfkratz.gif
Welll,thanks for reading this,and if you have any advice--any!--it would help. Thanks.

Just make sure that you are not "1 particular psycho" on here too
wink.gif
LOL
We'll find out!!!! lol kidding. Have fun

I'm so sorry you were banned, but don't worry about MUT, no one is ever banned from here without GOOD reason and only as a last resort!

WOW Wierd for sure... If they kicked people out for disguises i'd be history... lol

sorry to hear you were banned! MUT is the best makeup/beauty forum anyway, so it's their loss and our gain
smile.gif

You can change your IP by rebooting your modem most of the time.. just make sure to create the new account with a different email..

Sorry you were banned! That really sucks. It's happened to me before too after being a moderator at a forum for 2 years, with no reason. I'm still rather confused over it but decided to let it go. It happened a few years ago.

Enjoy yourself at MuT!
smile.gif

Thanks everyone!--I was on vacation for a week, and only just got back and read your responses. Yeah, that's horrible,and probably true:someone COULD be or have been impersonating me,and that's scary, but what am I gonna do at this point? And maybe,it was a blessing in disguise, since I never would have found MUT if I hadn't been banned,and I love it!
rockwoot.gif

And I PROMISE not to go "pscho" on you guys: that will be my "twin sister",lol!(Only kiding. If I have one of those "doubles" again, I'm sorry,but I'm finishing her off, this time around!She goes not me!)
rotfl.gif

Welcome Caitrin! It's that other forum's loss, but now WE have you!
biggrin.gif

This is one of the forums with the least amount of renegade members you will ever see. I hope you come to enjoy it here. There are so many pretty ladies and gents here, and no one as of yet has ever displayed "haterism" to other members simply because they were jealous or whatever. I love that here! It's pretty rare for a site that has 40k + members, don't you think?

Their loss is our gain!! I HATE forums that do that....I mean I go to an all girls' college on a private network so if somewhere were to register here it'd be hard to tell!!! AGH! *hugs* Welcome!

as a solution you can make a proof pic...like take a pic of yourself holding up a sign saying "___is the real me anyone else is a fake"

I'm so sorry you were banned): but don't be so upset cus' after all u are a friend of the mut family!!!

Back