I've had a craptacular day...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today is one of those days that I feel like nothing is going my way. I'm about to graduate in two months, so I did two job interviews today and I am positive that I bombed both of them big time! The first one was for Brinks Inc. and the other was for Belk. I was really wanting the Belk interview to go well, because I would love to work there, but I think it horribly. The interviewer did not seem all that impressed with my answers and I think I said a couple of wrong things. My nerves were on edge during the entire interview.... I felt like doing this afterwards
eusa_wall.gif

After the horrible interviews I went to the library to get on the internet so that I can study power point notes for the quiz which was assigned for today. Of course my computer started acting funny and after the first power point, the program basically stopped responding. So I wasn't able to look at the rest of the information.
scream3.gif

However, the brightspot of the day is that my professor pushed the quiz back to Monday so I can actually print out the power points at home. After that class, which is held in an auditorium with really small and steep steps, I make a misstep and I then FALL down the stairs a little way and in the process banging my head on a desk and breaking two nails.
10.gif
Fortunately I didn't fall down the entire stairwell, but enough to make me feel like a clumsy ass with one hell of a headache. Of course this was the one day that I did NOT have my headache medicine, which is something I normally have on me all the time.
frown.gif

After that I still had another class which unfortunately lasts for three hours. In this class there is a certain kid that I swear up and down is on drugs. He argues with the professor, doesn't listen to what he is saying, interrupts other students, spits onto the floor and I could go on and on. Today I walked in and he was sitting in the desk I normally sit in, which isn't surprising since he tried to get me to which with him last week. As soon as he started to gloat about it, I whip around and I basically tell him to shut the **** up, and don't talk to me because I did not want to hear his voice. This guy is full of
bs.gif
and extremely disrespectful.

I hope the crappy stuff is over for today, but knowing my luck, something else will happen. Such as waiting for 30 minutes to catch the bus back home, which happened to me last week...
icon_mad.gif
. Anyway I just felt the need to vent.

But no matter how bad my day was to me, I know that my problems are nothing compared to what is happening right now California.
scared.gif

oooh I HATE days like that! you must be so glad it's over! I'm sure tomorrow will be much better! and, sometimes you think a job interview went really badly and then they call you back! so keep the faith!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif *lots of hugs*that was me yesterday.

Thanks. Sometimes it just helps to vent.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a poopy day. I am sure it will get better. Why did you think that you bombed the interview? I am sure it wasn't as bad as you think it went.

I kept repeating words and going off on tangents during both of the interviews. I just felt that they weren't impressed with me. I didn't have prepared answers
frown.gif

Well I am the interview queen (not by choice!) and I didn't prepare answers really either. I went on about 20 interviews before I finally got an offer I liked.

i'm sorry. we all have our days where everything just goes wrong. it sucks, but it'll pass
smile.gif

First of all, take a deep breath. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I think we judge ourselves harder than most so I am sure that your interviews went well.

I agree with Marisol. We are usually harder on ourselves then necessary. I'm sure you did better than you think but here is to hoping you get the job you want and as Scarlett O'Oara said......Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks girls
smile.gif
You guys are making me feel better
smile.gif
. I hope to death that I get an offer from Belk. I REALLLLLLLYYYYY want to work there. There is a Belk near my parents house, where I am moving to in December. Besides the Belk in the mall, the one I want to work at has a MAC counter
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well tomorrow has got to be a better day.Good luck hun I dearly hope so!!

Thanks Ricci, I love the word craptacular! It was the only word that was fitting enough to describe my feelings for today.

Back