J Lo Look!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:icon_loveOh girls I really love J Lo's look!!It's so fresh and sexy!!What products should I use to get that look?? (You know face,eyes and lips!!)

Originally Posted by Sophia :icon_loveOh girls I really love J Lo's look!!It's so fresh and sexy!!What products should I use to get that look?? (You know face,eyes and lips!!) Here's how to get the smouldering J-Lo glow

health_lopez.jpg

Jennifer Lopez's taste in clothes may vary between hip hop and high fashion, but her choice in make-up remains constant. Always opting for the ultra-feminine, she chooses light shimmers and soft, smoky shadows, which highlight her features without being overpowering. If you'd like to get Jennifer's radiant look, follow these simple steps from celebrity make-up artist Sonia Kashuk. This look is dewy and fresh, so make sure you use a light moisturiser and lip conditioner to prime your face before you apply your make-up:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>
t.gif
</TD><TD>
t.gif
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>
t.gif
</TD><TD align=middle>

<!-- V/5 generated DART tag v2.1 --><!-- sstype=other --><!--DART params(7|548147|/uk_en/beauty/makeup/celeb/articles:527176)--><SCRIPT>document.checkedPBA = (location.search == '')? true:falseif (!document.arrival_pba) document.arrival_pba = ''if (!document.dartFTT) document.dartFTT = ''if (!document.dartTData) document.dartTData = ''if (!document.dartTid) document.dartTid = ''if (!document.catid) document.catid = ''if (!document.ivrtt) document.ivrtt = '';if (!document.ivNPA) { qs = location.search.substring(1).split('&'); document.ivNPA = ""; for (i = 0; i < qs.length; i++) { valSplit = qs.split('='); if (valSplit[0] == 'ivNPA') { if (valSplit[1] == 1) { document.arrival_pba = "!category=nopopup;!category=nopopunder;"; var noReLinks = 1; break; } } }}if (!document.checkedPBA) { for (i = 0; i < qs.length; i++) { pos = qs.indexOf('='); if (qs.substring(0, pos) == 'pba') { document.arrival_pba = unescape(qs.substring(pos+1)+';!category=nopopup;!category=no popunder;'); document.checkedPBA = 1; break; } }} document.write('<scr'+'ipt language=javascript1.1 src=""http://iv.doubleclick.net/adj/vertical.ivillageuk/btyw_btywmakeup_btywdef;chan=btyw;sect=btywmakeup; cont=btywdef;'+document.arrival_pba+document.dartF TT+document.dartTData+document.catid+document.dart Tid+document.ivrtt+'sz=120x240;pos=7;tile=7;ord=42 5613?></scr'+'ipt>') </SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript1.1 src="http://iv.doubleclick.net/adj/vertical.ivillageuk/btyw_btywmakeup_btywdef;chan=btyw;sect=btywmakeup; cont=btywdef;sz=120x240;pos=7;tile=7;ord=425613?"> </SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>http://iv.doubleclick.net/jump/vert...t=btywdef;sz=120x240;pos=7;tile=7;ord=425613?http://iv.doubleclick.net/ad/vertica...=7;ord=425613?</NOSCRIPT><!-- End DART Tag -->

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top colspan="2"><TD>
t.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>What you'll need:

• Cream foundation
  • Concealer
  • Powder
  • Light-shimmer cream eyeshadow
  • Neutral beige powder shadow
  • Eyelash curler
  • Black mascara
  • Eyebrow pencil four shades lighter than your hair colour
  • Rosy cream blusher
  • Taupe lip-liner
  • Shimmering lip-gloss
STEP 1 Dot a small amount of cream foundation onto the skin, and blend with fingers. Keep the application very sheer. If your skin is in good shape, use just a bit of foundation to cover any small imperfections and skip the overall application. If needed, follow with a little concealer under the eyes and blend well. Don't use powder to set the foundation.  

STEP 2 Before you begin the eyes, apply a light layer of foundation over the entire lid, which will act as a base coat for the shadow. Brush a little excess powder, under the eye only, to catch any fallout from the powder shadows. This should be brushed away after the eye make-up is complete.

STEP 3 Apply a layer of a light-shimmer cream eyeshadow from the brow bone down to the lash line, blending well with your fingers. Cover this with a light application of facial powder. The powder will help set the cream shadow and enable you to apply powder shadow on top of the cream. Using a small-to-medium eye contour brush, apply a neutral beige shadow to the crease for added depth and contour.

STEP 4 Curl lashes with an eyelash curler, then apply numerous coats of black mascara to upper lashes only. For more definition, use a liner brush and 'smudge' a little black shadow on the outermost corner of the lash line, top and bottom.

STEP 5 Using an eyebrow pencil, lightly fill in the brows as needed. In choosing a brow pencil colour, go at least four shades lighter than your hair colour, so the colour always looks soft and the brow isn't too severe. Blend the colour, and groom the brows using a bristle brow brush.

STEP 6 For glowing cheek colour, use a cream blusher in a warm, rosy shade. Use your fingertips to dot blusher onto the apples of the cheeks and blend back toward the hairline, keeping the edges very soft. Cream blusher can be heavily pigmented so start light and build until you get the desired colour and effect.

STEP 7 Line the lips with a neutral taupe lip liner. On the inside of the lip, apply light shimmering gloss.

Originally Posted by Sophia :icon_loveOh girls I really love J Lo's look!!It's so fresh and sexy!!What products should I use to get that look?? (You know face,eyes and lips!!) Eyes

Boccia applied a thin line of Fresh Eye Contour pencil in Chilean Hazelnut to just the top of Lopez's lash line and then wet a bit of Fresh powder eye shadow in Coal Crystal to top it. Make Up For Ever shadow No. 35 was used in the crease. She curled Lopez's lashes with a Shu Uemura curler, and then finished with a coat of Shu Uemura mascara in Basic Black.

Face

The reason Lopez's look was so clean and simple for most of "Maid in Manhattan" was, well, simple. "Marisa's a mom," says makeup artist Margot Boccia, "and she doesn't have much time."

Boccia started with a custom blend of Make Up For Ever Face & Body liquid makeup in Nos. 2, 12 and 18. Blush was a combo of Shu Uemura pink 02 and Amber 81. She finished the look with a light dusting of powder by Skin by Alison Raffaele. Boccia lined and filled in Lopez's lips with Hard Candy Super Good lip pencil in Digital, and then applied a bit of MAC Plink lipstick.

I've read in several magazines that she uses Nars Orgasm blush, which I have and I think it would look good on most people.

Originally Posted by MARIAN Eyes

Boccia applied a thin line of Fresh Eye Contour pencil in Chilean Hazelnut to just the top of Lopez's lash line and then wet a bit of Fresh powder eye shadow in Coal Crystal to top it. Make Up For Ever shadow No. 35 was used in the crease. She curled Lopez's lashes with a Shu Uemura curler, and then finished with a coat of Shu Uemura mascara in Basic Black.

Face

The reason Lopez's look was so clean and simple for most of "Maid in Manhattan" was, well, simple. "Marisa's a mom," says makeup artist Margot Boccia, "and she doesn't have much time."

Boccia started with a custom blend of Make Up For Ever Face & Body liquid makeup in Nos. 2, 12 and 18. Blush was a combo of Shu Uemura pink 02 and Amber 81. She finished the look with a light dusting of powder by Skin by Alison Raffaele. Boccia lined and filled in Lopez's lips with Hard Candy Super Good lip pencil in Digital, and then applied a bit of MAC Plink lipstick.

:icon_loveThanks for the tips Marian!!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I've read in several magazines that she uses Nars Orgasm blush, which I have and I think it would look good on most people.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Spazbaby!!Nars Orgasm what color is it?

Originally Posted by Charmaine Check out the picture gallery here.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Charmaine!! Nars Orgasm Lip gloss looks so pretty!!

I bet her look is thanks to her stylist/makeup artist.before she was "famous" she looked like any other girl from the bronx,nothing special,she is not terrific looking without makeup
icon_sad.gif

Half the stars look like crap without makeup on.I had this magazine that had stars before and after pics and it was scary some of the pic,lol

Jessica Simpson,and anna kornikova looked the best with no makeup!

Originally Posted by Trisha These are some things i know she uses
NARS O blush

MAC Style Blush

Stila Lipglazes in Banana, Praline, Vanilla & Apricot

apparently she also uses NARS fndts sometimes x

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Trisha!!!!What's better, Banana,Praline,Vanilla or Apricot??

gald to help.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by eightthirty Thanks Marian!
claps.gif
(my son wanted me to put that there!!)

Originally Posted by Trisha Banana or Praline in my opinion. Praline was voted Best Nude Lipgloss in InStyle magazine and i do think its more universally flattering as its a warm nude x Praline is lovely! It's my HG nude lipgloss!

Latest posts

Back