Jamie Lynn Spears's TV show gets the axe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Source: Sympatico/MSN

The fourth and final season of Jamie Lynn Spears' TV show 'Zoey 101' has been "canned".

The 16-year-old star has already filmed the fourth and final season of kids' show 'Zoey 101' but now Jamie has announced she is pregnant TV bosses are concerned they will send out the wrong message to the young audience if the series is aired.

A show source said: "Nickelodeon bosses are still undecided whether to air season four or not. For now, it looks like it has been canned."

Jamie - who revealed she is expecting her first child with long-term boyfriend Casey Aldridge last month - initially received the full support of the network.

A spokesman said at the time: "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's wellbeing."

Nickelodeon also announced they were considering a 'Zoey 101' TV special about sex and love.

Meanwhile, it has been reported Jamie's former brother-in-law Kevin Federline - who is currently embroiled in a custody battle with Jamie's sister Britney Spears - has been offering his support to the teenager in her time of need.

A source said: "Kevin has long thought of Jamie Lynn as a little sister.

"He was heartbroken because he was concerned about what it would mean for Jamie Lynn's future. He just wants to be part of the support system."

There's a surprise
sleepyhead.gif

i've been seeing commercials for the final episode. i kind of want to watch it... i watch the show occasionally and i kinda like it lol
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think this is something everyone saw coming once she announced her pregnancy... Yeap.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think this is something everyone saw coming once she announced her pregnancy... I agree.

Good, I was not gonna be too pleased if they kept it on. Cause kids are influenced real easy and it's too much if they had.

I feel bad for her but there's no way they could have kept the show on. Can you imagine how much backlash they would have gotten for that?

Originally Posted by jacquelyna /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't even know the show was still on. Ditto

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif She's still rich so... Plus, the whole pregnancy scandal is only making her more famous. After she pops it out, she'll get back in shape, and will be probably be working in no time. When you think about, this pregnancy could actually be really good for her career because it's breaking her out of the goodie-goodie tween world she has been stuck in.

I feel bad for the other kids who were on the show! Its not just Jamie's career being canned.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think this is something everyone saw coming once she announced her pregnancy... agree!

Originally Posted by jakk-attakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif I feel bad for the other kids who were on the show! Its not just Jamie's career being canned. You shouldn't. They had already decided that the 4th season would be the final one before Jaime got pregnant.

There was only ever going to be four seasons anyway ..that's what I read somewhere.

What's the big deal with her pregnacy? Teenagers get pregnant all the time, and I'm not saying that it's a good thing or that it's responsible, but this has been blown out of proportion ..

Latest posts

Back