Janelle - How did your mega-shopping day go?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tell us, how many goodies did you get?

icon_lol.gif

Psssssst.... Hey guys, she's not home yet...but she called me from Manhattan and said that the MAC booth really had nothing !!!
icon_eek.gif
(she was pissed) The place was pretty crowded, but she managed to hit every aisle !!! I can't wait til she gets home either, I'm getting stuff too !!!!
icon_razz.gif
Love, Mom

Hey Guys!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yeah - I was a little disappointed with MAC... they had like NOTHING with them - a lot of stuff you had to order and they would send you. Hey... I want it NOW! lol Second of all - they didn't take CASH! Who doesn't take Cash!?!? I thought I'd be good and not use my debit card - so I left it home and just brough money with me... and then MAC (the only one to do this) says credit only! I was ready to scream! Luckily my friend had her hubby's debit card - so I used that & just gave her the $. Good part out of it is that I'm an Official "MAC Pro" member!! Yayy!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol So I got 30% off the stuff I bought yesterday (instead of the 20% off show special) So that was cool - and for joining the MAC Pro thing - got a free gift - which was Blotting Papers and a tub of lip Conditioner. (Still cool - and FREE!) lol I think the shadows were $7 n' change - unfortunately they didn't have a lot to pick from - so I got 2 and a mineralize... I'm gonna go have some coffee now to wake my butt up - but I'll post pix and all the stuff later... I was going to do it last night - but my back was killing me (from carting everything around) feet hurt from walking about 10 miles - so I was pretty much just ready for bed!!! LOL But I'll post everything tonight
wink.gif

i'm glad you pampered yourself with some stuff
biggrin.gif

that's REALLY stupid that they didn't take cash. that doesn't make sense at all.

congrats on becoming a mac pro member
wink.gif

Oooo, cool that you are a mac pro member!

Now you can go and buy even more!!!!

How did you get to be a Pro member dudette? Glad to hear you'd a good time.. Cant wait to see a list & pics of everything you bought!!

Janelle, it is awesome you bought stuff. I still can't believe they don't take cash; I like shopping with cash also. Can't wait to see pictures, hurry, hurry
biggrin.gif

Congrats on getting the Pro card. You will have to let us in on all the secrets. Can't wait to see your haul!

Ok... time to post all the stuff! LOL ok... pic 1 is when we breaked for lunch - and had to sit on the floor b/c all the tables were filled... but this is outside the 2 main doors to the "spa Expo" part of it... the place is HUGE where this was held... so this spa section was only like one tiny piece of the whole show. They just decided to keep the 'skin & spa" items seperate this year from everything else... the show is pretty much tables and booths from vendors. Bigger exhibits have little stores set up where you can shop, and have stages for live runway shows and demonstrations. There is music pumping from all over, dancers, models and then product representatives doing cuts, colors, styles which are usually also broadcasted on a nearby tv for people who want an up close look of whats going on up on the stage. this was mostly a hair show... but there are TONS of other things there, makeup, skin, nails etc. Anything to do with the beauty business... there were people even selling jewelry, tanning machines, salon furniture, clothing etc.. I didn't take any pics inside just because I was lugging around so much stuff and my cam was buried at the bottom of my backpack... but I'll find some online (sorry!)

Ok.. haul time!

Pic 2 is the stuff I got my mom. Got her one of the Paul Mitchell packs ($10.50) which comes w/ a bottle of "Shampoo One", "Detangler", "Sculpting Spray & a Brush... 3 tubes of the Lisap LK Cream Haircolor she likes ($5.00 each), a can of Shadow Tans self-tanner that she uses ($5), OFRA Q-10 Face Cream ($20), Eyes Off Eyemakeup Remover (Free), Kiss Me Eyeliner (doesn't budge!) in Navy ($13), Eyeshadow palette in bronzes/golds ($6 forget the brand) and a Gold e/s pot ($3)

Pic 3 are my Black Matrix Yoga Pants... gotta get the sweats! LOL ($20)

Pic 4 is Eyes Off Makeup remover (Free), Farouk CHI & Deep Brilliance treatment samples (Free), Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo ($5) Biolage Hydratherepie Cera-Repair Pro Treatment ($10.50 - 10 bottles (10ml) treatments) Did one tonight @ my friends salon...OMG my hair is SO soft & healthy feeling!!! Not greasy, not heavy... just HEALTHY. I can't believe it!!!! She even felt the difference just putting it on! They are tiny little bottles... each one is one treatment. You put on this little applicator nozzle (work it like your milking a cow... nozzle looks like an udder - you squeeze it to dispense) and you work it through shampooed hair... massage into hair & scalp for 10 min. (felt awesome! lol & smells great too!) needs no heat... then rinse. OMG... Amazing. That's the only word that can describe it. They have 3 formulas. One for damaged hair, one for color treated, and the hydrating one... - that I got - I don't think these will be sold in stores to the public, most likely only offered as a treatment in a salon. But this is THE BEST thing I have done - my ends I even see a 100% improvement... it's like they were never dry or damaged... its so good it's strange!!!
icon_eek.gif
Oh yeah... Sally's gave out their large bags too ... (Free) LOL

Pic 5 Products by Alagio (has sub-brand "Trend Setter") Got the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner (Blue & white in pic) Smells sooo good! Like the beach! (only $2 each!) Then the Curl Booster ($2 - friend used this today... TOTALLY curled her wavy hair, with no other products added!) Then the Silk Smoothing collection ($10 for whole set in a drawstring bag) Comes with Shampoo, Conditioner, Detangler Spray, Smoothing Cream, and Anti-frizz Spray. Also came with 5 samples of their other products.

Pic 6 Are 3 Eyeshadow palettes... forgot the brand (NY something I think) but they are REALLY pigmented and only $3 each!!! They had about 12 different ones, but I got these b/c some of the colors were a lot different than the stuff I already have.

Pic 7 two eyeshadow brushes... a med. size shadow blender ($5) and a small smudger ($4) both have nicely packed bristles, no shedding - would compare to a MAC - really nice quality!

Pic 8 Ok... for signing up for the MAC Pro - I got a free gift bag - comes with all the MAC pro class info, membership info, postcard, free Blot Film, and free Lip Conditioner pot! The L/S is the Viva Glam V - which was full price at $14 b/c it's a charity lippie... so no discount - but nice Freebies!!!
smile.gif

Pic 9 MAC stuff...Everything there was 20% off retail (show prices) but since I got the Pro membership I was able to get 30% off that... e/s pots in Expensive Pink & Woodwinked ($9 each) The mineralize e/s in Noble ($10.50) and Lipglass in C-Thru ($9.40)

Pic 10 Free bag that came with Farouk "Hair Toys" products (see pic 11! lol) Love free bags! LOL
wink.gif

Pic 11 Farouk 'Hair Toys" Repair & Shine set... ($20) comes with Shampoo, Conditioning Treatment, Hairspray, Repair serum, and styling paste. (very good stuff by this brand... all the hair toys products - 2 thumbs up!
smile.gif
)

Pic 12 Random Freebies... lol Bracelets, Videos, nail glue, Keychains, Magnets, Pins, etc.... they're always handing out stuff! LOL

Pic 13 Some of the books, catalogs and pamplets from some of the Vendors, we got a whole bunch - but you get the idea
wink.gif

And that was my day! Very fun... took the 7am train into NYC - got there about 8:30 - walked to the convention center... then shopped away! We must've walked about 20 miles yesterday between walking the city to and from the show... and then inside - and carrying around all the stuff... I'm so sore today! But it was definitely worth it! Will try to find some pics online of the show itself... I have some that I took a few years ago - but wanna see if there are some recent ones.
smile.gif
Well, at least I've got the shopping urge out of my system... but for how long? One may never know.
icon_cool.gif
LOL

That is the motha of all hauls! It looks like xmas came early for you this year.

Originally Posted by Marisol That is the motha of all hauls! It looks like xmas came early for you this year. Thanks! Yeah... Definitely an early Xmas! lol Just the discount you get is unbelievable. I mean I got that huge PM shampoo for $5! Meanwhile it's like $14 in the store... There must be some really big markup on these kind of things...Anywhooo... There's a *much* smaller version by another host they have in Oct. closer to my house (only about 30 min. away in a Mariott hotel) we might do that too - not as big, but an early Xmas haul all the same!
wink.gif

Wow! I love the pics. It sure was a great day for you. Enjoy all your products and thanks for sharing them
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks! Yeah... Definitely an early Xmas! lol Just the discount you get is unbelievable. I mean I got that huge PM shampoo for $5! Meanwhile it's like $14 in the store... There must be some really big markup on these kind of things...Anywhooo... There's a *much* smaller version by another host they have in Oct. closer to my house (only about 30 min. away in a Mariott hotel) we might do that too - not as big, but an early Xmas haul all the same!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Wow! I love the pics. It sure was a great day for you. Enjoy all your products and thanks for sharing them
icon_smile.gif
Thanks Lilla!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Omg, Janelle, I'm so jealous of your haul...and thanks for sharing pics, too! Thanks! I would've posted last night - but all I wanted was my BED! lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks! I would've posted last night - but all I wanted was my BED! lol

You mean to tell us that you didn' have a shopping high?

Originally Posted by Marisol You mean to tell us that you didn' have a shopping high? While I was there... oh yeah - but lugging all that stuff around walking miles upon miles... I definitely need to get in shape for next year! LOL
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 While I was there... oh yeah - but lugging all that stuff around walking miles upon miles... I definitely need to get in shape for next year! LOL
icon_redface.gif
Sounds like next year you will be in training for your shop-a-thon!
18_3_110.gif
7_5_133.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Sounds like next year you will be in training for your shop-a-thon!
18_3_110.gif
7_5_133.gif

Yeah! LOL I'll need some "enablers" like Angela on her latest haul!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

oh how cool-I can´t believe you guys get so much free stuff with purchases!!! we rarely get them here.

why do you guys have to make me jealous every time
icon_cheesygrin.gif

tell us how you like the MAC mineralize e/s..I´ve been wanting to get these but I don´t know what´s the difference to the "regular" e/s

Originally Posted by Arielle oh how cool-I can´t believe you guys get so much free stuff with purchases!!! we rarely get them here.why do you guys have to make me jealous every time
icon_cheesygrin.gif

tell us how you like the MAC mineralize e/s..I´ve been wanting to get these but I don´t know what´s the difference to the "regular" e/s

Supposedly you can use them wet or dry. Otherwise... I have no clue! LOL I just like the color!
icon_redface.gif
They said anything "mineral" can be used wet/dry... so thats cool - guess it changes the color effect/staying power - I find wet shadows more bold, & they usually stay on longer.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back