January 2012 Cravebox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was invited to a twitter party which has a January Cravebox as one of their prizes.

They also posted a picture of what items are in the box.

If you want to see what is in the box check out the image hidden below
smile.gif

I personally have not signed up for Cravebox, and I do not plan to. I'm more into the makeup monthly sample boxes. But some of you guys might be interested. Enjoy~

I got that invite, too. I'm not sure just how interested I am in cravebox, but this preview is kind of mehhh to me. I like health products, but I don't want a box of emergen-c in one of my exciting subscriptions lol. 

I got the invite as well. I missed the original sign up and so have been on a waiting list. This box and December's box really has me... I guess grateful... that I DIDN'T sign up because it's not exactly what I thought it would be. Olive oil, a pedometer, a magazine (which I'm subscribed to already), vitamins and one beauty product? Last month had pens, a chocolate bar (?) and some other stuff that I don't remember but know only one item was beauty related. It's an odd mix of items really.

BTW - the Colavita olive oil was one of the companies named in a lawsuit (least I think there was a lawsuit at some point in time) for mislabeling their extra-virgin olive oil as that.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/720875

That is a really bizarre grouping of things.

They might as well send a box of baking soda and some swiffer pads.

Agreed, it is completely different than what I thought it would be when I first heard about it. I think I am not in their target market though, so that might be why it doesn't really appeal to me.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the invite as well. I missed the original sign up and so have been on a waiting list. This box and December's box really has me... I guess grateful... that I DIDN'T sign up because it's not exactly what I thought it would be. Olive oil, a pedometer, a magazine (which I'm subscribed to already), vitamins and one beauty product? Last month had pens, a chocolate bar (?) and some other stuff that I don't remember but know only one item was beauty related. It's an odd mix of items really.

BTW - the Colavita olive oil was one of the companies named in a lawsuit (least I think there was a lawsuit at some point in time) for mislabeling their extra-virgin olive oil as that.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/720875

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is a really bizarre grouping of things.

They might as well send a box of baking soda and some swiffer pads.

That is next month ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just kidding

It's not really advertised as solely a "beauty" box.

"Discover the most crave-worthy food, beauty & home products"

I liked my last box, but I'm also a pen nerd. It definitely won't appeal to everyone.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Olive oil, a pedometer, a magazine (which I'm subscribed to already), vitamins and one beauty product? Last month had pens, a chocolate bar (?) and some other stuff that I don't remember but know only one item was beauty related.

That's true. It's a good deal like Eco-Emi in the regards that it has everything in it but the kitchen sink. lol

I just got my second Cravebox yesterday and I don't know what to think. The pedometer, the magazine, the olive oil o_O

I know it's not a "beauty" box but I would have rather gotten pens again, it was just a weird thing to get in the mail.

Well that died out pretty fast--I was curious but now I'm glad the waitlist was full. Did they just disappear or something, and never come out with a Feb or March box?

I'm still not sold on Cravebox... it just seems odd to me. I love the markers though, I'd use those (would have to hide it but I'd use all of the markers).

for some reason, i love cravebox!  i think the fact that it's only  $10 and i can literally use everything that i have receive is a plus.  last month we got that $120 face and neck serum thing.  the box retailed for around $150...not bad
icon_wink.gif

I think Cravebox looks like a fun one, though I'm not 100% sold. I would try it for a few months if it ever opened...

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Cravebox looks like a fun one, though I'm not 100% sold. I would try it for a few months if it ever opened...

are you on the waiting list?

Definitely, the box was worth 41.98 and only $10 was paid. I believe the 2 before that were over $100. And yes, 6 pens was kind of strange lol

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooh the feb box actually looks pretty interesting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lord know why anyone would need 6 pink/purple pens, but the box definitely seems worth the $10.

Latest posts

Back