January 2014 - No/Low-Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehhhh good and bad. I spent more than my budget, but i also bought relatively little makeup. I bought a powder I actually needed, and an eyeliner and bb cream, and blush I most definitely did not need. But I DID forego any drugstore makeup ALL MONTH and abandoned many carts on websites so I'm calling the month a half success.

Complete breakdown today! I was good up until now, guess I was getting it out before February started. I will do much better in February!😈

I did not do well this month. Not at all. Not at all. Good for everyone who did, though! That's totally amazing and I hope you do just as good if not better in February!!!!

I got a bright idea to depot my eye shadows,trying to make a palate. Well  that got  rid of 3/4 my eye shadows, they  broke all over , the pots got twisted and bent. The  rest looks like a hot mess. I really want to buy the marbleized palate from BH but I  think the sale  will be over before I get paid. I'm on a marbleized eyeshadow kick now. I'm not overly sad  they were W/W. elf but still. I  was in the Dollar General looking a a cheap replacement to get me by , some lady picked up a  cheap nude palate. I'm like  NOOOOOOO  the color  pay off is horrible. Ok in my mind , I yelled it at her, she was  tickled to get a nude  dupe. I hope it works, It  didn't for me and I can almost anything work.

January was great - I didn't think it would be a success, but I managed not to buy anything. The first few weeks were difficult, but I took a photo of my whole collection and made myself look at it every time I wanted to buy something (I put it as a desktop background on my phone and computer). I was a bit tempted once HqHair restocked Naked 3, but I currently have a bunch of eyeshadow and barely touched Naked and Naked Basics, so I talked myself out of it.

Now I have 68 more days to go.

I did it! I resisted temptation and didn't get anything with my 20% off Ulta coupon. It is now expired. Yay! Honestly I'm happy with my stash and didn't NEED anything. There are a couple little things I want to get from avon in February that are on sale. That's it.

I succeeded...my only purchase was one I had alotted myself in advance as a reward for a 5 lb weight loss. (A couple of drugstore items and the Revealed palette). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Doing the same for February...I just have too much!

I did okay this month. I allowed my ipsy and birchbox. Used up my birchbox points and only spent $5 out of pocket. Didn't eat out too much, only bought a couple of rimmel products which are inexpensive. Used my gift cards I got from Christmas on some new clothes! I did spend a decent amount on Scentsy products but that was allowed. Now no more candles for me!! Started doing the monday club and using up products.

Back