Japanese products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skin has a oneven skintone and also pimentation on my upperlip. Also my skintone is now more yellow then when i was younger. Now i would like to know if anyone knows a japanese whitening product that is safe. Because i have heard that Japanese whitening products are meant to take out that yellow tone and not really to lighten. Where i live we dont have Japanese products, except shiseido. And i read somewhere that japanese products are good in this.
icon_confused.gif

Hi Naturally. Do you know a site where they sell this japanese products and also ship it to other countries? And how safe is kojic acid, i read about it but some peolpe said that it isnt that safe either. I know hydrochion is very bad, so i dont want to use that. Do you know if i can do microdermabrasion for my underbelly also, because my underbelly is much darker then my chest area, and i dont know why. Its upset me very much
icon_sad.gif
! I read that melatonin can lighten skin, you know the sleeping pill, but how much do you have to take for results, do you know this maybe. Also i saw somewhere that there is a melatonin cream, but i do not know where to find it on net, its new i think.

Originally Posted by Naturally You could check out DHC's site ..I think you can purchase their products directly from them. Not sure about shipping internationally, but what you might want to do is check their site out here and see if you can get a catalog from them.
They usually enclose samples of their products within the catalog!

Kojic acid is naturally occuring and comes from plant sources. I'm not sure why some say it's not safe unless they were using a product too often. You should be able to find products that have no hydroquinine in it and I believe a lot of DHC's products do NOT have that ingredient ..you'd have to look at the ingredients list. They are nice enough to list their ingredients and I don't look at products where they won't show them for me to see.

As for melatonin, I'm not sure how much you take of that but I have heard mention of it being a whitening agent. Again, you'd want to take precaution with that since it does cause sleepiness. Not sure where to get the cream either. Also I'd imagine (but not sure) that even using the cream could cause some drowsiness since it's getting absorbed transdermally.

As for microdermabrasion for your underbelly ..sure why not! You can use most of those microdermabrasion products anywhere on your body to smooth rough areas.

Hi Naturally. Do you know more natural lightening products like kojic acid. Maybe i can then try a mix of them. I really want to lighten my underbelly as it is almost 4 shades darker the my chest area. And my neck is also darker, but lighter then my underbelly. Are the products from Dhc are for the body also?
I know to be carefull with melatonin, if i would take it ( because of the sleeping effect). But the reason that i want to use it, is that it would be easier than applying creams, because i cannot reach every part of the body. And a pill would work from insight out. And other whitening pills, i do not know if work and are safe. At least melatonin is natural. Maybe i can ask a doctor about melatonin dosage. Do you think a little dosage would be effective for lightening?
icon_idea.gif
. Ok bye
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jennyb I would check out dhc. I just found them, and I love them!!!! Ok Jenny. Then i will give it a try too. Should i type at google: DHC?
icon_wink.gif

Type out:www.dhcskincare.com, and it should take you straight to the website. I read on another website that they had mixed reviews about their lightening products, but you can always return what you don't like. They seem to be very helpful and nice. And plus, you never know till you try something out, right??? I have used their deep cleansing oil (got it yesterday) once, and I loved it!!! My complexion looks so good!!! I loved it so much, that I impulsively
icon_evil.gif
bought their eye makeup remover (which I heard is great) and their lucera gel (which is a lightweight moisturizer that everyone has also raved about, they say it totally brightens up their complexion, smooths it, etc). I tried a sample, they give you lots, of their softening lotion (they call the toners--lotions), and I swear my skin looks so soft, smooth, and nice. I think even these products I've mentioned might be worth checking out, b/c I absolutely love them!!! These products aren't dirt cheap, but a lot of them are reasonably priced!!! But you can only get it online.
mad.gif
. Oh and their shipping is fast, if you are impulsive like me.

sorry, it's not lucera gel, it's acerola gel. I was close though, not really, but just pretend
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by jennyb Type out:www.dhcskincare.com, and it should take you straight to the website. I read on another website that they had mixed reviews about their lightening products, but you can always return what you don't like. They seem to be very helpful and nice. And plus, you never know till you try something out, right??? I have used their deep cleansing oil (got it yesterday) once, and I loved it!!! My complexion looks so good!!! I loved it so much, that I impulsively
icon_evil.gif
bought their eye makeup remover (which I heard is great) and their lucera gel (which is a lightweight moisturizer that everyone has also raved about, they say it totally brightens up their complexion, smooths it, etc). I tried a sample, they give you lots, of their softening lotion (they call the toners--lotions), and I swear my skin looks so soft, smooth, and nice. I think even these products I've mentioned might be worth checking out, b/c I absolutely love them!!! These products aren't dirt cheap, but a lot of them are reasonably priced!!! But you can only get it online.
mad.gif
. Oh and their shipping is fast, if you are impulsive like me. Hi there, thanks for the explanation. I looked yesterday, and the site looks nice. I only dont know yet if they ship it to the Netherlands, because my computer stopped working yesterday, so i will have to look again to find out. And about the prices, yes its not cheap but if the products are good i dont mind, shiseido and estee lauder and others or not cheap also. Have you used the arbutin products and oh yeh i saw a conditioner for the eyelashes, do you have this one? I would want to try the coditioner. Its the first time that i heard about dhc, so thanks for info me, are they a natural skincare line, would like to know? Anyway thanks again, greetz Lolli
icon_lol.gif

dhc is based on the natural benefits of olive oil and they do not add unneccessary coloring or irritating fragrances---this is what it says on their website
icon_cheesygrin.gif
. About the arbutin, I have not tried it, but it seems like everyone on another website absolutely loved the arbutin white cream, and the lotion (which is a toner). They all seemed to love the stuff, so I would check that out. They didn't say discoloration went away 100%, but they said that their skin evened out, they got compliments, etc. And I believe it, b/c (i'm going to purchase the softening lotion, which I sampled) this has totally made my skin look great. So I would try out the white cream, lotion, acerola gel, softening lotion. Of course not all of them, unless you can afford it (I can't
icon_neutral.gif
)!!! GOOD LUCK, hope I helped. Oh and I have not tried to eyelash thing,
frown.gif

There are so many of Japanese brand skincare whitening products.

I've seen in latest Japanese Magazines, there are many new skin care line products, including whitening.

But, they rarely give a free sample of their products from the catalogue order here in Japan.

DHC is pretty famous here. I can easily get the products here from a convenient store, super market or drugstores. Kose, my sister in-law uses their whitening products, which is confuse me that she already has clear-bright skin (Asia white skin), then why she have to use all that whitening products lol.

The new whitening-essence product from IPSA is also seems good, but it's a bit pricey.

I rarely bought Japanese skin care products because they don't actually put the ingredient list on it. That is why I always end up to foreign products.

Currently I'm looking forward to try one of Yusui products, new skincare line from Kanebo. But, I have to purchase their mini sample products first. I don't think can get a free sample if I don't purchase one of their products first.

I just found this website for Japanese products, I think it's also ship to International address.

http://www.beautykat.com/

They sell few of Japanese products, you might want to visit the web first.

Good luck and I hope you find the right one. If you need any help for other Japanese skin care products just let me know, maybe I could help, I'll send you the sample products if you want to try.

If you would like to get lighter, a minimum of 2-3 shades, the best are Makari products. They contain no kojic acid and no hydroquinone. Its safe and EFFECTIVE although expensive. Hydroquinone and Kojic acid have an adverse effect of giving brown spots on your skin if exposed to sunlight. Thats why if you wear them in sun you have to put lots of sunscreen. Most Hydroquinone and Kojic Acid products are therefore night time treatments. In Makari their products are from Caviar (natural plant extract) Which is safe and effective. Currently they are giving out samples which i just ordered recently www.makari.com . They are especially made for asian and african skins that would like to get LIGHTER safely without harsh ingredients. I havent tried any makari products, i am waiting for my sample. I did a lil research- found LOTS of positive remarks on it.

Does Shiseido UV White work ? I have seen it around onlien and magazine, i don't know if it works.

Aren't those whiteners quite dangerous fr your skin? I'd love to try them, but I guess I wouldn't dare...

Have u ever tried SK II whitening facial mask? As my skin is not really healthy, so I decide to use it continously for 21 days as recommended with SKII Essence,and it helped brightened my skin alot.But it's quite expensive.

my friend also use it too but it didn't help alot,so maybe it depends on one's skin T_T

Originally Posted by lollipop /img/forum/go_quote.gif My skin has a oneven skintone and also pimentation on my upperlip. Also my skintone is now more yellow then when i was younger. Now i would like to know if anyone knows a japanese whitening product that is safe. Because i have heard that Japanese whitening products are meant to take out that yellow tone and not really to lighten. Where i live we dont have Japanese products, except shiseido. And i read somewhere that japanese products are good in this.
icon_confused.gif
Shiseido has wonderfully well done products, like their Puerness line or their bio-performance range.

I am currently using their bio-performance concentrated anti-wrinkle eye-cream. I can say it is absolutely amazing, both as a good misture night eye cream and as day cream.I swear by it!

I ordered a month ago Silk Whitia's whitening mask from sasa.com and it worked really, really well! My skintone is now even, lighter and brighter. I didn't have any reaction to it and in the website there's the ingredient list. The main ingredient is pearl powder. If you want to be really careful just buy some pearl powder and mix it with honey or water and use it as a mask for 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Back