Jennifer Garner Puts 'Kibosh' on Her Daughter Acting

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
jennifer_garner180.jpg

Violet Affleck may be the daughter of famous movie stars, but her mother, Jennifer Garner, doesn't want her following in her parents' footsteps.

"We would just kibosh it," Garner, 35, said of how she and husband Ben Affleck would handle Violet if she showed any acting ambition. But, so far the 2-year-old is "unaware of what we do for a living," she told reporters at the London premiere for her new film, The Kingdom.

Regardless, Violet was a hit on the Kingdom set when Garner was shooting last year. "It brought so much joy to the job," the Golden Globe-winning actress said. "I would [go] back and forth, from playing with her and taking care of her to running back to work."

It was Affleck that pulled diaper duty Thursday night while Garner was accompanied by costar Jamie Foxx and director Peter Berg. "He's babysitting," laughed Garner, "I can't wait to have him as my date again, but right now we're just kind of passing in shifts."

Garner's Premiere Dreams

Best known for her starring role on the TV show Alias, Garner said that the show ending gave her more time to attend premieres she had only "dreamt of" in the past. "This was the most exciting thing," she said as she signed autographs for fans on the red carpet. "The reception's been so warm, so I'm really happy".

The only thing Garner wasn't happy about was the U.K. withdrawal of Affleck's directorial debut Gone Baby Gone, a crime drama about the abduction of a little girl. The film is due out in the U.S. on Oct. 26, but its release in England has been suspended due to similarities with the Madeline McCann case.

"It's such a beautiful film. It's such a crush that because of everything that's going on here right now it's not the right time, but hopefully you'll get to see it someday," she said.

I'm glad Ben finally hooked up with someone like her. She does seem very real and not soooo..."Hollywood".

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm glad Ben finally hooked up with someone like her. She does seem very real and not soooo..."Hollywood". i agree
sunshine.gif

I agree as well. It seems he is happier and more relaxed than when he was with Jennifer Lopez.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love her, she is so down-to-earth. Ditto, lucky Ben.

Latest posts

Back