Jergens Natural Glow lotion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? I was at Target and thought I'd pick it up on a whim, but it was sold out. So then I went to Kroger to finish up grocery shopping and again it was sold out. Well then I decided it must be good so I went on a hunt...took 3 more stores before I found one that wasn't sold out! So I'm thinking it must be good right?

So far I don't notice a difference, but I the tube says it takes a couple days! Just curious if y'all have tried this.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Has anyone tried this? I was at Target and thought I'd pick it up on a whim, but it was sold out. So then I went to Kroger to finish up grocery shopping and again it was sold out. Well then I decided it must be good so I went on a hunt...took 3 more stores before I found one that wasn't sold out! So I'm thinking it must be good right? So far I don't notice a difference, but I the tube says it takes a couple days! Just curious if y'all have tried this.

No Bon-Bon...haven't tried it yet, but I've heard of it...I got Nivea's Body Silk Shimmer Lotion - its nice...does give you a nice shimmer like it says., but I think it would look fab. on a tan....Also picked up Nivea "soft" it comes in a jar, its thick, rich, & creamy - perfect for coming out of the bath/shower..sorta has a baby fragrance to it...lol....delicious!

Originally Posted by Marisol Check out the reviews on the Product Review Center.
HTH!

oooh Marisol, Im glad you mentioned that....I always forget about the "REVIEWS" - let me check my nivea stuff out....lol...thankx xx
icon_biggrin.gif

my sis still hasn't found out! it's on backorder on their website, or something like that.

me too.

Originally Posted by K*O* oooh Marisol, Im glad you mentioned that....I always forget about the "REVIEWS" - let me check my nivea stuff out....lol...thankx xx
icon_biggrin.gif

I have both the Nivea and the Jergens shimmery lotions, it's great! It looks so pretty when the sun hits it, very soft sparkles and it's supposed to even out skin tone. IMO, the Nivea is slightly more subtle than the Jergens, but both are good so check them out! I'll let y'all know in a few days if I think the Natural Glow actually makes me tanner!

im having a problem finding it too. i tested it out once on my arms and hands, and i shouldve just gotten it then. it smells nice enough and is light so it wont interfere with perfume. it gave a bit of shimmer, but it didnt show much on my skin. (im a mac C3/LLL.) i used the darker version.

i do like the idea of a buildable gradual tanner. ive also tried neutrogenas buildable tan stuff, but it didnt show at all even after a few weeks.

I've been using the medium Jergens NG for about 2.5 weeks and it has given me some color. Not a lot, but some. I used the fair before that for about a week, and I saw NO change (and I am quite fair myself). A lot of people say they don't like the smell, but it really doesn't bother me. I think it's fine.

Do be careful when using it on, say, your ankles as they really soak it up and will be darker than the rest of you.
wink.gif

I took a pic of my legs "before" .. I should take an "after" pic and see how much difference there is, huh? Maybe I'll do that...if I get brave enough, I'll post them. haha!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by melzie_fire I've been using the medium Jergens NG for about 2.5 weeks and it has given me some color. Not a lot, but some. I used the fair before that for about a week, and I saw NO change (and I am quite fair myself). A lot of people say they don't like the smell, but it really doesn't bother me. I think it's fine.
Do be careful when using it on, say, your ankles as they really soak it up and will be darker than the rest of you.
wink.gif

I took a pic of my legs "before" .. I should take an "after" pic and see how much difference there is, huh? Maybe I'll do that...if I get brave enough, I'll post them. haha!
biggrin.gif

Yeah! Post em'!!! LOL & Welcome back Mel!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by melzie_fire I've been using the medium Jergens NG for about 2.5 weeks and it has given me some color. Not a lot, but some. I used the fair before that for about a week, and I saw NO change (and I am quite fair myself). A lot of people say they don't like the smell, but it really doesn't bother me. I think it's fine.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

id really like to see comparative before and after pics.
smile.gif

I've tried the Jergens Glow lotion, the Oil of Olay Radiance Quench (same concept) and the Coppertone Lotion. All three are basically the same or do the same. Out of all of them, I prefer the Oil of Olay. Its the most subtle but it is also the one that stinks the least. Maybe I'm extra sensitive but the sunless tanning smell makes me queasy and gives me a mild headache. When I first tried the Jergens, I got color the next day - maybe because I'm super fair. It smelled nice at first but as I lie in bed (I put it on at night) I could smell that sunless tan odor and it just made me feel bleck. I think I wrote reviews on all three but I forgot now, I gotta check.

Just bought a tube tonight while I was at Kmart... (Plus I had a $1.50 off coupon!
icon_redface.gif
) I'll let you all know my findings!
redface.gif

I've used it every day since Saturday. Already I do notice a difference on my untanned areas (I've been using it all over), but they are really pale and I'm using the medium so that might be why. I think there might be a subtle touch of color on my arms and legs as well, but that could be my imagination. I don't really notice the smell. I use this at night after showering and then use another nicely scented lotion right before I go to bed. It feels a bit sticky but maybe I'm using too much!

That's why you're not smelling the tanning smell because you use another lotion on top of it.

Me -
icon_biggrin.gif
I'm too impatient to wait for all those layers to dry.

Me too! Same. Nothing from the fair. Hardly anything from the medium and I'm a fair girl. I don't dig the smell but it isn't as bad as other self tanners.

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

OK, I'm gonna try to post these pics. Sorry it took me so long. We had some cold weather here for a while (Snow! In May! In Texas!) so I didn't shave my legs like I normally do and didn't mess with the Jergens, either... so, it faded quite a bit. I've been using it about 7 days in a row now and can see a change again, but not a *whole* lot. Not sure if it shows up very well in the pics or not.. but here goes.. (Don't laugh too hard, please!)
biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif

I have been using Jergens Natural Glow for about 4 weeks now and I am now using everyday to extend my airbrush tan and I really like it. I have not noticed the unpleasant smell. I do think you have to be careful on elbows and knees though cause they do turn a rust color if not careful

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Has anyone tried this? I was at Target and thought I'd pick it up on a whim, but it was sold out. So then I went to Kroger to finish up grocery shopping and again it was sold out. Well then I decided it must be good so I went on a hunt...took 3 more stores before I found one that wasn't sold out! So I'm thinking it must be good right? So far I don't notice a difference, but I the tube says it takes a couple days! Just curious if y'all have tried this.

I wanted to try it cause the model in the ad looked so awesome,but im afraid of turning into a streaky monster.

Latest posts

Back