Job Interview! Help with makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a huge job interview in 2 weeks and I want to look nice. I need ideas on my makeup. I will be wearing black pants, black shoes that have these cute white dots. As far as the shirt, I am thinking of buying a white one. Anyways, also, I am currently using the Clinique powder thats like the MAC studio FIx but it makes my skin super oily after a few hours. Are their any products you guys might recommend?

HELP! I NEED TO LOOK NATURAL YET PROFESSIONAL. If you guys find any pictures of diff looks please post, im more of a visual person
smile.gif

Thanks so much, you guys rock!
rockwoot.gif

Hi
smile.gif

I found this on a site:

· Use foundation or tinted moisturizer to even your skin tone and cover blemishes.

· Apply concealer where needed but don’t over do it, especially around your eyes.

· Use a facial highlighter or a soft white eye shadow to lightly accentuate the inner corners of your eyes. A bright-eyed look says you’re alert and interested in what the interviewer is saying.

· Use a neutral color palate for your eyes of no more than three shades. Try a light sand highlight shade for browbones, hazelnut along the crease and cocoa on lids and under the lower lashes.

· Line your lids with sage or sable. Liner should be used sparingly and smudged to create a defined, but soft look.

· Apply soft black mascara lightly along lower lashed and to top lashes. Apply a second sweep along the outside lashes to really open your eyes. Be sure mascara has no clumps, flakes or smears along your lids.

· Use an eyebrow pencil or powder to fill-in and define your look. A small amount of hair wax helps define brows and keep them in place.

· Apply blush lightly under your cheek bones to define and on the apples of your cheeks to accent your eyes.

· Line your lips with a neutral liner and fill in. Apply a mild lipstick in a coordinating shade to your eye palate. Be sure your lips are moisturized. Freshen your smile with a clear lip balm before you go in for your interview.

· Avoid all shimmer and high-shine gloss.

Above poster has a great reply...remember to be simple and professional, if they look at you and see someone all glammed up it takes away from what you have to say!

I think when girlies try to put too much emphasis on the eyes i.e lots of eye liner and eyeshadow it takes that professional and natural look away so remeber dont put too much emphasis xoxo

keep it simple and professional like everyone said. You don't want your makeup to be a distraction for the interviewer.

I agree to keep the makeup simple.......if it were me I would not go for a white top, too waiter like, a pretty colour would be nice, nothing to flashy though. and good luck!!!!

Go very, very easy on the eye makeup! I have to interview applicants at work all the time, and nothing comes across worse than heavy black eyeliner or dark shadow when you are trying to convince someone of your professionalism. Keep everything light and natural. Don't line the lower lash line and keep eyeshadow matte and neutral. Avoid dark lips, too.

Think clean, simple, and put together.

Visual Aides!

stephanie eyes closed on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

natural makeup on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And a Helpful How-to for natural looking makeup

nzgirl - How to do: Natural Make-Up

keep it simple, that's the key. usually i'll just even my skintone, make sure my face stays matte, and use neutral e/s, matte or satin, nothing shimmery. a bit of eyeliner on the upper lid, very close to the roots of the lashes, and a bit of mascara. blush and a neutral lipcolor (or just a tinted lipbalm).

Originally Posted by ounces /img/forum/go_quote.gif Go very, very easy on the eye makeup! I have to interview applicants at work all the time, and nothing comes across worse than heavy black eyeliner or dark shadow when you are trying to convince someone of your professionalism. Keep everything light and natural. Don't line the lower lash line and keep eyeshadow matte and neutral. Avoid dark lips, too.
Think clean, simple, and put together.

Visual Aides!

stephanie eyes closed on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

natural makeup on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And a Helpful How-to for natural looking makeup

nzgirl - How to do: Natural Make-Up

thanks for the links !!
here's also a video that shows you a natural makeup

I don't know how professional you want to come across but polka dotted shoes seems a bit unprofessional. I'd go for all black flats or low heels. Just something plain but sophisticated. I also agree with maybe changing the colour of your shirt to make it somewhat interesting but not in your face bright. Maybe a pastel or something.

For makeup, I'd wear a light wash of a champagne like colour, defined brows, light application of a peachy blush with a sheer lipbalm and tinted moisturizer and powder.

Latest posts

Back