Job Interview

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To anyone interviewing for a job, have hope...
icon_smile.gif

Man Bolts Job Interview, Nabs Truck Thief

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD width="40%"><!-- Yahoo TimeStamp: 1092782762 --><!-- timestamp 1092782762 32301 secs stale 28800 secs -->Tue Aug 17, 6:46 PM ET

</TD><TD noWrap align=right width="60%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- TextStart -->

TACOMA, Wash. - A man bolted from a job interview when he saw a woman steal his truck with his sleeping 6-month-old daughter inside, and the prospective employers say he'll be hired.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="1%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="99%"></TD><TD width=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The episode unfolded Monday afternoon as the unidentified man was talking with John Delgado and Nick Delin about working as a cook at their restaurant, Big Nick's Pizza and Pasta, police and the owners said.

Delin told The News Tribune the man kept an eye on his extended-cab pickup, keys at the ready, as his baby slept in her car seat in the back seat of the vehicle, which was locked with the air conditioner running.

Nearing the end of the interview, a woman apparently used master keys to enter the truck and took off.

"He just flew out the door," Delin said.

Delin and the job seeker gave chase in Delgado's sport utility vehicle and the father called police.

They lost sight of the truck briefly, then spotted it crossing the street from an alley into a gravel lot, where they confronted the driver. Police arrived within seconds and took her into custody.

The baby slept through the whole drama.

The woman, who repeatedly claimed she thought the baby was a fake, was booked into the Pierce County Jail for investigation of auto theft and first-degree kidnapping, police officer Mark Fulghum said.

The father was not arrested for leaving his child unattended in the truck, but that aspect remained under investigation.

"For right now, we're glad everybody came out OK," Fulghum said.

Meanwhile, Delin and Delgado decided not to resume the interview.

"He's going to have the job," Delgado said.
eek.gif

Oh my goodness! I'm glad the baby is alright. I'm curious - if he couldn't get someone to watch the baby for a short interview, who will watch her when he's working??

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Oh my goodness! I'm glad the baby is alright. I'm curious - if he couldn't get someone to watch the baby for a short interview, who will watch her when he's working?? What a dumbass..I don't care if the airconditiong was on..You don't leave a baby in the car.

Latest posts

Back